Alba Botanica Alba Hawaiian Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Lotion

Alba Botanica Alba Hawaiian Cocoa Butter Hand & Body Lotion

4.1

Not tested on animals

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic Ingredient), Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Certified Organic Ingredient), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Ananas Sativus (Pineapple) Fruit Extract (Certified Organic Ingredient), Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract (Certified Organic Ingredient), Allantoin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Panthenol, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium PCA, Sodium Riboflavin Phosphate, Sorbitol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Alcohol (Certified Organic Ingredient), Benzyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Fragrance (Parfum), Caramel.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I've been using this on my belly and hips throughout my pregnancy to keep my skin hydrated, and really like that it moisturizes wel. It's very gentle, sinks into the skin quickly, and does not leave a greasy film. The smell is nice without being overpowering.

I do not have really dry skin, so this may not be the best choice for someone who is seeking a super moisturizing lotion. I also live in a relatively humid climate, so I do not need a powerful lotion. For my normal to dry skin this has been a solid choice and I would definitely use it again.

on 5/21/2017 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I like this lotion. But, it's not moisturizing enough for me and doesn't seem to sink in. (I have dry rough heels and elbows and dry hands and cuticles, so perhaps that is expecting too much). So when I used this, I would supplement with other products. I typically use cerave cream or aquaphor or, for lighter options, Vaseline intensive care advanced repair or gold bond). I also liked the scent, but because I am fond of rotating perfume, I do tend to prefer unscented lotion. I may repurchase in the summer when my skin is less parched.

on 1/20/2016 9:06:00 PM

My SO loves cocoa butter, and had been using palmer's lotion for a few years. We tried this, and what a relief! Ingredients are much better, it feels great, and sinks in nicely.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this lotion! It's truly the only lotion that has kept my skin moist and soft feeling throughout the day. I never really noticed what I was missing in the lotion department until I tried this moisturizer. The true test came after I used it on my body and then my hands after nearly every wash. My hands feel great and my body still feels so soft. Awesome stuff! I am going to purchase the larger size I found on ebay and plan to keep it in stock at home and in my purse. Love the cocoa butter scent, too!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I loved this product!! It's my all time favorite lotion. It adds alot of moisture to the skin and makes skin so soft. Whenever I wear this lotion I get soooooo many compliments about how smooth and soft my skin is. I normally have pretty dry skin too, but this lotion works miracles. It has a pleasant, not overpowering, suddle smell to it. :) I recommend this product to anyone who wants super soft baby skin.

on 8/14/2013 8:53:00 PM

I am a huge aficionado of anything with Cocoa Butter in it and this one is very high quality with an un-greasy feel. The scent is distinctly cocoa butterish and has some other ingredient I can't place by scent. Really moisturizes my body and hand skin and lasts pretty much until the next day that I apply it. Awesome product and doesn't dry my skin out as Palmer's often does, due to its mineral oil content.

on 7/2/2012 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I quite like this body lotion. I usually use Jason Cocoa Butter lotion but bought this when I saw it was on sale. I try to use the most natural, non-chemically products on my skin I can find. I'm pretty sure this is a body lotion, so I wouldn't recommend putting it on your face! Obviously it's going to be heavier if it's made for body skin, not facial skin. Overall, I liked the scent, it was not too strong and didn't linger heavily. It was non-irritating to my eczema and moisturized nicely for the warmer months. I think in the winter I'd still need something heavier, and find my usual Jason to be a bit thicker and more moisturizing. But I would buy this again, and alternate between the two for some variation. I checked the skindeep cosmetic database, and do see that Jason ranks @ 4, and Alba @ 5. So a slight difference there, due to the fragrance in both. I'm not sure if natural vs chemical fragrance is differentiated in ingredients? If someone knows the answer to that I would love to hear it! If a product has naturally occurring fragrance is it still listed as "fragrance" on the bottle?

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Currently, I'm living in the far north, where the air is cold and dry. My skin has really suffered and is flaky and dry all the time. Alba Hawaiian Cocoa Butter doesn't work miracles, but it's ok for moisturizing. Probably it would be better for summer, but it's not greasy and it smells good. I bought it thinking that since it's a hand lotion it would fit in my purse, but the container is pretty large. Overall, a decent, but not perfect product.

on 4/6/2011 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This lotion made my skin SO soft! And I like the fact that its non-greasy and soaks in pretty quickly. Alot of light moisturizers that I've tried make your skin feel like its dry deep down, but you can feel Alba moisturize. The only thing I don't like about this is the smell. Thats the only reason I gave it a 4. It smells really sweet/fruity and kind of cheap, but the scent eventually softens. I'll buy this again because this is a great product.

on 1/26/2011 11:02:00 AM

This lotion is okay. It does an average job of moisturizing, but does not cut it in super dry/ cold weather. You can get the 8 ounce tube for $6 -$9 (depending on where you buy it) but it also comes in a larger pump bottle, which you can find at Whole Foods or for cheaper at vitacost or iherb. The cocoa butter scent is nice, but it does contain synthetic 'fragrance' as well as a few other questionable ingredients. It gets a moderate hazard rating of 5 from cosmeticdatabase (0-2 low, 3-6 moderate, 7-10 high). There are definitely better, more natural lotions out there that smell good without added synthetic fragrance (Aubrey Organics, BWC & 100% Pure make some good ones) . Not bad, but for moisturizing I prefer the Kona Coffee lotion (also moderate hazard rating of 5) or the Kukui Nut Oil over this one, though both of these also contain added fragrance, so beware if you are allergic or sensitive to added fragrance, or are searching for something all natural.

Ingredients: Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, sorbitol, certified organic helianthus annuus (sunflower) oil, vegetable glycerin, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, dimethicone, theobroma cacao (cocoa) butter, tocopherol (vitamin E), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, macadamia ternifolia oil, aleurites moluccana (kukui) nut oil, macrocystis pyrifera (kelp) extract, allantoin, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), zingiber zerumbet (awapuhi) extract, carica papaya extract, ananas sativus (pineapple) extract, sodium PCA, sodium cocoyl glutamate, linum usitatissimum (flax) seed oil, sodium carbomer, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, benzyl alcohol, riboflavin and fragrance.

Popular Lotions / Creams