no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

Dec/06/2011

This perfume is amazing. The rose scent envelops me for the entire day and it's even better when you wear it to bed. It's definitely a winter perfume, given the 'heaviness' (but not in a bad way!) of the scent.

I love the packaging - very simple, very elegant. It costs a pretty penny, but I find the quality of this perfume really does justify the 70euro price.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (122 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

Apr/02/2009

On me this is the most pure, true, fresh-plucked rose scent imaginable. I can't bear the dried-petal, pot-pourri-ish rose perfumes (all Montale smells awful on me) but I adore fresh roses -- this is the only perfume I've found that reproduces that fresh-rose scent on my skin. It doesn't last and the drydown is more of an instant disappearance, to an almost negligible, very faint …Read more

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

frommsp12

Oct/08/2004

At first whiff, Santa Maria Novella Rose appears to be the rose soliflore of yesteryear: an old-fashioned foil to modern, transparent renditions of a classic floral. Like the reviewer below, I also pick up on a touch of powdery violet, but it does not suffocate the rose in sweetness or talc. Rather, the rose accord takes an astonishly sexy turn, dark, velvety and surrounded by a forest of …Read more

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (312 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

May/30/2004

I thought this was a great rose fragrance. It had an extra kick of violets(slightly powdery in the drydown) and some type of spice that I can not identify.
It did not have the magnificent drydown or lasting power of the much raved FDTRB by Creed or my favorite 2000 et une Rose by Lancome. However it is still a worthy rose fragrance that should be seeked out by rose scent fans.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (161 reviews)

Age30-35