3.4

price range

Reviews

1.0

a year ago

This is a review for the photo finish primer. Well, hardly any product gets on the brush. Doesn't make any difference in conditioning/softening my lashes. Doesn't add anything as a base before the mascara in terms of length and volume. Overall I didn't enjoy this product, thus I wouldn't recommend it.

About reviewer (89 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBlack

3 years ago

My first ever eyelash primer and I'm quite impressed. Definitely does the job of thickening them, preventing any flaking and making the mascara stay for longer. I find it works better with some mascaras than with other, and this does not depend on the quality of mascara.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrown

2.0

3 years ago

Formula too think and clumpy and after a month of use 50% of the product remains stuck in the tube : (

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

4 years ago

Although this primer does a great job at priming your lashes it will irritate the heck out of your eyes. I've been using this for several years because I did love how my lashes looked, but my eyes were always irritated and puffy. I never thought it would be this, but it took me a few years to figure it out. I kept changing concealers, eye creams, eye makeup, etc and all along it was this primer. Disappointing 'cause my lashes looked gorgeous.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

3.0

5 years ago

It's ok. It does add some volume and length. My issue with it is that it can actually clump and it stuck your lashes together. I have to get another primer that has a comb and comb through my lashes. It can be a real hassle. I don't know if I would buy it again.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

3.0

5 years ago

I wish we could write "general" / "overall" reviews. Regarding lash/mascara primers, they DO work and well! My one concern is that directions for use say to apply and then apply mascara within 30 seconds. I have tested this many times with different brands and I highly recommend that you apply the primer, apply all of your makeup, do your hair...THEN apply the mascara. I swear that people think that I am wearing false lashes! I wish I could post a pic! For extra effect, after the primer dries, apply more, let it dry THEN apply the mascara! Any brand!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

Really makes lashes appear longer. Use sparingly for everyday or double coat for dramatic evening wear

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I very much liked this primer, even better than the Lancome version. It really makes a difference with my lashes. It makes them a little more defined, smooth, and a minimizes small clumps when applying mascara. I only gave it four stars rather than five because the brush somewhat sticks the lashes together. Therefore, I use it with an independent silicone lash brush, the ones that have tiny silicone bristles, to keep my lashes completely separated. Aside from that, I think it is well-worth the investment. Also, I tried it with the Younique mascara and I think the mascara looked better than when I applied regular mascara underneath the Younique one (which is what the instructions say to do). It also works great under the MAC Studio Fix mascara.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

6 years ago

I received this as a gift and initially really liked it because it really did give my lashes noticeable length and volume. I also love that I am able to use it underneath any mascara (it works well under my BareMinerals Lash Domination in particular). However, I've had to discontinue using this lash primer because I am pretty sure it gave me styes on my eyelids. I literally had three painful itchy bumps on one eye and two on the other, and this was the only thing I've used different. If you decide to use this I would recommend making sure you try to keep it off the skin of your eyelids and thoroughly take all of it off before bed...

About reviewer (56 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

This is good stuff but it went bad quickly. I am looking for a new one currently that is cheaper. This primer really does what it says and seems to makes my lashes longer and fuller and resemble false lashes.

About reviewer (1214 reviews)

Age36-43