Olay Total Effects 7x with VitaNiacin

3.5

on 5/26/2009 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This review is for the UV version of this product. I was going to wait a month before I reviewed this product, but I was so excited I couldn't wait that long. I have been using this for a week and I'm positive it's taken a year off my face. I am 26 with dry, sensitive, pigmented skin (pale skin and australian sun = freckles!). I recently took a trip to Thailand and the sun there absolutely ruined my skin, I came back with fine lines under my eyes and even worse uneven skin tone. I am also starting to get broken capillaries on my cheeks, which are noticeable due to my pale skin. Anyway, this product has been great. Not the best I have tried in the moisturising department for my dry skin, but once I paired it with a creamy cleanser (A'kin) it was perfect. After a week I have noticed the lines under my eyes disappearing, and the skin appears plumper. My cheeks are smoother and fuller, and my skin tone looks like it could be evening out, it's at least brighter than it was a week ago. There are no signs of it irritating my skin, in fact it seems to be keeping redness at bay. I use it as a day moisturiser, and my A'kin Rose Hip Oil as a night moisturiser, and my skin lis glowing like it used to when I was 20! My family has told me that whatever I'm doing - keep it up because my skin looks great. I recommend trying this product!
EDIT: I used this for a few weeks but then noticed I was getting some dry patches on my nose and small bumps on my forehead. I stopped using this product and it cleared up. It did not feel like it was actually moisturising my skin, and my makeup just melted off which is strange for my skin. It feels like it has a lot of silicone or something similar in it. I'm disappointed, I really wanted to like this but I just can't use it. I have kept it to try again in summer when my skin isn't as dry.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

With this product you definitely get a bang for your buck. This is one great moisturizer. When I smooth this across my face, it feels like soft velvet. This moisturizer is rich, creamy, and when my face is dry it hydrates like no other. These days I haven't been using it regularly on my face because I have been using acne products from my derm. However, sometimes those acne products seriously cause me to peel, and this product saves my ravaged face. I love how there is all of these vitamins and minerals in this cream as well. When I use this, I feel like a am using one of the most expensive creams you can buy. And yet it is such a great deal. I love you Olay!

I've only been using this product for a short time, but already I like it a lot. My 51-year-old skin now borders toward dry, especially in the winter months. It's a constant battle staying hydrated. Total Effects is quickly absorbed into my skin and leaves it nice and smooth. I haven't seen great anti-aging effects yet, but I'm going to keep using it. I love the packaging with the push-button dispenser.

on 11/11/2006 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I waited a month to post a review on this product, to see if I had a bad reaction.

I love this stuff! It cut down my redness and made my skin smooth and hydrated. I'm 47 and find many products either too heavy or irritating that are targeted to my age group.

I really recommend this for anyone that has super sensitive and dry skin problems.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm 40 yrs. old & have combo/oily/acne prone skin. The t-zone gets very oily! Had clear perfect skin in my teens, now my skin has gone haywire! I purchased the Olay Total Effects 7-- fragrance free. There are 2 things that I like about this product. 1) the pump dispenser 2) no fragrance (fragrance can irritate oily/acne prone skin!) When first applied in the morning this product sinks right into the skin & feels quite nice & soft. By afteroon my face is a big oily, shiny mess! It also caused further acne problems. This product did not work well on my skin & I won't purchase again.

on 4/23/2005 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have to agree with the other two recent reviews. There really isn't anything at all special with this. It doesn't have a pleasant smell, in fact it does remind me of sunscreen like the last reviewer said. But smell isn't something I'm that concerned with. All I can say is it didn't do anything great. It was just a very average moisturizer, and it wasn't that great at even doing that.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad. The problem was it was great either. It was so average that I was upset that I paid almost $20 for it. BTW, I'm 30 with combo skin (oily T-zone)