4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

My favorite exfoliating product ever. Really efficient but doesn’t feel like walnut scrubs i.e. doesn’t feel like it’s lacerating my skin. Expensive but worth it! I didn’t realize how much it helped my skin look bright and even in texture/tone until I ran out and didn’t re-purchase for a while.. Finally re-upped and it has restored my skin a LOT! PS. Used it towards the end of my Accutane treatment and it was still gentle enough! (And before anyone yells at me for doing this, my experience w/ Accutane was unique in that it was easy! My skin didn’t get toooo dry or sensitive).

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

I love the way this smells. My skin feels great afterwards. I got a small tube 1.7 oz half price at Ulta and it was still expensive. So I would buy it again only if I found it discounted again. When I use it, I don't get my face too wet because then the cleanser will just disappear. My face does feel tight afterwards but it's a good tight. And very smooth.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

1.0

2 years ago

The product doesn't live up to its name of One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser!!! First, it's not enough to wash off makeup, so I always need to use another cleanser to completely wash off makeup. Second, the exfoliating is not gentle either! The beads are as hard and large, and it stings my somewhat sensitive skin. Finally, I can never use this product with my eyes open because no matter what it gets near my eye area and stings, very...much..

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBrown

3 years ago

Love this product so much, the smell is refreshing, really wakes me up in the morning. And I can easily use this two times daily with no breakouts, dryness or irratation . It removes makeup well with a double cleanse. the best thing about clarins is their staff are so helpful, and actually know what they are talking about. As long as you are honest about your skin to them they will really find the best products for you! This is a great scrub, I was using clinique pep start scrub, which was half the price. But I would definitely prefer clarins.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

3 years ago

This works very well for my dry skin. The packaging is nice, you can see how much product is left and you have absolute control over how much is being squeeze out. The smell is quite citric fruity-ish and like some have said maybe the smell of toilet cleanser. However the scrub itself is fabulous. The beads are very gentle, they aren't soft yet not harsh on my skin, I can feel them on my face and I can rub them on without worrying that it hurts my skin. Although I still do it very gently since my skin is dry, I massage it on my face for a good one minute and wash off with luke warm water. My face would be soft and smooth right off, without feeling being stretched which often happens when your cleanser is too drying. And after two months of use I can assure you- this really cleans my pores. My small blackheads emerging on my cheeks just disappeared after one wash; before this I've been squeezing the big ones out but with this cleanser they just come off effortlessly. A small finger tip amount would definitely be enough if you have the patience to massage it for a minute. Absolute favorite

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I've used this regularly for 10+ years. It is my easy go to cleanser I use in the shower. It's not abrasive and only a slight exfoliant. I don't not do heavy exfoliation except for once a week. Most nights I either use my clairisonic or this cleanser, depending on how intensively I need to cleanse my face. Love this!

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

3.0

4 years ago

This cleanser smells very pleasant, and is very mild. It doesn't really feel like it's exfoliating well though. I don't dislike it, but it feels more like a normal cleanser than a scrub.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

4 years ago

A great, multi-purpose cleanser! The granules are very fine and rinse easily, nice foamy lather. Skin feels clean and "bouncy", and it smells like fresh melon/apricots. Long-lasting for the price and the tube travels well.

About reviewer (129 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

4 years ago

This really really is a gentle exfoliater it feels very nice though and smells like lemonish

About reviewer (153 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

5 years ago

I am a huge fan of this product but I use it as a deep cleanser after using my Clarins Cleansing Milk, rather than as an exfoliator. The exfoliating beads in this don't feel quite enough to be my only exfoliation and don't seem to buff away any dry patches etc, but I was taught that we should do two cleanses when removing makeup in the evenings and feel like this is the perfect product for the second "deep" cleanse as it really gives the skin a clean feeling. If you are buying for a deep cleanser then this is a fab product for you, but if you are looking for a gritty exfoliator I would recommend the Clarins Gentle Refiner instead.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29