Badger Chai Rose Lip and Body Balm

Badger Chai Rose Lip and Body Balm

4.3

Not tested on animals

Extra Virgin Olive Oil, *Golden Yellow Beeswax, *Castor Bean Oil, extracts of *Aloe Vera, and CO2 extracts of Rosehip & *Seabuckthorn Berry.

on 9/25/2005 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I find this balm a little on the pricey side for what it is, but that being said, it's still affordable. I don't really smell the rose in this one, it's overpowered by the chai scent, but I bought it for the chai anyway so that's no bother to me. As a lip balm, it's a weensy bit greasy and it tastes kind of gnarly/perfumey, but it gets the job done. I like it best when I get ragged hangnails, which I get a lot (nervous habit of picking at the skin around my nails... gross, I know). This product is a good multitasker... that is to say, it's a good one to toss in your bag when you don't want to carry lip balm/cuticle balm/moisturizer/fragrance/hair stuff all at once (yeah, hair stuff... in a pinch I've used it to smooth flyaways), but I wouldn't say it's my #1 product in terms of getting things done. It's not my favourite lip balm, not my favourite healing ointment, not my favourite moisturizer... but it gets the job done; it's definitely more than sufficient, just not the absolute cream of the crop. I'd still buy it again, just for the cuteness/convenience factor.

on 10/30/2009 4:44:00 PM

I have wanted to try this chai rose lip and body balm for a year or so now, and I just ran out of my favorite co.bigelow mentha lip balm stick (no shine formula). So I finally got up the nerve to buy this. I have to say I didn't expect it to be so much rose, but I am slowly getting used to it. I like the smell and a little more chai scent wouldn't hurt, but since I will be using this for quite a while I will have to cope. This is something I wouldn't necessarily use around my boyfriend, because it's a bit strong and smells slightly of perfume. But luckily he's in the military overseas so I don't think that will be a problem..:). I do love the tin, I like better than the stick because I can put a good coat on my lips, I really do like the little badger picture on it..... it's so cute :D. The whole motto "try it, use it, never lose it". for now I don't want to lose it because it's getting colder and this is actually one of the only balms that make my lips feel healthy and not dry or cracked. I use on my cuticles (it does a swell job) and anywhere else I need a bit of TLC. I would recommend the lip and body balm.... not necessarily this scent because some people tend to stray from stuff that smells rosy. I have also had the cinnamon bay, it's a nice scent ( I may perfer it a little more). I plan on trying the Highland mint and tangerine breeze sometime. I much recommend this product!

I have a tin and now a stick version of Chai Rose, which is possibly one of my favorite Badger flavors.

The flavor/scent is very soft. It's not a strong rose scent, just a very light floral note over a milky chai note.

What I love about Badger balms is, unlike lip products which contain petroleum jelly/petrolatum and mineral oil, it doesn't just sit on top of your lips. Badger balms completely absorb into my lips, making them soft and hydrated, but not glossy or waxy. They're perfect for when you want truly moisturized skin. Because they hydrate rather than locking moisture in (which can be bad if there isn't much to lock in), you can even layer these with more traditional moisture-barrier products for extra softening.

Ingredients are: Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Golden Yellow Beeswax, Castor Bean Oil and extracts of Aloe Vera, Rose Hip & Seabuckthorn Berry with essential oils of Cardamom, Vanilla & Rose

on 5/23/2005 9:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

It took me a little while to get used to the scent, but at first I applied this under another lip balm. What I love about this is the ingredients: organic extra virgin olive oil, castor oil, beeswax, extracts of aloe vera, rose hip and sea buckthorn berry... you get the picture. It is all natural and moisturizes really well. It's nice to find a natural product that really works.

on 11/3/2008 4:39:00 PM

My allergy prone skin so wanted to love this line of product, but my hyper-sensitive nose stepped in and won the battle... the smell of these products is just horrible. And, to be fair, the product itself felt very greasy and ucky on my skin. The packaging is adorable, love the tins. Unfortunately these items go into the unusable items drawer, and it's back to the drawing board for hyper-sensitive smeller/allergic skin friendly products:)

P.S. I purchased and tried the chai rose lip balm, the evolving body balm, and the spf 30 sunscreen.

on 4/7/2008 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best lip balm I have ever used. Its saved me from even the worst chapped lips, and the smell is heady and gorgeous.

on 4/2/2008 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE this. This is truly a lip 'moisturizer'. As other reviewers have commented, this doesn't just act like a gloss or some kind of barrier, it really adds moisture to your lips. I use a lip balm EVERY night before I go to sleep, and this has replaced them all. It is truly wonderful.

on 11/22/2007 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow, I love this stuff!!

I use it just for a lipbalm because its a bit too greasy for the body. First of all the smell is gorgeous, its herbalish yet girly and rosy at the same time and intensely relaxing and destressifying =D For the price you get ALOT of product, I have had mine for over a year using it every other day. Even just sniffing the cute little tin turns my frown upside down. This is definitely HG for me. The perfect texture, the perfect smell and the cutest little tin ever. Highly recommended.

on 11/14/2006 11:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a winner! I just bought it in stick form based on the recommendations here, and you guys were absolutely right. This stuff is great--not waxy, not glossy, but with the perfect smooth texture. It stays on, keeps my lips smooth, and isn't chemical-filled. I love the faint cardamom scent but can't smell the rose.

on 5/16/2006 2:52:00 AM

I originally bought this for my lips and hands, thinking that the Chai Rose scent would be a different change to those overly sweet-smelling fruity balms. The tin size is generous; it is rather easy to open compared to Burt's Bees, and its edges are rolled (which means no more grazes when you're in a hurry.) It is a bit 'thin' compared to beeswax-based lip balms and sinks in gradually, which means you may need to reapply once every so often. Keep out of heat if you don't want to end up with a melted mess of balm. Nowadays, I'm using it on my cuticles and toes at night as the warm cardamom scent helps lull me to sleep.

Will buy again, but want to try other scents as well.

Top Rated Lip Treatments