Olay Total Effects 7x with VitaNiacin

No Image

3.7

on 11/11/2011 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

NO NO NO! This stuff really irritated my skin, had to stop using & return it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This review is for Olay's Total Effects 7x Visible Anti-Aging Vitamin Complex with VitaNiacin (the regular version) . I'm 30 yo, combo/oily and somewhat acne-prone skin --- A few weeks ago I was at Wal-Mart looking for a daytime moisturizer to use under my sunblock and make-up, then a SA approached me and gave me a sample of this product. To be honest, I've never been attracted to Olay stuff, don't ask me why, I don't even know LOL. I remember using their original beauty fluid back then when I was 14! That was the first and last time I used an Olay product. So I came back home without buying anything but very happy w/ my sample, I figured out why not, my mom told me my sister was using this and very pleased with the results (she's 26, normal/combo skin).
Ok, I started applying this day and night to test it out and OMG! The next morning after using this I was really surprised at how smooth and soft my skin was, it's been a long time since I felt my skin like this! The cream is light-weight, fast-absorbing, non-greasy, hydrating and didn't make me wake up w/ an oil slick on my face like I always do! Then, I tried to use it under my sunblock and make-up and surprise again! It helped my sunblock to be absorbed into my skin more quickly than usually and (the big plus!) kept me oil-free for more hours during the day, yay! I had to blot a lot less, and my blotting paper didn't look super dirty after using it, actually I dare to say that my skin looked more glowing than oily/shiny throughout the day! That also kept my make-up looking fresh for hours and hours. Another positive thing is that my foundation went on like a dream, which makes me think that it also works as a primer.
Well, the sample lasted like 10 days and every morning I liked to touch my skin to be sure that this product was really working, even my husband noticed that! It didn't cause me any breakouts either. Needless to say, I literally run to the store to buy the full size product and also bought the night cream and serum (I'll write a review for them later), which is rare coming from me, I usually don't buy treatment sets/kits, because I like to experiment and try different brands, but really, I was blown away with the results that I wanted to try more stuff from the line.
I've been using the 3 things for over a month now and I'm still very very happy w/ this finding, my skin's texture is so much better and my fine lines are starting to fade, like if my skin had been 'plumped'. I don't have real wrinkles yet, I'm 30 years old but I can see my skin doesn't look like when I was 20 anymore, but these products are helping a lot to recover that lost youthful-looking skin. Bottom line, my face, neck and chest are loving these products and I'm gonna be repurchasing as long as Olay keeps making them :-) continued >>

on 5/30/2007 5:57:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff. I use it as a night and eye cream (I'm 31, plus I don't see the point in a separate eye product) and wake up with soft, better looking skin. Doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out at all. Has a somewhat strong scent but it's pleasant (not like ROC). Every time I get seduced by some new sexy cream (latest being the Aveeno Ageless cream with mushroom extract or whatever it is), I always regret my wandering ways. Damn Aveeno left my skin with little weird red bumps -- almost like zits, but they didn't hurt. Stupid! So back it is to Total Effects. When I was in my 20's, I used to switch back and forth b/w Olay and Neutrogena. I don't know if my skin is getting drier as I get older, but I find that Neutrogena has become much more irritating to my skin nowadays. So I basically don't use any Neutrogena products anymore and stick with Olay, which gets the job done and at a good price (plus I can buy this from Costco).

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this on a recommendation from Dr. Baumann's book. She lists is as an anti-inflammatory. I would have never thought to buy it on my own for that- but so far, I love it! It does cut the redness. I tried an experiement and put it on one half of my face before bed, and when I woke up that side was clearly less red. Will continue to use.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I have combo/ance prone skin. I decided to try it because my mom purchased some and she said that it made her lines smoother and I could see the difference as well. And she said that it didn't break her out. Well I purchaced the fragrance-free one and it does make my skin smooth, but a bit greasy. I read in a magazine that serums work better on people with oily skin. I may try the Total Effects 7 Signs Serum.

I received a large sample of this with my moisturizer and am not entirely sure what it's supposed to accomplish, but it does seem to even out my skin and reduce my gigantic pores a little. I generally use it in the evening after the Olay cleanser. Sometimes I need to also use a dab of moisturizer, sometimes not. The fragrance is quite strong and not too nice. Not sure if I'll buy more when the sample runs out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Mine says Total Effects with VitaNiacin Moisturising vitamin complex. I had a couple of samples lying around, and I'm usually lazy to put a separate moisturizer and treatment at night, so I gave this a try. It says this will replace a moisturizer and treatment at the same time. Sounds convinient, right? Well, this does not moisturize my combination skin enough and didn't see any skin benefits. After several days of using it, it actually broke me out. I tried another sample after a month, but still the same result. I'm glad that I did not shell out money buying the full size.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got a sample of it years ago when it first launched. I thought it's a great product, but I was simply too busy with other products so I didn't bother to purchase. Because of the effect of a cold, dry winter, yesterday I decided to get myself a cheap but real moisturizer. So I ran into the pharmacy and picked a bottle of Total Effects. It feels as great as years ago, not greasy, moisturizing my skin just right. I'm not too sure if my oily skin can still stand this in spring/summer, but this moisturizer really beats the other high-end ones. I would treat this as a substitute for SKII advanced signs treatment. It's basically the same thing, but taking out the Pitera. This can form a perfect routine with SKII Facial Treatment Essence and Whitening Source (which I'm currently using). It's just a matter of mix and match...

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this moisturizer. I received it as a sample in the mail awhile ago and loved the immediate results I saw. When I saw it in the store and looked at the price I held back on purchasing it.

I gave in recently and purchased it and it is well worth the price. The results are immediate I mean I noticed a difference as soon as it was applied and I love the scent!

I plan to keep this as my staple night time moisturizer. I have oily skin and this products suits it fine and enhances my skins clarity.