Olay Total Effects 7x with VitaNiacin

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

4.4

I bought this about a year ago at costco. I use it almost every day unless I forget. I put it on every morning after I wash my face. It has a very faint fragrance to it and its actually a nice smell.
Now I do feel that its a bit heavy and greasy feeling in the summer. I ended up not using it very much. I use it all the time under my makeup.
The bottle is good in that it has a pump which I prefer over tubs. I have about a month worth left. I'm thinking I might be buying it again unless I can find something better from Clinique.
UPDATE:
I finished the bottle but the last week I noticed that every time I put it on my face, my eyes got very irritated. Not sure if I will buy this again.

on 1/6/2007 5:46:00 AM

No matter what I try, from Creme de la Mer to the cheapest stuff.....nothing works for me like the ol' Total Effects. I have combination skin. This is a cream that is creamy and full, but will be absorbed immmediately and leave my skin soft, glowing and with a nice smell. I've been using it on and off since it's been introduced. I keep coming back to it, because nothing works as well for me as this Olay cream.

on 9/15/2006 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this moisturizer. It seems that it not only moisturizes well, but it improves my skin. I've been using this all summer, and it keeps my dry skin happy and glowing. An added bonus is the packaging, I love the pump dispenser. And the scent is really good too.

on 6/8/2006 8:16:00 AM

So far so good! Hasn't broken me out, smells pleasant, feels nice on my skin, and seems to be helping to minimize fine lines and pores. Next time I would like to try the formula w/sunscreen.

on 2/25/2006 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Feels nice, smells nice. It does not seem to produce the wonders that the price and hype implies. If the price drops, I'd consider using this more often. mostly because it feels great and doesn't irritate my skin.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This has been my winter moisturizer for about three years now. I had pretty bad acne at the time, but at my MIL's (she still gets zits at 58) urging I tried Total Effects. It was my first "Oil of Old Lady" product and I was scared to put it on my zitty face but I'm glad I got over my fear. I was surprised to find that it wasn't greasy as I feared, but soaked right into my oily skin. After a brief purging-type reaction my skin cleared dramatically and the tone/texture improved greatly. So far it is the ONLY drugstore or high-end moisturizer that hasn't broken me out. I'm not sure what it is about Olay's products, but they did what two rounds of Accutane and countless prescription acne meds couldn't. I would highly recommend that others with acne problems try this moisturizer. Don't be too put off by the "I'm paying HOW MUCH for a drugstore product?" price as my bottles last me two winters at a clip because a little goes a loooong way. This probably would not provide enough moisture for dry skins though, due to its lightness.

on 3/19/2005 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a free sample from olay.com. While I haven't identified anything awful about this product, I haven't noticed anything special about it either. I've worn it under makeup as a moisturizer/SPF, and the only thing I can really say about it is that it really smells like suncreen ... Not something I want on a winter morning getting ready for work.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've repurchased this several times. It's hard to find this particular one -- the one with UV is fragrance free but I like this one without because it has the fragrance. My husband even likes the fragrance and he's so picky.

Anyway, I had oily skin which then went combo and now is on the normal/dry side -- still though I am plagued with blackheads on my nose.

This moisturizer does not aggravate my oily spots and sufficiently moisturizes the drier areas. Plus, with the vitamins in it my skin really seems to be fed, as it glows much more after using this.