Lancome Juicy Tubes Pop - Energizing Melon

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

4.1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

lancome juicy tubes are nice but i think the reason this ones so great has nothing to do with brand. its just a really nice bright pink-orangey-red.. the colors really hard to describe but its very pigmented and makes a statement. its a nice departure from boring sheer glosses and a great alternative when the weathers hot since you dont need much makeup if your lips are so bright! the staying power is very nice as with all juicy tubes and the smell is tolerable

on 4/24/2007 11:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this gloss! And I am not usually a fan of most glosses, as they tend to just look neither here nor there on me. This one is more pigmented than most and has a bit more substance to it, while still feeling really good on. It is a gorgeous fuschia/coral blend, but can go on quite sheer depending on how heavy handed you might be! I admit that I don't wear on its on as a simple gloss, but wear it over my favorite nude/pink matte lipsticks and it tursn all of them into amazingly gorgeous creamy pinky luscious colors. Love this!

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

On a person of the right coloring, this would likely rate a five. On me, it really doesn't but I don't want to penalize it too much. I was trying to match a Laura Mercier lip gloss I had and the Lancome MUA somehow convinced me this gloss was a good match. That's what I get for being gullible. I bought it, and though I think this is a great gloss it is for someone with darker coloring. Someone with dark hair, luscious caramel skin. This is a bright, warm pinky melon. The shine is vinyl/ glass, the smell and taste are actually good, and the staying power is also good. This particular juicy tube goes on more evenly than the other ones I have. This is just a little too bright on me.

on 7/9/2004 1:46:00 AM

This looks crazy orange in the tube but on me it's a coral pink. If you load it on, it's pretty bright, so I just use a little and it's a nice pink wash. Not my all-time favorite, but still a keeper. UPDATE: Never reached for this one, gave it away.

on 6/17/2004 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this without so much as trying it on, and the first time I applied it, I thought I would regret it. It really is a coral/hot pink, and though I usually can wear pinks with no problem, it was almost too bright. But I tried applying it after a coat of lip balm, and found the color to be just a bit more subtle and flattering.

This color is very bold, a hot pink base with golden orangey iridescense. This is very pigmented, so anyone who hates JTs because of the sheerness might want to check out this one. Lovely summery color, and love the bubblegum scent.

on 6/1/2004 8:46:00 AM

ENERGIZING MELON in LANCOME's JUICY TUBES POP line is an interesting product. The color base of the gloss is florescent fuchsia with bright orange shimmer, which combined make it appear bright coral.

On the lips the effect is definitely a flaming light gold orange coral. Looks great with a tan and sensational with carrot red hair. With the right makeup, the effect is fantastic. However, not for those days when you feel insecure and do not want to be noticed.....

The problem with the new JUICY TUBES POP is that they are a bit stickier than traditional JT. The flavor/scent is a strong chewing gum flavor, which I find slightly annoying. They also add artificial sweetener, which I also find irritating - I do not like sweetened lip products.

The application of ENERGIZING MELON is easy, but be warned that they have put something in this which give you a "bengay" for the lips feeling. Some days I do not mind, other days I find it annoying.

I do love the fact that this gloss is highly pigmented and that the color lasts a long time. That is why I even bother wearing it. I do not have time for most lip glosses that look like I have applied VASELINE.

I would purchase again because the positives far outweigh the negatives. The color is really great and hard to find. Lots of dimension to this color.
continued >>