Badger Chai Rose Lip and Body Balm

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Badger Chai Rose Lip and Body Balm

Not tested on animals

Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Golden Yellow Beeswax, *Castor Bean Oil, extracts of *Aloe Vera, and CO2 extracts of Rosehip & *Seabuckthorn Berry.

on 9/8/2009 11:20:00 PM

I love Badger lip and body balms, and this scent is nice. It takes some getting used to, and it is pretty different.

I love both the scent rose and chai tea so I just had to try this product. Unfortunately, the smell is too strong for me and it isn't very pleasant. I did get use to it after awhile but still don't really enjoy it.
The product works fine and comes in a 0.75 oz container which will last a very long time.
I wouldn't recommend it because of the scent.

on 11/3/2008 4:39:00 PM

My allergy prone skin so wanted to love this line of product, but my hyper-sensitive nose stepped in and won the battle... the smell of these products is just horrible. And, to be fair, the product itself felt very greasy and ucky on my skin. The packaging is adorable, love the tins. Unfortunately these items go into the unusable items drawer, and it's back to the drawing board for hyper-sensitive smeller/allergic skin friendly products:)

P.S. I purchased and tried the chai rose lip balm, the evolving body balm, and the spf 30 sunscreen.

on 3/2/2008 2:21:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Wegmans sells this line in the natural foods section, if you are having trouble finding it. I got this in the twist-up stick. I think ChapStick Lip Butter does a better job of sealing in moisture. This balm seems to be a little too light and to rub off too easily. It's also a little too shiny for my tastes. I like lip balms that are more matte. As far as the herbal taste and smell are concerned, I don't care for them. I was expecting something a bit sweet or creamy instead. Note: This goes on clear. There is no "rose" tint, as you might expect.

I have a tin and now a stick version of Chai Rose, which is possibly one of my favorite Badger flavors.

The flavor/scent is very soft. It's not a strong rose scent, just a very light floral note over a milky chai note.

What I love about Badger balms is, unlike lip products which contain petroleum jelly/petrolatum and mineral oil, it doesn't just sit on top of your lips. Badger balms completely absorb into my lips, making them soft and hydrated, but not glossy or waxy. They're perfect for when you want truly moisturized skin. Because they hydrate rather than locking moisture in (which can be bad if there isn't much to lock in), you can even layer these with more traditional moisture-barrier products for extra softening.

Ingredients are: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Golden Yellow Beeswax, Castor Bean Oil and extracts of Aloe Vera, Rose Hip & Seabuckthorn Berry with essential oils of Cardamom, Vanilla & Rose

on 12/16/2007 4:33:00 PM

This balm is single-handedly getting my lips through the winter! When I use a drying lipstick and they are all peely, I apply this and they are magically moisturized, soft, and comfortable. I have it in the stick form, which I prefer over the pot, since I work in a hospital and don't want to stick my finger into the pot all day. The Chai Rose scent is my favorite (I also have the Tangerine Breeze and Lemon and Ginger). It's a little bit spicy, but also a sweet smell. It's also very long-lasting! Love.

on 11/27/2007 11:27:00 PM

Very moisturizing lip balm, though i would prefer if it was a bit softer as i had to dig to get some out of the tin. The smell is also a bit too strong which has put me off buying this again. But half the reason i bought it was for the cute tin!

on 11/14/2006 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a winner! I just bought it in stick form based on the recommendations here, and you guys were absolutely right. This stuff is great--not waxy, not glossy, but with the perfect smooth texture. It stays on, keeps my lips smooth, and isn't chemical-filled. I love the faint cardamom scent but can't smell the rose.

on 9/21/2006 2:56:00 AM

YUM!!! Cardammom and perfect!! I just love love love this. Makes me happy when I apply it, and somehow it is also calming and beautiful. Wonderfully moisturising too, but even if it wasn't I'd keep using it just for the smell! My brother adores the smell too, but can't bare to carry around the pink packaging.

on 5/16/2006 2:52:00 AM

I originally bought this for my lips and hands, thinking that the Chai Rose scent would be a different change to those overly sweet-smelling fruity balms. The tin size is generous; it is rather easy to open compared to Burt's Bees, and its edges are rolled (which means no more grazes when you're in a hurry.) It is a bit 'thin' compared to beeswax-based lip balms and sinks in gradually, which means you may need to reapply once every so often. Keep out of heat if you don't want to end up with a melted mess of balm. Nowadays, I'm using it on my cuticles and toes at night as the warm cardamom scent helps lull me to sleep.

Will buy again, but want to try other scents as well.

Top Rated Lip Treatments