Sephora SuperStars - Super Supreme Body Butter

4.3

on 5/3/2017 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

As others have noted, this has a very noticeable scent. On me it smelled a bit like chemical sunscreen. It's not pleasant and it's very artificial. The body butter itself does absorb and is moisturizing (although not the most I've ever tried) without being greasy, but I just can't get past the smell and I suspect that longterm that level of fragrance would not be great for the (presumably dry) skin you're trying to hydrate.

on 12/27/2014 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a very hydrating product that doesn't feel sticky at all. It sinks into your skin nicely. However, It kind of smells like...glue? It's not a good smell. The smell does dissipate fairly quickly; however, it makes it less than pleasant to put on. As a result, I probably wouldn't buy again.

on 8/19/2012 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This review is for the Sephora body butter product being sold in mid-2012. It no longer says Super Stars on it, just Super Supreme Body Butter, so I suspect they may have changed the formula recently. Despite that silicones are down on the list of ingredients, it seems that this body butter is full of silicones. It goes on smoothly and dries very quickly within about 5 minutes, leaving the sensation of dryness and silicones all over the skin. Smooth yes, natural no, nourished no, moist no. It's not like the TBS or Bliss body butters that are very emollient and stay that way for a much longer time. Just depends on what you're looking for I guess, but I wasn't expecting the silicone feel and didn't care for it. Big honking jar, just under 16 oz, which would actually be luxurious if the product had been more richly emollient. Wish I'd saved my money and gotten TBS or Bliss instead.

on 8/29/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I used a sample of this. People like the scent? I couldn't get past it. It was chemical-y, like the scent equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. The scent was so off-putting to me that I couldn't even get to whether or not this was a good body butter.

on 3/6/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This body butter moisturizes really really well. One thing that drives me crazy about most body butters (body shop included) is that they leave a greasy residue; this one absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. Works great on my feet too, which, since having my daughter last year, are especially dry.
My only minor complaint is the fragrance, it's kind of odd. I can't really put my finger on it. Fortunately the scent is very short-lived, and within an hour of applying, I can no longer smell it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It's rich, hydrating, and smells wonderful. I love slathering this on after shower or a long bath. It's very thick, but spreads easily on my skin. On application, it's a bit sticky but it absorbs quickly. Because it's so big, it will last for a long time. Keeps me hydrated but not sticky or funky. The butter smells divine. It dries into the skin quickly, is not oily and the divine smell I mentioned could be described as light and clean "shower" scent. It's quite fresh. It doesnt contain nasty stuff such as parabens or sulphates. This Super Supreme Body Butter is definitely on my Sephora shopping list. I bought 2 tub of 470ml size; one for home and one for office. I've had mine for over 2 months (home tub opened on 5/12/2013 during my birthday), and I still have tub left at home, which is a surprise considering I moisturize every morning after shower and at night before going to bed. Considering that I am quite generous with my application due to my dry skin condition on my legs and arms. It's super emollient and goes a long way (due to the thick texture). The tub is two times the size of most of my other body butters (Bodyshop & Victoria Secret), and for the same price of MYR83.00 per tub here I consider it a good buy. Definitely one of my favourites!

on 8/15/2011 7:54:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This leaves my skin absolutely silky and smooth. 'Nuff said! ....Well okay, maybe one more thing, the smell isn't for everyone, but if you do like the smell, you'll probably love this lotion. It is seriously moisturizing. I do scoop some out into a smaller container for daily use because the tub is humongous. I love this stuff.

on 1/20/2012 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is the best body butter I've ever tried! I received a sample and used on my feet during the summer. It was amazing. Every morning my feet were silky soft. When winter came I bought the whole tub, which is huge. I've been using it all over and love it. It sinks in & my skin hasn't been dry all winter. As for the scent.. to me it smells like a clean cologne my husband would wear. It goes away quickly and doesn't compete with my perfume. Only thing that would make this better would be to have an unscented version along with this.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I typically use extra virgin coconut oil to moisturize my skin. However, in the winter I need an alternative that doesn't require me to melt it given coconut oil turns solid when it gets cold. I visited Sephora and the SA and customers raved about this product. I decided to give it a try and I have to say that it really is a great body butter. I love the feel and smell of The Body Shop butters but after using a few days my skin feels dry and I have to switch up my moisturizer. That is not the case with his product. My skin is silky smooth until I shower again. I wil definitely be using this during the winter months and when I don't have enough time to melt my coconut oil.

on 7/4/2011 1:45:00 AM

What a value! I don't make it to my Sephora store very often, so ordering online tends to be hit or miss. (Their return policy beats all bar none). The tub is huge. To complain about it for sanitation reasons is petty. I wouldn't want a pump for something so rich and thick. The scent was what inhibited me for the longest time. Some reviews call it "lemony" and to others it's "musky". If I put it on at night it seeps in well and doesn't rub off too bad. To ME, in the morning it smells like a mix of Armani code for men and women, so I love it.

Popular Lotions / Creams