LUSH Aqua Marina Cleansing Roll

LUSH Aqua Marina Cleansing Roll
Aqua Marina Cleansing RollNo Title

3.7

* Glycerine, * Calamine Powder, * Kaolin, * Irish Moss Infusion (Chondrus crispus), * Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), * Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), * Nori Seaweed (Fucus vesiculosus), * Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), * Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), * Carrageenan, * Perfume.

I decided to purchase this cleanser after a Lush employee demoed it on my hand. I loved the way it made my skin feel. I thought it was kind of pricey though. This is the first solid cleanser I've ever used so I was intrigued. I enjoyed the texture but punching off pieces to use was annoying because there was no way to control grabbing the same amount every time. It was also inconvenient to have to mix it with water. Sometimes i'd grab too much product and it would be way too thick. Other times I used too much water and it was too thin and did nothing. I honestly didn't see any effects positive or negative. This product is just too expensive and inconvenient for my personal needs and I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love everything about this cleanser! I have been using it every morning and I honestly look forward to using it. I wasn't crazy about the scent at first because it's definitely seaweed-y but it doesn't bother me anymore. This makes my sensitive, combo oily skin look and feel amazing. It takes away any of my redness, shrinks down my existing blemishes, and gives a really beautiful soft matte appearance to my skin. I often feel like I don't need to wear any makeup at all when I use this. I would recommend using a toner with a cotton round afterwards because it does leave a slight residue that will ball up under makeup if you don't. Seriously though, this cleanser is incredible and I'm so glad I decided to try it. I have been thoroughly impressed with Lush skincare.

I was looking for a soothing gentle cleanser with no exfoliants- and this hits the nail on the head! I feel like I should address a few of the things discussed in most reviews for this product. #1, the smell. To me it doesn't smell like sea water or fishy. It smells like perfume and it is the only thing that I do not like about the product. If this product didn't have the added fragrance it would be perfect. #2, this is not meant to be a makeup remover, so definitely remove any makeup before using this. #3, I've read many reviews complaining about this leaving a film on the face after washing off- If you use it right and mix it with water this is not an issue. I will update if anything changes but so far the only complaint I have is the added fragrance.

So being a huge fan of lush and natural products, it pains me to write this awful review. I was on birth control the same time as using this cleanser (for over a year) and always thought my chin acne was hormonal because of the pill. Long story short, once off the pill I still had chin acne. I was using a whole skin regime lush gave me and ugh my acne wasn't going away, sometimes seemed worse than other times. Diet was awesome, always hydrating and eating fruits and veggies. I decided one day to stop using lush just to see... and I shit you not, my chin acne became clearer than it ever was while using lush. So moral of this is no matter how "natural" their products claim to be, do yourself a favour and refrain from buying it because it could be the contributor to your acne.

on 10/18/2016 1:05:00 AM

In a nutshell, I like this cleanser because of its smell, texture and color. I am using this one and Angel on bare skin at the same time. Yeah I know it sounds crazy two use 2 cleansers at once but it does make my skin flawless and glowing. I first use AOBS as the main cleanser then after drying ma face, I use a small pinch of Aqua Marine paste without mixing it water and massage all over my dry face then wash with cold water. It helps me get rid of the dry feeling after using AOBS. This is pretty light cleanser so it works if you have combination skin and just want something light, also doesn't dehydrate your skin.

on 10/7/2016 2:30:00 PM

Did not like what it did for my skin...
SO COSTLY
VERY LITTLE PRODUCT FOR PRICE

Prefer other daily facial cleanser listed in the vid.

I bought this last week and have been using it in the shower all over my face and body. I use my Luna Mini with it in the morning. I LOVE the smell. Lush is so great because you can smell the products first and even try them in store before you buy them. I was looking for a basic cleanser for the morning, and this is it. It is very gentle and easy to mix. A little goes a long way. I can leave it in the shower in the tub which is a huge bonus. I will see how I do after I finish, but I think I will likely buy it again.

on 5/10/2016 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a very gentle, soothing, non-drying and all-around nice-to-the-skin cleanser. It comes in one of those black lush tubs (which you can return for a fresh facemask once you have 5 empties), and you just pinch off a little bit of the roll and mix it with water in your hand. It's can be a little hard to mix with water into a paste, but I find that if you've wet your face beforehand any "clumps" will further mix with the water when you work it into the skin. It's not the best at removing makeup, so unless you're wearing just a small amount you'll probably need to remove that with another cleanser/makeup remover before.

What tips the scale for me and makes me not want to repurchase this is the smell. Objectively I'd describe it at very sea water-ish, with more than a hint of seaweed. Personally though, I'm thinking more along the lines of fish. That's starting to go off. I felt that way from the start, but then I hit a point where I felt relatively okay with the scent after using it for a while. Then it took a turn for the worse again (possibly because it wasn't as fresh anymore?) and I couldn't smell it without my gag reflex making itself known.

As a gentle cleanser I'll give it 3 or 4 out of 5 (maybe don't expect miracles out of it, but you might want to try it if you have angry-looking and/or angry-feeling skin). The smell get a 0.5 out of 5. If that.

So when I first heard about Lush, I was dying to try their products. I really enjoyed Aqua Marina. It didn't create new pimples, but didn't really change much. I have clear skin and sometimes get a few pimples here and there.
Aqua Marina didn't really reduce blemishes, or reduce my pore size, or really do anything significant. it really is there for sensitive skin that requires light or minimal exfoliation.
My skin is DRY and SENSITIVE. But, surprisingly, my skin DOES crave that frequent exfoliation.
I Like using this here and there, but its not my top 5 product.
Definitely recommend to use this if you have sensitive skin. This was great for me while it lasted, but it didn't exfoliate enough :)

on 4/21/2016 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My skin LOVES this cleansing roll. I have extremely sensitive, acne-prone, rash-prone skin with rosacea and this cleanser calms it so well. I first tried Angels on Bare Skin on the advice of a Sales associate, but I found it too harsh and it made my skin rashy. I do have to say, I had a hard time figuring out how to use this in the beginning. You can't just scoop it out of the jar and slather it on or it's VERY hard to remove. It clings to the skin and creates a pink, sludgy film that you can scrape off with your fingernail. No, you have to mix this with water to create a thin, runny consistency. Once you have the technique down, it's easy! I also adore the smell of this. When I first tried it, the smell was almost overwhelming, but I've grown to love it. It's actually comforting to me now. I'm currently testing a few other LUSH cleansers, but this one is my favorite so far and I will probably settle with it at the end of my experimental phase!
UPDATE 6/4/16:
Since writing this review, I've also tried Dark Angels, Fresh Farmacy & Coalface. I don't like ANY of them. I'm back to Aqua Marina for good! 🙂
UPDATE 11/2/16:
I had to bump this up to 5 lippies! It's so soothing to my finicky skin and seems to be the only cleanser that doesn't turn me bright red. I love it!