Nioxin Bionutrient Actives Cleanser

Filtered by age: 30-35
No Image

3.5

I only wash my hair every other day, and when I wash it, I use this once a week to thoroughly clean my scalp. The other days, I use Devacurl no-poo. I like the Nioxin more than using the low-poo, as I think that the Coco Betain in the lowpoo dries my hair out. I feel the Nioxin soothes my scalp, and I like the way it feels. I also like the fact that it really cleans, but it doesn't dry my hair out like other sulphate shampoos. It also cleans my hair of any product residue through the week. I honestly feel it makes my hair look a lot better, and it makes the Devacurl products work a lot better. This is the first sulphate shampoo that I have used in months, and I was sort of scared to see what it would do to my hair, but this shampoo didn't not damage my fine curly hair.

on 3/12/2006 3:10:00 PM

Effective and gentle for daily washing.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This cleanser is supposed to detoxify the scalp and remove toxins, residue and the hair thinner-DHT while also volumizing the hair. I have mild hair thinning at the front of my head. I used this daily for 2 months with no change in the number of hairs falling out each day. It did add volume to my fine hair but that is not the reason I shelled out $15.00 for 10.1 oz bottle of blue, mint-scented shampoo.

on 2/9/2005 6:36:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like it for my oily scalp, but, apparently the menthol or peppermint oil (whatever causes the tingling sensation) are known skin irritants. However, I've had no irritation. Expensive and surely overpriced.