Lancome Juicy Tubes Pop - Energizing Melon

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

4.6

Got this in a swap and I am in LOVE with it. NW25, red hair, freckles, am a big fan of bright lips as it is. Way more sheer than most of these reviews give it credit for with an amazing opalescence that makes it on the top of my list, maybe even above MAC's pink poodle or standing ovation, which in my opinion are both WAY thicker.
The taste of this is fruity, not really melon, but not too sweet and it has a really nice tingle afterwards. Wore it all day and kept licking my lips and glancing at my lips in the mirror. LOVE IT

pics:

energizing melon--standing ovation--pink poodle

continued >>

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

On a person of the right coloring, this would likely rate a five. On me, it really doesn't but I don't want to penalize it too much. I was trying to match a Laura Mercier lip gloss I had and the Lancome MUA somehow convinced me this gloss was a good match. That's what I get for being gullible. I bought it, and though I think this is a great gloss it is for someone with darker coloring. Someone with dark hair, luscious caramel skin. This is a bright, warm pinky melon. The shine is vinyl/ glass, the smell and taste are actually good, and the staying power is also good. This particular juicy tube goes on more evenly than the other ones I have. This is just a little too bright on me.

on 7/31/2004 3:12:00 PM

I am not a lip gloss person, but out of curiousity, I tried this on at Dillard's when I was walking through the mall. I wore it home and knew that I had to go back an purchase it on the next mall trip. While I don't like it by itself, it is awesome over lipstic -- transforming blah or neutral colors into awesome shades. It's great for semi matte lipsticks too, and I love the smell and taste. I think it is expensive, but you hardly use any so I will definetly repurchase!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Kind of like the Juicy Tubes Pop version of Bolole; it's a bright orangey red with a fuchsia undertone and gold shimmer. Very pigmented and does indeed leave a slight stain behind (which I love, as my natural lips have zero pigment). Smells like bubble gum, and has a slight minty tingle which is fun but not bothersome.

on 6/13/2004 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is probably one of the most pigmented juicy tubes that I've tried. It shows up a hot coral pink with orangey/gold shimmer on my lips. I always have to put a tiny dab of clear gloss on under this one b/c for some reason it doesn't go on evenly otherwise..maybe just b/c my lips are chapped? Oh well, it's still an awesome summer color, but I know I won't wear this one much in the fall or winter.