Mary Kay Acne Treatment Gel

Mary Kay Acne Treatment Gel
Acne Treatment GelAcne Treatment GelAcne Treatment Gel

4.2

Benzoyl Peroxide (5%), Other: Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Butylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Carbomer, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium Edta, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Isobutylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Poloxamer 182, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Silica, Sodium Hydroxide, Water

on 9/16/2016 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This gel is a hidden gem, apparently. Works ALOT better than say Clearasil, which does not work for me at all and occasionally makes things worse. I use this on any new blemishes and also use a very thin film of it on my chin and forehead to control oil...just an occasional overnight routine. What I like about it is that it dries completely clear and smooth, so it can even be used under makeup. The other thing this does is helps get rid of cold sores! MK has changed the packaging, so does not look like either picture provided, but it is 5% BP. Really a great product.

on 2/15/2016 8:39:00 PM

This product turned the area where it was applied blood red within 2 minutes of it being on my face and burns/stings from the time I put it on to putting cold water on my face. I do not have sensitive skin and I am not allergic to any ingredient in this product. This is my first time using it and will be my last. Only other time my face has been like this was when I contracted strep but this causes me more pain than strep did 👎

on 3/27/2013 5:54:00 PM

I think this product is perfect for those with isolated breakouts. I personally do not get full face breakouts but I'll get clusters from time to time so spot treatment works best. This works great! I am able to spot treat and my breakouts take a few days vs a week or more to heal. Also in the past I've avoided benzsoyl anything because previouse products have over dried my skin, however this does not. Great value seeing you get an ounce of product vs .35 oz with origins similar product.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This by far is one of Mary Kay's best products. But has been discontinued. There is a new product from Mary Kay in the Clear Proof line that has 5% benzoyl peroxide in it just like this one that has been discontinued. Benzoyl peroxide is effective at killing the bacteria that causes acne, however, Benzoyl peroxide is not very good at clearing out the clogged pores, or black and white heads. Here's a special tip: If you have very oily skin, or acne prone skin, in addition to using benzoyl peroxide, you need something to clean out your clogged pores, and I strongly suggest a 2% salicylic acid product that you leave on over night and find one that doesn't have a lot of alcohol in it. Mary Kay's 2% salicylic acid gel called "Clear Proof Pore Purifying Serum" is a great choice and should work just fine.

GREAT stuff, gentle, doesn't dry skin out too much but helps fast. I have acne on my face and shoulders, have had since i was about 13 (im 27 now), im glad i finally found something that helps. Even though it wont help get rid of my acne all together, at least it helps getting rid of the pimples when they appear. Bought it on Ebay for 7 bucks, will definitely buy again when i run out!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

For me, this product is a GOD-SEND. I have oily skin except where my cheeks get slightly dry in the winter or after harsh products. I got this from a close family friend, so close in fact that i got it for 1/2 off. It seriously fixes spots OVERNIGHT. It is not overly drying, but the 5% benzyl peroxide works so well. I do not like that I have to order it, but the product's performance totally makes up for it. Absolutely will repurchase. <3

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this little cream. I doesn't work if you have really bad acne. If only works for people like me that only have a little pimple here and there. You just but it on the pimple overnight and most likely the next morning it will be gone.

After hearing so many great reviews, I thought this would be a great product to try. I bought the face wash, toner, this product, and face lotion. This didn't help AT ALL. My acne got worse. I strongly regret ever using this becuase now I have to get my skin back under control again.

on 12/24/2011 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have used this product since I was 12, and I'm 17 now. I have tried SO many different acne gels/medications/creams and have never found anything that works like this. I would have terrible, cystic acne without Mary Kay. I use this with the blemish control toner, and my face is flawless!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've always had a love/hate relationship with acne treatments. They either don't work or they DO work but dry your face out. A friend of mine recommended this to me and I'm really happy with it! It's not expensive and you get a lot. This tube will last you a long time. I use it on any breakouts I have and feel that it really speeds healing. My skin is sensitive and this doesn't irritate it one bit. No redness, no tightness, no dry flaky skin. It almost feels so gentle that you think it won't work...but then it does! This is one of my skin care staples and I hope MK always makes it.