Nioxin Bionutrient Actives Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

2.8

on 1/24/2006 10:01:00 PM

This crap has been banned from my bathroom. It leaves the nastiest sticky film on the tub and tile. I finally had enough and forbid my hubby from using it, and replaced with the J/A/S/O/N Cosmetics line for thinning hair. If it leaves a film on the tub like this, imagine the residue it's leaving on your scalp. ICK!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This cleanser is supposed to detoxify the scalp and remove toxins, residue and the hair thinner-DHT while also volumizing the hair. I have mild hair thinning at the front of my head. I used this daily for 2 months with no change in the number of hairs falling out each day. It did add volume to my fine hair but that is not the reason I shelled out $15.00 for 10.1 oz bottle of blue, mint-scented shampoo.

I really liked the shampoo and conditioner for the Actives line. I've tried many different shampoos and conditioners: Rusk, Tigi, Dove, Got2be, Pantene, and my least favorite, Herbal Essences. The shampoo lathered nicely and it thoroughly cleansed my hair with no heaviness nor leaving any residue. My hair is fairly healthy, so I can't really say if it helped with damage, oiliness, or dyness, but I do have really thin hair. When I tie my hair up, many of my hairs fall out when I let it down later. When I use conditioner, my hair falls out even more regardless if it was up or down that day. I didn't see that happen as much after using Actives Cleanser and Scalp Therapy. There was actually significantly less hair falling out. My brother, who has very rough, not shiny hair, used this duo, and just after one washing, his hair, to my surprise, actually looked healthier. It was softer and shinier. The white tea antioxidant (I believe it is the most potent antioxidant out of the teas) is an added bonus. I thought it was reasonably priced. I got both the shampoo and conditioner for $45 including shipping and handling on eBay for the HUGE 33.8 oz bottles. I thought it was a very good bargain, though I wish that it had come with a pump instead. I would recommend this to anyone with fine hair, especially for those who lose hair often. I would totally repurchase this in the future.

on 2/9/2005 6:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like it for my oily scalp, but, apparently the menthol or peppermint oil (whatever causes the tingling sensation) are known skin irritants. However, I've had no irritation. Expensive and surely overpriced.

on 6/19/2004 1:18:00 PM

I really liked this product at first. It has a great tingly feeling, and it definitely cleans your hair. However, I'm not so sure it stopped hair loss. I still lost hair in the shower like I always do. I'll use the bottle up, but I doubt I'll repurchase.