Bourjois Volume Glamour

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Bourjois Volume Glamour
Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara

3.7

WATER PARAFFIN CYCLOMETHICONE BEESWAX TRIETHANOLAMINE STEARIC ACID PALMITIC ACID ACACIA SENEGAL GUM EXTRACT CARNAUBA WAX C11-13 ISOPARAFFIN ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE DIMETHICONE PHENOXYETHANOL RICE WAX PANTHENOL METHYLPARABEN PROPYLPARABEN TALC ETHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN. (MAY CONTAIN): ULTRAMARINES IRON OXIDES MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE CARMINE FERRIC FERROCYANIDE.

on 6/8/2017 6:39:00 PM

Flakes down my face. Clumps like crazy on the lip of the container and on the lashes. Like Bourjois products and have used them for years. So surprized their quality contoolers allowed this on the market. Don't buy!

I really love this mascara as an everyday mascara. Its a really "natural look" mascara which I use everyday for work. Its not clumpy, doesnt smudge.
I find that I cant apply additional coats as it goes clumpy so I use a different mascara when I want huge lashes

on 3/5/2013 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

This did nothing for my eyelashes which are already naturally pretty long. Flaked everywhere. There is also something wrong with the rubber stopper at the top - it doesn't stop the formula coming out there's loads of mascara coming out and clumping around the top of the bottle. Don't buy!

on 11/5/2012 12:19:00 PM

This mascara is not bad, but it does nothing for my lashes. It doesn't clump, it does not irritate my eyes, but it doesn't give my lashes volume. It just puts on a little color. I had worse mascaras.

on 11/4/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

To be honest, I bought it because I like Bourjois girlish packiging. The mascara doesn't do wounders. It isn't a bad mascara either. Makes my lashes look nice but doesn't make them optical longer or give them extra volume.

on 7/22/2011 7:32:00 PM

This was one of my first mascara's when I was younger, and it will only ever be that. While it does it's job it's just not a mascara that you will make your permanent considering all the other options there are whether its mid or high end brands. It's great for a non fussy semi-full effect if you're on a budge. The brush is medium-large but even after a few applications it's not as full on as some Diorshow and other Bourjois mascaras (e.g. their Clubbing one). Yet not as natural and fine as L'oreal's telescopic - so somewhere inbetween the two.

Pros: It applies swiftly, doesn't clog as long as you just do a couple of strokes.

Cons: It dries out faster than other mascaras, could be slimmer in packaging design.

While it's an okay mascara it's just not that memorable to buy again.

on 5/3/2011 10:28:00 AM

This is a fabulous mascara, there are numerous versions of Volume Glamour, I have ultra black (I don't notice it being any blacker than normal tbh) but there's also a curling one, an ultra care one and the standard one.

I've owned the standard one and ultra black, both of them are brilliant and the others get great reviews. I hope Bourjois never stop selling this mascara, it's great for day time and for evening wear, it's not heavy, it doesn't clump, it doesn't make your lashes hard and crispy, it doesn't flake and on me it doesn't smudge too badly either - around 16 hours after application I might get smudging but that's nothing to complain about for me.

My lashes are medium length and to be honest quite sparse from years of pulling them out due to trichotillomania, I find that this mascara does a great job of making them look longer, thicker and blacker without irritating my eyes.
I guess one gripe I'd have is that the tube entrance is fairly wide and doesn't scrape the brush off so you're left with a blob of mascara at the end of the brush most of the time - very annoying but if you just scrape it off it's fine, I clean my tube fairly regularly so it doesn't get all goopy.

Reasonable price, non irritating, nice looking tube, good for all occasions. You can't go wrong with this.

FYI - I also own YSL Faux Cils and whilst i find Faux Cils to give you more oomph, there isn't a huge amount of difference I would say... I save the Faux Cils for special occasions but I would purchase bourjois over YSL purely because of the price factor and that there isn't double the price worth of difference.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

PROS
I like the packaging and I quite like the thickish traditional style brush.
I find this mascara does give me pretty volume and a good level of 'blackness' with one coat and if you're careful with the application a little length as well.
CONS
I find the tip of the wand often gets clogged with product and requires wiping off.
Application needs to be carefully done to ensure no clumping together of lashes. A second coat will give heaps of volume but at the expense of some clumping.
Leaves lashes feeling pretty stiff
VERDICT
This mascara did a reasonable job of providing volume with one coat as per their claims but I wouldn't buy it again to due it being clumpy and making my lashes feel stiff. In the same price bracket I prefer L'oreal Voluminous and for ultimate volume and seperation I much prefer my Diorshow. I generally like Bourjois products and will probably give the 'ultra care' formula a try.

on 4/1/2010 4:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have long lashes but could do with abit more volume..

and i can tell you this is not the product to do that. Packaging looked lovely nice shape, brush and the formula at a glance looked good.
Application... not so great! literally no volume at all, i've had better volume from mascaras which do not advertise themselves as volumisers.

It made my lashes look stubby a second coat didn't thicken it up and all. very disapointed in this product.

It also became the first mascara i have ever returned.

This is my HG mascara. I have been using it for many years. (I am sad that Sephora no longer carries Bourjois!) No matter how many other mascaras I try, I always go back to this one. I have never found one that I like nearly as much.

My pet peeve with other mascaras is when they make my eyelashes look like dry, hard, black-mud coated spider legs, clumpy and thick. This mascara NEVER clumps on the first coat and only sometimes on the second coat. Any clumps are easily smoothed out by a swipe of my finger, a swipe of a hard paper towel or napkin (tissues leave white dust behind), or a quick swipe from a lash comb.

******* IMPORTANT TIP: Wait for the 1st coat to half-dry before applying the 2nd coat. (If you apply the 2nd coat while the mascara is still too wet, applying the 2nd coat is pointless. If you wait too long and the first coat is too dry, then the results are clumpy and sticky.) I have found that the time it takes to apply each eye with 1 coat is enough time to half-dry. ********

It thickens and lengthens my lashes well, but it does not give as dramatic results as some other mascaras (like DiorShow). I like that it looks natural, which makes it ideal for daily use. However it never flakes, never irritates, never smudges, never leaves rings under my eyes, almost never clumps, and lasts all day, even through sweating and sleeping! I would say it is water-resistant and not waterproof, which is perfect! (I find waterproof mascaras too difficult to remove. Plus I hate that they require tugging at the delicate skin around my eyes to get it off, especially when you get black rings under your eyes from it!) I have very sensitive eyes and wear contacts, so non-flaking, non-irritation, and longevity is very important to me in a mascara. I also like that the finish of it looks a little satiny (slightly shiny, like real eyelashes), supple, soft, and moist, instead of fake, dry, hard, brittle, powdery, and cakey like with other mascaras.