Bare Escentuals Well Rested

Bare Escentuals Well Rested

3.9

Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Kaolin, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Simply amazing! The most illuminating and lightest concealer I've ever used with a crazy staying power! Just remember to moisturize under your eyes very well before applying this and of course bare minerals concealer brush is a must. I've used this almost every day, sparingly, sometimes twice a day for almost a year and there is still some left, so it's worth its price. Highly recommend!

Tried it all for my undereye circles, and always come back to this one. I actually didn't even realize how dark my circles were until the first time I swiped a little of this under them. For fuller coverage, I use this over urban cc correcting and NARS concealer. For everyday, I use it alone. If they were to ever stop making this, I'd look 10 years older.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I just finished a full-size version of this powder, and I can't say that I particularly enjoyed using it. First, it's a pretty pale powder, so if you're darker than NC30, this will be difficult to use. My skin ranges from NC30-35 and I can only use this in the winter, and even then, if I put too much of it, it would look too light and cakey. Second, I start to look really cakey really easily with this. I use just a tiny bit dumped into the cap, probably a little pen tip's worth and blend it in with a Real Techniques setting brush. I find that is accentuates the dryness under my eyes, even if I have just moisturized (and let my eye cream set in!) I don't have this problem with any other powder that I put under my eyes. The packaging was an improvement on the old BM packaging, since you could slide the cover to close the holes, but sadly, this powder just didn't work for me. I prefer a smoother powder like MUFE HD powder.

on 8/29/2015 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i bought this online from the ulta website. when i received it i was surprised to see how dark it appeared in the container - i have fair skin and i was scared at first glance that it'd be darker than me. after using it today to set my nyx hd concealer under my eyes, i've come to the conclusion that it's nowhere near too dark - it's just about the perfect shade! there's a slight shimmer to this powder, which also scared me a little - shimmer on my dark circles? won't that just draw attention to them? well, fortunately, when you apply it to your skin, you can't even tell. the color was excellent and brightened up my undereye area very well, but unfortunately IT DOES CREASE! i experienced creasing within half an hour of applying. real bummer considering my much cheaper fit me powder never had that issue. i may keep using it, however, and experimenting with the amount that it begins creasing at. perhaps i'm using too much? or too little?

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this to set my concealer under my eyes, as suggested through some YouTubers. Unfortunately, I think it might be too yellow for my skin tone. I don't find myself reaching for it often for that reason, and it also tends to look a little cakey under my eyes. I have better and cheaper setting powders, so I would skip this if you were pale like me. If you were more tanned though, it might be nice!

on 7/23/2015 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried a decent sized sample of this and was able to determine that this doesn't work for me. I had hoped that since it is a yellow powder -- it would brighten my undereye area. I LOVE Mineral Veil powder and it has never settled into my lines. This product didn't do anything except for accentuate the lines under my eyes. No thanks. :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to like this. It came very highly recommended. (EmilyNoel83 anyone?) I thought I would use this as a powder to set my under-eye concealer with. It does have a good amount of coverage and the color is a nice corrective yellow, helpful for those of us with purple or blue circles. The problem, though, is that this is packed with sparkles/shimmer. The shimmer does throw a good bit of light to that area, but it makes my under-eye area look positively lizard like! All scaly and gross, and every fine line is highlighted. This is on top of my regular concealer, mind you. Ugh. I'm much better off using my favorite Smashbox Halo powder under my eyes, it makes them look smooth and airbrushed and doesn't highlight every flaw.

Did I get a bad product? No one else seems to talk about the shimmer. Maybe it looks good on younger skin and it's not as noticeable.

on 3/31/2015 11:59:00 AM

This mineral eye brightening product is easy to use.

I found that it can look cakey, if used too heavily. I also found when I applied it over my sunscreen (which can sometimes be greasy looking) that it had a really nice finish.

The yellow tone was less brightening for me, since I am already quite pale. It is almost an exactly match for my skin tone, if applied with a sheer, buffed out layer. I ended up using this all over my face on occasion, when I didn't want to bring my separate foundation.

It is good at covering dark/blue-ish tones, but less so for warm red tones.

on 3/22/2015 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This concealer is my life.

I can't believe how great this product is, it still blows my mind. It works well with the bare minerals power, but also with my liquid foundations as well! You just have to be careful to blend it out as it can look cakey if you're not careful. I don't have wrinkles but i do have slight fine lines under my eyes when i'm tired but it doesn't settle it them and keeps everything very smooth. I apply this with an old flat top eye shadow brush from NARS that i completely forgot about. Also incredibly handy if you're sporting a hangover from hell and you don't want people to know... not that that ever happens to me HA!

on 12/8/2014 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is great under my eyes. It will make you look crusty or cakey, even bring out fine lines, if you use too much. A very light layer on a big fluffy brush works well for me. It brightens a little bit, but mostly I like it because it's wonderful at hiding redness. I usually have redness around my eyes and nose. It also can conceal small breakouts and splotches on the cheeks. It is a loose powder, but feels a little more "sticky" and stays all day. REALLY! I am pleased so far and will probably be buying more when I run out...whenever that will be because it has lasted quite a while!!