Lancome Tresor

Lancome Tresor

3.4

on 3/29/2017 6:44:00 PM

I loved this so much 25 years ago! I worked overtime for an entire very nasty shift just to pay for it.
    Now it is only OK. Just kind of smells like any generic perfume and rather old fashioned. Have I changed or has the fragrance changed?

on 12/13/2016 5:56:00 AM

Elegant, classy yet playful and seductive. Always reminds of my childhood back in the 90s when I used to stare at Isabella Rossellini beautiful face and hear the lovely music played at background. I'll never forget that TV commercial. I marked it one point down because it is a little too sweet for my taste.

on 11/6/2016 2:59:00 PM

This review is for the vintage Tresor edp (early '90s).
    What a splendid, mythical fragrance! A masterpiece of a top-perfumer, Sophia Grojsman (Jaipur, Eternity, Bvlgari Pour Femme...). It comes from an era when perfumes were a form of art and not sinthetic sirops. Think of Beautiful in florals, Coco in orientals, Knowing in chypres, the first DG Pour Femme (red cap); do we get such perfumes today?
    To the fragrance now: Peach, apricot,rose and vanilla are easily detectable and you find yourself wrapped in a delicious aura of warmth. Though clearly a scent of sedduction, it also has something very reassuring in it, like a beloved person‘ s hug. I know it may sound strange, but I refrain from testing the current version, I want my memories intact!

on 3/12/2016 12:38:00 AM

Tresor is a sparkling fruity apricot bomb. Very 90s! It eventually settles and becomes much softer but also much sweeter on me while still retaining sparkling, fruity notes. I really like it but I don't think I would purchase this again because, well, I am just over it. It is a very pretty, unique perfume but I found something else and I think it's time to put Tresor away--at least on hold for a long while. I'll keep my almost empty bottle for when I want to reminisce.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recall purchasing this in the late 80's / early 90's, the scent in the bottle was very intriguing ing to me. But unfortunately I just can't wear it. Something happens when it mixes with my chemistry. So sad, because I absolutely love the smell of this in the bottle. It is really beautiful, but I think there are just too many floral notes in this perfume for my body. I still give it 4 lippies for the product itself, can't fault it for not working for me.

on 12/15/2015 1:08:00 PM

received as a gift. I did not care for this at all. I find it to be overly sweet and common. nothing special. reminds me of the fragrance from the 80s called Ciara. To pretty to be pretty if that makes any sense.

on 11/28/2015 6:00:00 AM

I love this scent but it is in The Netherlands very expensive.

on 8/31/2015 7:21:00 AM

I remember trying a magazine tester strip of Tresor when I was much younger, and being absolutely captivated by the delicate fragrance. As soon as I was able to, I went to our local department store and sprayed this on my wrist. It was different than I remembered from the tester strip, more powdery, with a note I can only describe as sparkling or fizzy.

20 years later I can now appreciate Tresor for its femininity, its sweetness and soapiness. I bought the rollerball recently, which seems to have more strength than the EDP spray originally had, but it could just be that this is a reformulation. I only wear this a couple of times a year. When I do wear this I wonder why I leave it so long!

I love the enveloping warmth of the apricot and peach, well blended with the faint sandalwood and wrapped up in a delicate powdery rose. The sandalwood and amber really make an appearance after about 2 hours of being on skin.

Initially this does smell very strong, but give it a few minutes and this fragrance morphs into something I cannot stop sniffing when I apply.

It is not a fragrance for everyone. Some will think this dated and old-fashioned, but I just love the way it makes me feel feminine and has a coziness which reminds me of winter days. I will always have this fragrance in some form, even if I only wear this a few times a year. It is really lovely and very different from other, newer fragrances.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Maybe my nose is just too immature to really appreciate a perfume like Tresor. It smells very strong and very weird. I go for more sweet, smoky, musky, sexy scents and this doesnt do it for me at all. Its a fragrance I would probably wear if I were 60+ years old. When I smell this I picture an old lady that works for Mary Kay. Blah....

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Drydown is lovely ~ soft, powdery, peach and apricot with sandalwood and a very faint hint of rose. It reminds me of an expensive soap.

Tresor is warm, subtly sweet, cozy and elegant. A feminine scent. I think I will enjoy wearing this more when temps drop in late fall, and especially winter, because of its warmth.

Popular Fragrances