Lancôme Juicy Tubes Pop - Energizing Melon

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

4.3

on 6/5/2008 2:14:00 PM

This is my first Juicy Tube, so I can't compare it to any other shade in the line, but it is true that this stuff is pigmented! I nearly flipped out when I tried it on -- a big smear of glittery orange! BUT when applied completely and with a firm press of the lips, this becomes a hot orangey pink with shimmer. A little wilder than I normally go for, but hey, it's summer! This is bright, but not unnatural. I got this on sale at TJ Maxx (wouldn't pay $18 for a lipgloss!) and I like it, though I doubt it's essential in my collection of muted roses and neutrals.

on 2/2/2008 2:51:00 PM

If you are tired of JTs with little to no color then this is the JT for you. This is one of, if not the, most pigmented JTs I'd ever had. In fact I ended up swapping it away because the color was just too much for my fair skin. It was such torture finding that elusive JT that has color and then having to part with it because the color wasn't right on me. It was a bright fushia with gold tones that looked absolutely garish on my NC15 complection. I'm still giving it a 3 though because against the right coloring it could look fab and because it wasn't ANOTHER so-sheer-as-to-be-pointless JT. Regardless of your complection, if you want a colorful JT it's at least worth a try at the lancome counter, but definitely try before you buy because if it's not right for you it will be glaringly obvious.

Got this in a swap and I am in LOVE with it. NW25, red hair, freckles, am a big fan of bright lips as it is. Way more sheer than most of these reviews give it credit for with an amazing opalescence that makes it on the top of my list, maybe even above MAC's pink poodle or standing ovation, which in my opinion are both WAY thicker.
The taste of this is fruity, not really melon, but not too sweet and it has a really nice tingle afterwards. Wore it all day and kept licking my lips and glancing at my lips in the mirror. LOVE IT

pics:

energizing melon--standing ovation--pink poodle

continued >>

on 3/13/2006 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I think I prefer the texture of Lancome's regular Juicy Tubes as opposed to the Pop ones, but this is a great color - bright cool pink with gold shimmer. It's not frosty either which makes it more wearable than it looks in the tube. I didn't find this to be as shiny or moist as the regular Juicy Tubes which is why I took off a lipstick, but this is a pretty color and has very good staying power.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

On a person of the right coloring, this would likely rate a five. On me, it really doesn't but I don't want to penalize it too much. I was trying to match a Laura Mercier lip gloss I had and the Lancome MUA somehow convinced me this gloss was a good match. That's what I get for being gullible. I bought it, and though I think this is a great gloss it is for someone with darker coloring. Someone with dark hair, luscious caramel skin. This is a bright, warm pinky melon. The shine is vinyl/ glass, the smell and taste are actually good, and the staying power is also good. This particular juicy tube goes on more evenly than the other ones I have. This is just a little too bright on me.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this JT! It's a very pretty color, that gives a nice pop of melon/pink to your lips. When I first used it, I thought it would be similar to the fuchsia JT Pop I already have (they do look a bit similar in the tube), but I found Energizing Melon to be warmer and more subtle. It's nice for a natural look, with simple eye makeup. It really brightens up my smile, so I would definitely buy it again. I'm so glad it's not LE!

on 7/31/2004 3:12:00 PM

I am not a lip gloss person, but out of curiousity, I tried this on at Dillard's when I was walking through the mall. I wore it home and knew that I had to go back an purchase it on the next mall trip. While I don't like it by itself, it is awesome over lipstic -- transforming blah or neutral colors into awesome shades. It's great for semi matte lipsticks too, and I love the smell and taste. I think it is expensive, but you hardly use any so I will definetly repurchase!

on 6/30/2004 1:15:00 PM

Yikes. This is a fairly pigmented JT, and it looked really bright on my lips. It's a pretty coral-pink, but was too much for me. It's kind of iridescent.

If you look good in bright glosses, this one might be for you. It just looked a little funky on me.

on 6/19/2004 7:47:00 PM

Wow! A Juicy Tube with great pigment! This is a very complex color, and the other reviewers have done a great job of describing it. It does have a slight tingle when applied, although it isn't as intense as some other glosses out there. It is the perfect summer gloss!

on 6/17/2004 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this without so much as trying it on, and the first time I applied it, I thought I would regret it. It really is a coral/hot pink, and though I usually can wear pinks with no problem, it was almost too bright. But I tried applying it after a coat of lip balm, and found the color to be just a bit more subtle and flattering.