LUSH Aqua Marina Cleansing Roll

LUSH Aqua Marina Cleansing Roll

3.7

* Glycerine, * Calamine Powder, * Kaolin, * Irish Moss Infusion (Chondrus crispus), * Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), * Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), * Nori Seaweed (Fucus vesiculosus), * Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), * Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), * Carrageenan, * Perfume.

on 5/10/2016 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a very gentle, soothing, non-drying and all-around nice-to-the-skin cleanser. It comes in one of those black lush tubs (which you can return for a fresh facemask once you have 5 empties), and you just pinch off a little bit of the roll and mix it with water in your hand. It's can be a little hard to mix with water into a paste, but I find that if you've wet your face beforehand any "clumps" will further mix with the water when you work it into the skin. It's not the best at removing makeup, so unless you're wearing just a small amount you'll probably need to remove that with another cleanser/makeup remover before.

What tips the scale for me and makes me not want to repurchase this is the smell. Objectively I'd describe it at very sea water-ish, with more than a hint of seaweed. Personally though, I'm thinking more along the lines of fish. That's starting to go off. I felt that way from the start, but then I hit a point where I felt relatively okay with the scent after using it for a while. Then it took a turn for the worse again (possibly because it wasn't as fresh anymore?) and I couldn't smell it without my gag reflex making itself known.

As a gentle cleanser I'll give it 3 or 4 out of 5 (maybe don't expect miracles out of it, but you might want to try it if you have angry-looking and/or angry-feeling skin). The smell get a 0.5 out of 5. If that.

So when I first heard about Lush, I was dying to try their products. I really enjoyed Aqua Marina. It didn't create new pimples, but didn't really change much. I have clear skin and sometimes get a few pimples here and there.
Aqua Marina didn't really reduce blemishes, or reduce my pore size, or really do anything significant. it really is there for sensitive skin that requires light or minimal exfoliation.
My skin is DRY and SENSITIVE. But, surprisingly, my skin DOES crave that frequent exfoliation.
I Like using this here and there, but its not my top 5 product.
Definitely recommend to use this if you have sensitive skin. This was great for me while it lasted, but it didn't exfoliate enough :)

To Read all 277 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/21/2016 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin LOVES this cleansing roll. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone, rash-prone skin with rosacea and this cleanser calms it so well. I first tried Angels on Bare Skin on the advice of a Sales associate, but I found it too harsh and it made my skin rashy. I do have to say, I had a hard time figuring out how to use this in the beginning. You can't just scoop it out of the jar and slather it on or it's VERY hard to remove. It clings to the skin and creates a pink, sludgy film that you can scrape off with your fingernail. No, you have to mix this with water to create a thin, runny consistency. Once you have the technique down, it's easy! I also adore the smell of this. When I first tried it, the smell was almost overwhelming, but I've grown to love it. It's actually comforting to me now. I'm currently testing a few other LUSH cleansers, but this one is my favorite so far and I will probably settle with it at the end of my experimental phase!
UPDATE 6/4/16:
Since writing this review, I've also tried Dark Angels, Fresh Farmacy & Coalface. I don't like ANY of them. I'm back to Aqua Marina for good! 🙂

I really like this cleanser. I use it twice a day. My skin feels great and I have not bfoen out since I started using this.

I'm fair skinned and have had skin problems for as long as I can remember. My skin is extremely sensitive and would get easily irritated. My skin is oily/acne prone. I've tried drugstore cleansers, proactiv, and some clinique cleansers, but they have never worked for me. My skin would get extremely irritated, itchy, and sore. I tried aqua marina and this has been my go to cleanser since.(whenever I can afford it). I love the smell of it so much. It does a pretty good job of keeping my acne at bay and it tones down the redness of my skin. I'm not sure if they've changed the formula to it but its alot easier to make a paste with and isn't as squishy. I use it once a day in the morning, and as a mask sometimes. I have a Michael Todd Soniclear device and I do not recommend using it with this cleanser because of the matte element in the calamine makes it feel a bit harsh. But other than that I have no complaints about this product. I pair it with Lush's Eau Roma Water and their Imperialis Moisturizer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product twice already and this is probably one of my favourite products from Lush. I really love the calming smell, although some people thinks it stinks.

Was contemplating between Angels on Bare Skin or Herbalism due to raving reviews, however, my assistant recommended me to check out Aqua Marina and I'm so glad she did. The texture is a lot more pasty out of the pot, as compared to the crumbly Angels. Although she told me that there is actually no need to add water since its already quite pasty on its own, I still did for the first few days, since that's what it said on the instructions. Didn't really like it since I feel like I'm not applying anything. Heeded her advice and it was sooo much better. It smells a bit like Rose powder, even though there is no rose in there. There is calamine that calms redness, so that might account for the powdery smell.

To be honest, it was a bit hard to use at first, since I'm used to convenience out of a tube. I've also learnt that for Lush products, a little goes a long way. So I just use a pinch, and then start mushing it out on the palm of my hand, then smearing it on my face. I feel that this product is better for people with oily skin, and can be a bit too drying for dry skin. Will repurchase also, since I love the smell, and it doesn't break me out.

This is a staple for me . It's gentle and if used in the right amount ,not drying. I have normal/combination skin and i love using this cleanser ,it's fun and a bit gimmicky (the seaweed doesn't dissolve or anything) but I find it effective ,as long as you remove your makeup beforehand .

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have repurchased this around 4 times. I really like this cleanser, one of my fave products from LUSH.

Pros:
- great for oily skin!
- I like the smell, it reminds me of the sea.
- affordable, considering it lasts me a few months.
- a great morning cleanser. Wakes me up.
- I have found other LUSH cleansers to be abrasive, or to have ingredients in them like pieces of lavender which feel like they scratch your face. This cleanser has nothing in it which is abrasive - great if your skin is sensitive like mine.

Cons:
- I am not really keen on the bits of seaweed in the cleanser.
- would not recommend for dry skin as it will dry you out further. I am not overly dry (oily/combination) but this cleanser does make any dry areas a tiny bit worse.
- I know this is a solid cleanser so it is logical to put it in a jar. But I personally prefer my cleanser to have sanitary packaging, such as having a pump or the cleanser being in a tube which you squeeze the product out.

on 1/28/2016 5:30:00 AM

This was a nice, gentle cleanser which I used in the morning, it leaves my face clean but not stripped of moisture - although my skin has a slightly weird rubbery feel to it after I rinsed it off. What I found not so pleasant is that the use is quite messy - scooping the right amount out of the tub is kind of an art, and also, spreading it evenly over the skin is something I had to practice for a while. My tub is now empty, and I won´t really miss it.

on 12/16/2015 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have very sensitive skin. If I use any cleanser I instantly get red all over my cheeks. My skin is very picky and I could only use "calming" products. I'm in love with LUSH. I've tried multiple cleansers. But, hands down Aqua Marina is by far my favorite. If you get red easily you definitely need to use this cleanser. It's so gentle and I always wake up with the softest skin. I love that it's pink and there's seaweed in it throughout the roll. This is definitely a must try product. I haven't had any issues. My skin doesn't break out. Just the casual hormonal acne each month but it's very minimal. This product is so gentle and doesn't cause acne. 10/10