Olay Total Effects 7x with VitaNiacin

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

4.3

I bought this about a year ago at costco. I use it almost every day unless I forget. I put it on every morning after I wash my face. It has a very faint fragrance to it and its actually a nice smell.
Now I do feel that its a bit heavy and greasy feeling in the summer. I ended up not using it very much. I use it all the time under my makeup.
The bottle is good in that it has a pump which I prefer over tubs. I have about a month worth left. I'm thinking I might be buying it again unless I can find something better from Clinique.
UPDATE:
I finished the bottle but the last week I noticed that every time I put it on my face, my eyes got very irritated. Not sure if I will buy this again.

on 5/30/2007 5:57:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff. I use it as a night and eye cream (I'm 31, plus I don't see the point in a separate eye product) and wake up with soft, better looking skin. Doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out at all. Has a somewhat strong scent but it's pleasant (not like ROC). Every time I get seduced by some new sexy cream (latest being the Aveeno Ageless cream with mushroom extract or whatever it is), I always regret my wandering ways. Damn Aveeno left my skin with little weird red bumps -- almost like zits, but they didn't hurt. Stupid! So back it is to Total Effects. When I was in my 20's, I used to switch back and forth b/w Olay and Neutrogena. I don't know if my skin is getting drier as I get older, but I find that Neutrogena has become much more irritating to my skin nowadays. So I basically don't use any Neutrogena products anymore and stick with Olay, which gets the job done and at a good price (plus I can buy this from Costco).

on 1/6/2007 5:46:00 AM

No matter what I try, from Creme de la Mer to the cheapest stuff.....nothing works for me like the ol' Total Effects. I have combination skin. This is a cream that is creamy and full, but will be absorbed immmediately and leave my skin soft, glowing and with a nice smell. I've been using it on and off since it's been introduced. I keep coming back to it, because nothing works as well for me as this Olay cream.

on 6/8/2006 8:16:00 AM

So far so good! Hasn't broken me out, smells pleasant, feels nice on my skin, and seems to be helping to minimize fine lines and pores. Next time I would like to try the formula w/sunscreen.

I received a large sample of this with my moisturizer and am not entirely sure what it's supposed to accomplish, but it does seem to even out my skin and reduce my gigantic pores a little. I generally use it in the evening after the Olay cleanser. Sometimes I need to also use a dab of moisturizer, sometimes not. The fragrance is quite strong and not too nice. Not sure if I'll buy more when the sample runs out.

This review is for Total Effects 7 Signs Serum. If you have large pores, this is the product for you. I have very large pores (even been told at a makeup counter, when I didn't ask for an opinion!) in the T-zone. This serum has made them almost invisable (even using a 10x magnification mirror). I highly recommend this product. It is not greasy, very light and a little goes a very long way.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've repurchased this several times. It's hard to find this particular one -- the one with UV is fragrance free but I like this one without because it has the fragrance. My husband even likes the fragrance and he's so picky.

Anyway, I had oily skin which then went combo and now is on the normal/dry side -- still though I am plagued with blackheads on my nose.

This moisturizer does not aggravate my oily spots and sufficiently moisturizes the drier areas. Plus, with the vitamins in it my skin really seems to be fed, as it glows much more after using this.