Olay Total Effects 7x with VitaNiacin

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

4.3

on 5/30/2007 5:57:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff. I use it as a night and eye cream (I'm 31, plus I don't see the point in a separate eye product) and wake up with soft, better looking skin. Doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out at all. Has a somewhat strong scent but it's pleasant (not like ROC). Every time I get seduced by some new sexy cream (latest being the Aveeno Ageless cream with mushroom extract or whatever it is), I always regret my wandering ways. Damn Aveeno left my skin with little weird red bumps -- almost like zits, but they didn't hurt. Stupid! So back it is to Total Effects. When I was in my 20's, I used to switch back and forth b/w Olay and Neutrogena. I don't know if my skin is getting drier as I get older, but I find that Neutrogena has become much more irritating to my skin nowadays. So I basically don't use any Neutrogena products anymore and stick with Olay, which gets the job done and at a good price (plus I can buy this from Costco).

I've only been using this product for a short time, but already I like it a lot. My 51-year-old skin now borders toward dry, especially in the winter months. It's a constant battle staying hydrated. Total Effects is quickly absorbed into my skin and leaves it nice and smooth. I haven't seen great anti-aging effects yet, but I'm going to keep using it. I love the packaging with the push-button dispenser.

on 9/15/2006 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this moisturizer. It seems that it not only moisturizes well, but it improves my skin. I've been using this all summer, and it keeps my dry skin happy and glowing. An added bonus is the packaging, I love the pump dispenser. And the scent is really good too.

This review is for Total Effects 7 Signs Serum. If you have large pores, this is the product for you. I have very large pores (even been told at a makeup counter, when I didn't ask for an opinion!) in the T-zone. This serum has made them almost invisable (even using a 10x magnification mirror). I highly recommend this product. It is not greasy, very light and a little goes a very long way.

on 4/23/2005 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have to agree with the other two recent reviews. There really isn't anything at all special with this. It doesn't have a pleasant smell, in fact it does remind me of sunscreen like the last reviewer said. But smell isn't something I'm that concerned with. All I can say is it didn't do anything great. It was just a very average moisturizer, and it wasn't that great at even doing that.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad. The problem was it was great either. It was so average that I was upset that I paid almost $20 for it. BTW, I'm 30 with combo skin (oily T-zone)

on 3/19/2005 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a free sample from olay.com. While I haven't identified anything awful about this product, I haven't noticed anything special about it either. I've worn it under makeup as a moisturizer/SPF, and the only thing I can really say about it is that it really smells like suncreen ... Not something I want on a winter morning getting ready for work.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've repurchased this several times. It's hard to find this particular one -- the one with UV is fragrance free but I like this one without because it has the fragrance. My husband even likes the fragrance and he's so picky.

Anyway, I had oily skin which then went combo and now is on the normal/dry side -- still though I am plagued with blackheads on my nose.

This moisturizer does not aggravate my oily spots and sufficiently moisturizes the drier areas. Plus, with the vitamins in it my skin really seems to be fed, as it glows much more after using this.