Lancome Tresor

Lancome Tresor

3.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well according to fragrantica, Tresor was launched in 1990. I am not sure why I thought this was an older fragrance than that. Perhaps it is it's timeless appeal; to me this is more of an old-fashioned (bordering what some may feel 'old lady perfume') fragrance.

To me, this is more for mature women, not necessarily old, but older, 30-somethings and up; bolder women, confident women, women comfortable with who they are and where they are in life. Sort of a statement fragrance, yet not too overpowering. However, I would not wear this where you would be in closed quarters with a lot of the same people for any length of time, so I do not think this is really an office safe fragrance (unless you have your own office). I just feel there are notes in this that may trigger allergies or discomfort for some. I know any fragrance can do that, but the notes in this are a bit bold, not a 'shy' fragrance.

I do not think this is a crowd-pleasing type of fragrance. It saddens me a little to see the ratings are not great for this, but I do understand that this is more of an old-time fragrance and the notes combine to either love or not love. I also understand that this can easily be lost and not appreciated in todays world of fruitcholis and heavy-sugar-bombs and is likely in general not appreciated by the masses. To each their own; I did not really appreciate this as a young girl, but now I do.

Having said all of that, I first had this apparently when this was first released back in 1990 (that year has particular significance for me, so that is why I remember when I first had this), and apparently I did not know back then that this was a 'new' scent. To me, this is a timeless classic, right up there with Guerlain's Shalimar. I did not fully appreciate this back in 1990, I think I just wanted a 'fancy, sophisticated, grown-up, confident type' of perfume, and to me, that description still fits, only now I have fallen in love with this fragrance. Fallen in love may seem silly to say, but some fellow fragrance fanatics may understand. Wear-time is all day, and you (general you) will very likely still smell this on your clothes the following day.

If you want to try a rose scent, but not too heavy on the rose, this might be worth checking out. There is also a powderiness (quite a few powder notes) to this, but my nose, which detests heavy powder notes, is not bothered by this, in fact, i think the powdery notes are blended beautifully with the other notes. Rounding this out is a slight fruitiness and subtle floral with a bare hint trace of sweetness way in the background. Just lovely. Great for the mature woman or anyone wanting something classy and sophisticated. In a world of fruitcholis and sugar-bombs of fragrances that abound lately, I have grown to appreciate this. Timeless classic. I also quite love the bottle, it is comfortable in the hand and easy for my bad wrists to spray (just a trivial bonus) and it is just a lovely classic, classy, no frills yet still beautiful design that emulates what is inside.

on 3/29/2017 6:44:00 PM

I loved this so much 25 years ago! I worked overtime for an entire very nasty shift just to pay for it.
    Now it is only OK. Just kind of smells like any generic perfume and rather old fashioned. Have I changed or has the fragrance changed?

on 12/13/2016 5:56:00 AM

Elegant, classy yet playful and seductive. Always reminds of my childhood back in the 90s when I used to stare at Isabella Rossellini beautiful face and hear the lovely music played at background. I'll never forget that TV commercial. I marked it one point down because it is a little too sweet for my taste.

on 11/6/2016 2:59:00 PM

This review is for the vintage Tresor edp (early '90s).
    What a splendid, mythical fragrance! A masterpiece of a top-perfumer, Sophia Grojsman (Jaipur, Eternity, Bvlgari Pour Femme...). It comes from an era when perfumes were a form of art and not sinthetic sirops. Think of Beautiful in florals, Coco in orientals, Knowing in chypres, the first DG Pour Femme (red cap); do we get such perfumes today?
    To the fragrance now: Peach, apricot,rose and vanilla are easily detectable and you find yourself wrapped in a delicious aura of warmth. Though clearly a scent of sedduction, it also has something very reassuring in it, like a beloved person‘ s hug. I know it may sound strange, but I refrain from testing the current version, I want my memories intact!

on 3/12/2016 12:38:00 AM

Tresor is a sparkling fruity apricot bomb. Very 90s! It eventually settles and becomes much softer but also much sweeter on me while still retaining sparkling, fruity notes. I really like it but I don't think I would purchase this again because, well, I am just over it. It is a very pretty, unique perfume but I found something else and I think it's time to put Tresor away--at least on hold for a long while. I'll keep my almost empty bottle for when I want to reminisce.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recall purchasing this in the late 80's / early 90's, the scent in the bottle was very intriguing ing to me. But unfortunately I just can't wear it. Something happens when it mixes with my chemistry. So sad, because I absolutely love the smell of this in the bottle. It is really beautiful, but I think there are just too many floral notes in this perfume for my body. I still give it 4 lippies for the product itself, can't fault it for not working for me.

on 12/15/2015 1:08:00 PM

received as a gift. I did not care for this at all. I find it to be overly sweet and common. nothing special. reminds me of the fragrance from the 80s called Ciara. To pretty to be pretty if that makes any sense.

on 11/28/2015 6:00:00 AM

I love this scent but it is in The Netherlands very expensive.

on 8/31/2015 7:21:00 AM

I remember trying a magazine tester strip of Tresor when I was much younger, and being absolutely captivated by the delicate fragrance. As soon as I was able to, I went to our local department store and sprayed this on my wrist. It was different than I remembered from the tester strip, more powdery, with a note I can only describe as sparkling or fizzy.

20 years later I can now appreciate Tresor for its femininity, its sweetness and soapiness. I bought the rollerball recently, which seems to have more strength than the EDP spray originally had, but it could just be that this is a reformulation. I only wear this a couple of times a year. When I do wear this I wonder why I leave it so long!

I love the enveloping warmth of the apricot and peach, well blended with the faint sandalwood and wrapped up in a delicate powdery rose. The sandalwood and amber really make an appearance after about 2 hours of being on skin.

Initially this does smell very strong, but give it a few minutes and this fragrance morphs into something I cannot stop sniffing when I apply.

It is not a fragrance for everyone. Some will think this dated and old-fashioned, but I just love the way it makes me feel feminine and has a coziness which reminds me of winter days. I will always have this fragrance in some form, even if I only wear this a few times a year. It is really lovely and very different from other, newer fragrances.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Maybe my nose is just too immature to really appreciate a perfume like Tresor. It smells very strong and very weird. I go for more sweet, smoky, musky, sexy scents and this doesnt do it for me at all. Its a fragrance I would probably wear if I were 60+ years old. When I smell this I picture an old lady that works for Mary Kay. Blah....

Popular Fragrances