Lancôme Juicy Tubes Pop - Energizing Melon

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

on 6/5/2008 2:14:00 PM

This is my first Juicy Tube, so I can't compare it to any other shade in the line, but it is true that this stuff is pigmented! I nearly flipped out when I tried it on -- a big smear of glittery orange! BUT when applied completely and with a firm press of the lips, this becomes a hot orangey pink with shimmer. A little wilder than I normally go for, but hey, it's summer! This is bright, but not unnatural. I got this on sale at TJ Maxx (wouldn't pay $18 for a lipgloss!) and I like it, though I doubt it's essential in my collection of muted roses and neutrals.

Got this in a swap and I am in LOVE with it. NW25, red hair, freckles, am a big fan of bright lips as it is. Way more sheer than most of these reviews give it credit for with an amazing opalescence that makes it on the top of my list, maybe even above MAC's pink poodle or standing ovation, which in my opinion are both WAY thicker.
The taste of this is fruity, not really melon, but not too sweet and it has a really nice tingle afterwards. Wore it all day and kept licking my lips and glancing at my lips in the mirror. LOVE IT

pics:

energizing melon--standing ovation--pink poodle

continued >>

on 5/8/2007 4:36:00 AM

The colour of this Juicy Tube is too pigmented and way too bright for my likeing. It is a bright reddish hot pink with a golden shimmer. I only need to use a small dab for my whole lips and I can tell it is going to take me ages to just use up 10% of this tube as the staying power is very high.

on 3/3/2006 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

taste good, feels good, and looks good. This was one of my favorite spring and summer glosses last year and I intend to wear again this spring and summer. not so much a melon shade as it is a warm coral. looks brighter in the tube than what it does applied. I love the taste. tastes like candy. the cooling sensation almost reminds me of Carmex, but better, and it smells great too.

on 12/17/2005 10:48:00 PM

I'm a lip gloss addict, so of course, I had to try this... the color looks a bright in the tube, but it actually looks really nice! I love the scent and taste, and even better, I bought several of these at a discount department store (they sell tons of overstock items). At the price I paid, I would definitely keep on using this. =)

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

On a person of the right coloring, this would likely rate a five. On me, it really doesn't but I don't want to penalize it too much. I was trying to match a Laura Mercier lip gloss I had and the Lancome MUA somehow convinced me this gloss was a good match. That's what I get for being gullible. I bought it, and though I think this is a great gloss it is for someone with darker coloring. Someone with dark hair, luscious caramel skin. This is a bright, warm pinky melon. The shine is vinyl/ glass, the smell and taste are actually good, and the staying power is also good. This particular juicy tube goes on more evenly than the other ones I have. This is just a little too bright on me.

on 3/26/2005 12:48:00 PM

Energizing Melon is very similar to Cool Fuchsia in the Pop range, yet almost neutral-toned coral rather than bright pink, so it will probably flatter more skintones. As other reviewers have mentioned, it has hints of peach/gold iridescence... very unique, fairly bright and an especially nice shade for spring/summer. My only gripe about the JT Pop range is their overpowering bubblegum scent, which is a novelty at first but becomes sickly sweet over time.

Orangish Red color with copper/orange swirl of shimmer (not glitter, shimmer). it's a very nice pigmented orangish red lip gloss perfect for the summer with bronzed skin. Stay away from it if you like sheer lipgloss.

on 7/9/2004 1:46:00 AM

This looks crazy orange in the tube but on me it's a coral pink. If you load it on, it's pretty bright, so I just use a little and it's a nice pink wash. Not my all-time favorite, but still a keeper. UPDATE: Never reached for this one, gave it away.

This color does not work on me. It goes on orangey and it's gross looking on my lips. It's very pigmented for a JT. The bubble gum smell does not bother me, and there is a slight tingle when I first put it on, but it goes away. I exchanged this for another color.