Sofina Perfect UV (UV cut milk Extra Block) SPF 50 + PA +++ [DISCONTINUED]

Sofina Perfect UV (UV cut milk Extra Block) SPF 50 + PA +++ [DISCONTINUED]
Perfect UV (UV cut milk Extra Block) SPF 50 + PA +++ [DISCONTINUED]Holy GrailSofina UV

4.5

INGREDIENTS: cyclomethicone, water, dimethicone, zinc oxide, alcohol, octinoxate, glycerin, talc, polymethylsilsesquioxane, lauryl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate copolymer, polysilicone-9, PEG-12 dimethicone, PEG-3 dimethicone, methicone, titanium dioxide, aluminum hydroxide, silica, alumina , BHT (credit: Haruka)

on 12/22/2011 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It's a great sunscreen, unfortunately it's been discontinued. What is Sofina thinking?
Pros:
- It has PA+++. SPF only block UVB rays, which can cause skin-related cancers. Only PA or PD are the measures of block UVA rays, which causes skin aging and skin darkening. Don't fall for nowadays marketing scheme about high SPF will prevent aging. It's not absolutely true!
- It controls shine
- It has reasonable pricing
- It does not breakout on my skin
Cons:
- Discontinued!
- Had to buy it online

After a long search, I have found a comparable if not better alternative sunscreen, which is Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+++.

on 8/30/2011 7:58:00 PM

I LOVE Japanese sunscreens in general. They're THE BEST for oily skin and Sofina is my HG.

I was so sad when this product was discontinued. Solely because of MakeupAlley, I was able to discover the wonderful world of Japanese sunscreens. My facial skin could never tolerate facial sunscreens from the U.S. because they are very irritating to my skin and would melt off and burn and sting my eyes with the slightest bit of sweating in summer. This doesn't even feel like a sunscreen. It is not greasy and it protects very well. It is also very makeup-friendly. Thanks to the MakeupAlley Skin Board alerting me to it being discontinued, I was able to purchase several backups to use while I search for my new HG.

on 7/24/2011 8:12:00 PM

I LOVE THIS SUNSCREEN! It reminds me of the super expensive small sunscreen from Chanel (which is also 50spf) but I like this one a lot more b/c it dries faster and it works as a great primer in addition to being a great sunscreen! I don't like putting too many things on my face especially during the morning b/c 1) i simply don't have the time to; and 2) it feels heavy throughout the day!

This sunscreen is a perfect primer + sunscreen in my opinion and the finish is matte which is perfect (as i have more of an oily skin).

I bought this off of ebay for about $30 and i will continue to buy this was it is half the price of Chanel's sunscreen with more sunscreen in it!

The texture is very liquid/watery so it's super easy to spread and dries really fast.

I take this off at night along with whatever make up I have on with FANCL's cleansing oil (great cleansing oil). In the shower, I scrub this with my clarisonic and on residue is left on my brush as the cleansing oil washed off all the make up + sunscreen.

highly recommended!

on 12/5/2010 11:11:00 AM

I am one of those people who likes to wear sunscreen every day of the year no matter what I'm doing or what the weather. That being said, I have tried SO many sunscreens and this is one of only two I have found that doesn't look greasy/ break me out/ make me look pale/ look terrible under makeup/etc. This sunscreen is heavensent for daily use as it does everything you want it to, namely, the opposite of what I listed above. If this wasn't so darn expensive, I would purchase this again and again and again for my daily wear! Love this product.

on 10/28/2010 1:15:00 AM

I have very fair, easily burned skin that is also oily and break-out prone. To keep from getting burned, I've been real sun block (not the wimpy stuff in makeup/moisturizers) almost every day of my life since the time I was a teenager. The problem with sun blocks in the US, though, is that they're always so oily. This sunscreen isn't perfectly matte but it comes pretty darn close and it doesn't make me break out.

Pros: Quite matte even for oily skin, very sheer, stays put most of the day

Cons: Fairly expensive (although it lasts a long time), only available in the US through the internet

Bottom in - I've been using this product for the last 3 years and don't have any plans to change sunscreens.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

For any people out there who are struggling to find a SS that does not break you out try this one! I tried so many - L'oreal, simple, l'occitanne . . . all of them made me wake up covered in little bumps (I think they're called milia) the day after using them and made my spots much worse. As I'm a redhead SS is really important for me and this one ticks all the boxes:
high spf / pa
not greasy
does not cause break outs
can be used around eyes (even on eyelids) without stinging eyes
acts as a primer for foundation.
Just be sure to use an oil cleanser to remove in the evening to make sure you get it out of your skin and so not cause spots, but this is necessary for all SSs.
This has protected me from the sun all summer, one application in the morning seems to last all day - even on the beach in brighton. Will try this when on holiday and also try Chanel SS and update then.

EDIT: I still think this is an amazing SS as I used it in Hawaii and didn't get burnt once. However I have stopped using it as my everyday sunscreen. I stopped using this for a few weeks and found I was getting fewer spots and found when I reintroduced it my skin immediately got a bit worse again. It is still the best high-factor SS I've found and would not hesitate to use it if I'm somewhere sunny but for grey overcast england I decided to switch to something that is less work as I am not keen on oil cleansing. If you live somewhere sunny and do not mind oil cleansing then I still definitely recommend this.

on 9/4/2010 7:40:00 PM

good stuff. really inexpensive! i bought mine from beautykat, and it came in pretty quick. the product itself mattifies your skin like no other. idk about the "dryness" that everyone here talks about. it goes on gloriously with my moisturizer and my bb cream is set the whole day, and mind you I dont stop walking for about 8 hours as a nurse. Its gets quite sweaty. BUT NOT MY FACE :) everything remains in place as it should. as far as the "sunblock" properties, I cant tell you much about it because Im usually indoors. but this product is glorious!!!!!!!! does not clog my pores, does not cause my face to be extra oily/dry or anything. will definitely buy again. sure beats the crap out of my laneige sunblock :)

on 8/30/2010 2:26:00 PM

I switched to this sunscreen after Shiseido spf 55 got dc'd. I am SOOO glad I did! It blows away shiseido! It is so mattifying (but not drying), Is a great primer for under makeup and the protection is perfect for me. a PPD of 8-10. It doesnt sting my eyes at all and leaves no white cast.
I buy this at bobodave.com and have had no problems. They are pretty quick in shipping also.
I will definetly re-purchase this SS. I will probably sooner than later because now my husband is on to me and has started using it and then in turn, is also using my DHC Cleansing oil to remove it! LOL

Its really a nice, cosmetically elegant sunscreen!

on 8/26/2010 4:13:00 PM

This sunscreen is a godsend for my incredibly oily skin. Nothing I've tried has ever really controlled the oil, and the one product that worked (Cosmedicine Medi-Matte) caused me horrible cystic pimples. This sunscreen gives my skin a nice matte look and hasn't broken me out at all. I love that I can use it as a substitute for a primer as I hate to put loads of products on my face. I only have to blot my face 1-2x a day, which is a huge improvement from my usually hourly blot (ugh!). I wish this was sold at a b&m store, but it works so well that I don't mind the hassle of online ordering.