Olay Total Effects 7x with VitaNiacin

No Image

3.8

on 11/11/2011 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

NO NO NO! This stuff really irritated my skin, had to stop using & return it.

I bought this about a year ago at costco. I use it almost every day unless I forget. I put it on every morning after I wash my face. It has a very faint fragrance to it and its actually a nice smell.
Now I do feel that its a bit heavy and greasy feeling in the summer. I ended up not using it very much. I use it all the time under my makeup.
The bottle is good in that it has a pump which I prefer over tubs. I have about a month worth left. I'm thinking I might be buying it again unless I can find something better from Clinique.
UPDATE:
I finished the bottle but the last week I noticed that every time I put it on my face, my eyes got very irritated. Not sure if I will buy this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have thyroid disease and it has effected my eyes as well as my skin (very dry). But worst of all my upper eyelids are swollen most of the time. Yesterday I needed to moisturize my eyelids so I pulled this out and rubbed some on. I could not believe it, it actually before my eyes took out the swelling for the first time in YEARS. I stood in the mirror and just looked at myself in disbelief, I actually did not mind looking in the mirror. I've hated my eyes since this aggrivating disease came along, and hated to look in the mirror. Really I looked like I had been hit in both eyes and they were swollen.
Anyway, I am 38 years old, I have dry skin and this stuff works great on my face/neck/eyes...and I shall forever buy it for my eyes !!! SMILE

on 1/6/2007 5:46:00 AM

No matter what I try, from Creme de la Mer to the cheapest stuff.....nothing works for me like the ol' Total Effects. I have combination skin. This is a cream that is creamy and full, but will be absorbed immmediately and leave my skin soft, glowing and with a nice smell. I've been using it on and off since it's been introduced. I keep coming back to it, because nothing works as well for me as this Olay cream.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this on a recommendation from Dr. Baumann's book. She lists is as an anti-inflammatory. I would have never thought to buy it on my own for that- but so far, I love it! It does cut the redness. I tried an experiement and put it on one half of my face before bed, and when I woke up that side was clearly less red. Will continue to use.

on 6/8/2006 8:16:00 AM

So far so good! Hasn't broken me out, smells pleasant, feels nice on my skin, and seems to be helping to minimize fine lines and pores. Next time I would like to try the formula w/sunscreen.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm 40 yrs. old & have combo/oily/acne prone skin. The t-zone gets very oily! Had clear perfect skin in my teens, now my skin has gone haywire! I purchased the Olay Total Effects 7-- fragrance free. There are 2 things that I like about this product. 1) the pump dispenser 2) no fragrance (fragrance can irritate oily/acne prone skin!) When first applied in the morning this product sinks right into the skin & feels quite nice & soft. By afteroon my face is a big oily, shiny mess! It also caused further acne problems. This product did not work well on my skin & I won't purchase again.

on 2/25/2006 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Feels nice, smells nice. It does not seem to produce the wonders that the price and hype implies. If the price drops, I'd consider using this more often. mostly because it feels great and doesn't irritate my skin.

I received a large sample of this with my moisturizer and am not entirely sure what it's supposed to accomplish, but it does seem to even out my skin and reduce my gigantic pores a little. I generally use it in the evening after the Olay cleanser. Sometimes I need to also use a dab of moisturizer, sometimes not. The fragrance is quite strong and not too nice. Not sure if I'll buy more when the sample runs out.

This review is for Total Effects 7 Signs Serum. If you have large pores, this is the product for you. I have very large pores (even been told at a makeup counter, when I didn't ask for an opinion!) in the T-zone. This serum has made them almost invisable (even using a 10x magnification mirror). I highly recommend this product. It is not greasy, very light and a little goes a very long way.