Bourjois Volume Glamour

Filtered by age: 25-29
Bourjois Volume Glamour
Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara

4.1

WATER PARAFFIN CYCLOMETHICONE BEESWAX TRIETHANOLAMINE STEARIC ACID PALMITIC ACID ACACIA SENEGAL GUM EXTRACT CARNAUBA WAX C11-13 ISOPARAFFIN ACRYLATES COPOLYMER ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE DIMETHICONE PHENOXYETHANOL RICE WAX PANTHENOL METHYLPARABEN PROPYLPARABEN TALC ETHYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN ISOBUTYLPARABEN. (MAY CONTAIN): ULTRAMARINES IRON OXIDES MICA TITANIUM DIOXIDE CARMINE FERRIC FERROCYANIDE.

I really love this mascara as an everyday mascara. Its a really "natural look" mascara which I use everyday for work. Its not clumpy, doesnt smudge.
I find that I cant apply additional coats as it goes clumpy so I use a different mascara when I want huge lashes

on 5/3/2011 10:28:00 AM

This is a fabulous mascara, there are numerous versions of Volume Glamour, I have ultra black (I don't notice it being any blacker than normal tbh) but there's also a curling one, an ultra care one and the standard one.

I've owned the standard one and ultra black, both of them are brilliant and the others get great reviews. I hope Bourjois never stop selling this mascara, it's great for day time and for evening wear, it's not heavy, it doesn't clump, it doesn't make your lashes hard and crispy, it doesn't flake and on me it doesn't smudge too badly either - around 16 hours after application I might get smudging but that's nothing to complain about for me.

My lashes are medium length and to be honest quite sparse from years of pulling them out due to trichotillomania, I find that this mascara does a great job of making them look longer, thicker and blacker without irritating my eyes.
I guess one gripe I'd have is that the tube entrance is fairly wide and doesn't scrape the brush off so you're left with a blob of mascara at the end of the brush most of the time - very annoying but if you just scrape it off it's fine, I clean my tube fairly regularly so it doesn't get all goopy.

Reasonable price, non irritating, nice looking tube, good for all occasions. You can't go wrong with this.

FYI - I also own YSL Faux Cils and whilst i find Faux Cils to give you more oomph, there isn't a huge amount of difference I would say... I save the Faux Cils for special occasions but I would purchase bourjois over YSL purely because of the price factor and that there isn't double the price worth of difference.

on 8/19/2009 11:49:00 PM

This is my HG mascara. It does not give dramatic results, but it creates a pretty, full-lashed look that lasts all day, through any weather without leaving any smudges what so ever under my eyes - even if I nap or workout in it.

on 4/18/2009 7:57:00 AM

Well, I thought I had to write a review about this mascara as it was such a good surprise! First of all, I need to explain that I used to mainly buy my mascara from Lancome, Dior or YSL. Lately I was using Lancome, it was a good mascara... new... 6 weeks later it was all clumpy and I did not pump the brush all the time. I got really annoyed because I was spending serious money on high end mascaras all to see that they do not last long (and just like a lot of people out there I need to try be more money wise). Three months of good usage would make me happy so I don't think I am asking much. So I decided to try hight street... gasp... I strolled along the make up alley of my local Boots... and I stop in front of the Bourjois counter. I pick up the volume glamour in carbon black and went home to try it, scared that my eyes might fall out from using something so cheap, 5 pounds compare to the usual 18 pounds minimum... in all honesty made me take the plunge! Well ladies I was very happy with the results, volume glamour in carbon black is a very good mascara, it is just as good if not better than virtuose or hypnose from Lancome. My lashes are well defined, very black and sexy. I even took a nap while wearing it and no panda eyes when I woke up! So all I can say is go to your local drugstore and try it, see for yourself if it works for you because if you buy volumising mascaras and pay through the nose for them... you might found yourself feeling silly for not having tried it before just like I did! One last thing... it comes off really well with ordinary eye make remover without having to scrub like crazy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I recently purchased this and I LOVE it! I think this is the one I'll be buying from now on!! I love the packaging, and it really does do what it says it will do. It gives great volume, doesnt clump, doesnt flake off and it makes my eyes look SO large and bright!! I LOVE it!

I picked this up based on the good reviews here, and I'm not disappointed! At last, a volumizing mascara that delivers without excessive clumps, smearing, and flaking! I've tried drugstore volumizing mascaras, and they either don't do what they claim or they give me big lashes with crazy clumping and/or flaking. I put in on as soon as I got in my car (before I took off, of course), and the effect was instant! Gives my lashes an instant pop without having to layer it on! The brush is a realistic size too! I just don't see how I can use one of those ginormous mascara brushes without poking myself in the eye. Great choice for those of you who want to venture outside the drugstore for a big volume mascara, but don't want a twenty and up price tag!

UPDATE: If you love the volumizing power of the new Maybelline Collossal mascara but hate the flaking, you'll love this! Volume Glamour produces the exact same result on me, minus all the negatives! continued >>

on 8/20/2008 2:15:00 PM

This is by far one of the best mascaras I have ever used besides their Coup de Theatre False Lash Illusion. I have tried other mascaras always coming back to this one. It gives me just enough volume and length lasting all day without flaking. It is a little pricy but it is worth it. The only downfall is that it only comes in black. So if you are looking for brown you are out of luck.

I'm gonna have to give the little purse-sized one in ultra black all five lippies. It's not perfect but for what it is, it does a fantastic job. These days, I just dont think that there is any sort of "perfect" mascara. There is no smudge-free, lengthening, volumizing, dramatic, wearable, easily removable mascara. No such thing. *steps off soapbox*
That being said, this little baby has a cute fatty brush and a very vavava-voom formula. It can and does clump, if you're not careful. Yes, I look like I'm wearing mascara, but it also looks like I'm wearing eye shadow too, so what's the big deal? Length and big-time volume and minimal smudgy-ness. Although nothing compares to Kiss Me mascara's fantasticly clean removal, this washes off fairly painlessly.
Although I secretly despise Sephora's check-out line for getting me every time, the supercute purse-sized version fits well into my daily makeup bag. It's a keeper. **UPDATE** I am almost exclusively using this now. It's easy to get used to long dramatic lashes. As the tube gets a little older, the product thins a bit and I don't have to wipe the brush before using it, which means very few clumps.

I'll just tell you up front--the name is deceiving, because this mascara does NOT give you voluminous lashes. However, once I got past the initial disappointment, I noticed that my lashes looked very natural...only better! I love how this goes on with no clumps whatsoever, because my lashes tend to stick together which usually results in that creeptastic baby-doll look but this mascara does a great job of separating them. The formula is quite liquid-y, and it's very easy to apply although you do have to watch about getting it on your eyelid. This is my "everyday" mascara--it's perfect for daytime, and at the end of the day it comes off very easily. If you're looking for big, fake-looking lashes, don't bother with this, but if you want a nice mascara to use all the time that just makes your lashes look *better*, then you should definitely give it a try.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I mainly love that it doesn't have any stupid fuzzy wuzzies to make your lashes fuller. I just needed an elongator. Which it does quite well. There's no annoying smell, either. The brush could be better (I prefer curved brushes, anyway, and this one is straight), but then it could be worse.