Nioxin Bionutrient Actives Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Other
No Image

on 8/7/2007 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

i was first switched on to this stuff about 5 years ago by a hairdresser who was salvaging my hair after it was butchered by some evil jc penney stylist. she said it helps hair grow a bit faster. i'm not sure about it growing any faster, but i did notice new hairs forming right along the edge of my scalp, which is never a bad thing!

does a great job of really cleaning the hair. i've got my boyfriend using it now, too, since he only washes his hair every other day. with me still washing mine most days, i tend to alternate between this and another, milder shampoo (currently karastase's shampoo for curly haired folks, though i'll be trying out a newbie in the next week or two).

recently moved to london, so nioxin is even more difficult to locate now. luckily i've got the massive bottle, so i'll have quite some time to hunt down a shop or resort to trying origins' clarifying shampoo.

on 5/26/2004 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love the shampoo and conditioner (scalp therapy), but hate the packaging.

The shampoo smells minty fresh, lathers nicely, and leaves my hair very clean, with no build-up. The conditioner softens and detangles my hair nicely, and also with no build-up. I use the Actives (as opposed to the Protectives) system because my hair is not chemically treated.

I hate the cap/dispenser of these products. They are the kind that have a little hole at the top of a wide cap. You pull the cap up to open and push it down to close. This type of dispensing is messy. I much prefer the disctop cap, where you push on one side and the other side opens. (I would even prefer the hinge caps.) I will definitely transfer the products to another bottle - that's how annoying those caps are!

I also use the Bionutrient Actives Treatment (a leave-in treatment after towel drying the hair). Even if I wasn't losing my hair (pregnancy aftereffect), I would use these products. They are wonderful.