Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

Active Ingredient: aluminum chlorohydrate 16%. Inactive ingredients: water, isopropyl myristate, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, peg-75 stearate, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, ceteth-20, steareth-20, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, bisabolol, orange fruit extract, lemon peel extract, linseed seed extract, farnesol, quillaja saponaria bark extract, witch hazel extract.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

As a deodorant this is effective! I live in the warmest and probably most humid of climates (Florida) and this holds up for most of the day without me needing to re-apply. I do sweat a fair bit sometimes (more with emotional triggers than heat) and on a very bad day I can detect it has lost its power by the 9th hour or so, but this is quite rare. As a daily deodorant it is a good one.
First time I used this I squeezed some of the cream from the tube onto my fingers and applied (silly me lol) but then realized you only need to squeeze the tube whilst placing the opening against your underarms and roll it around to spread the liquid. It dries pretty fast too and doesn't have a noticeable fragrance, unless you sniff very closely.

I didn't notice any difference with lightening as some of the other reviewers noticed (I'm wiping it off on a night with a cleansing wipe and applying The Ordinary Alpha Arbutin 2%) as was hoping it might work in that sense too, especially when combined with The Ordinary. But I do have very stubborn dark patches that nothing seems to shift so for normal levels of darkness on underarms it may well do the trick!

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Best deodorant I've ever tried. I like the fact that it has no noticeable smell. I wasn't so sure about the packaging at first, but it ended up being quite practical and clean. I bought it in May and I use it everyday (at least once a day, sometimes I reapply it) and it's not over.

on 6/14/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Bought this for my DH who likes this a lot. Convenient for travel.

on 4/18/2017 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I bought this, I was not totally convinced... a deo cream in a tube... never seen before. But IT IS GOOD!! I went on vacation where I had some long walks, and I could not smell any sweat (nor could my company;-)). I am convinced. Be careful though, you only need a tiny bit (if you take too much - like I did the first time - there is some smudging and cleaning up to do).

on 1/6/2016 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not worth the money you pay, go for nocicept anti perspirant cream, thank me later..

on 12/20/2015 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Totally crap! Doesn't protect at all. Even the cheapest products protect better.

Have been using this for more than 10 years now, and this will very likely be the only deodorant I'll continue to use for the rest of my life. Here's why:

I sweat lots. Almost anything and everything makes me sweat, and on top of perspiration + odor? My underarms are extremely prone to discoloration. A bad experience with Simple's deodorant left me with stained armpits, so I'm extremely cautious with what goes on my underarms.

And I'm more than happy to report that this works very well at keeping the sweat at bay. Of course, if you were to run a marathon, or spend the day cleaning the house, your underarms will still sweat. But for day-to-day "operations" - work, hanging out at the mall... This works fine.

It also keeps odor away, so rest assured you won't be walking around with stink bombs for underarms. ;)

It doesn't stain your shirts, so fret not should you want to don that beautiful white silk blouse!

I also find that this doesn't sting my underarms, even though I've just shaved.

The icing on the cake? The moisturizing properties in this deodorant does moisturize, and actually helped lighten the discoloration on my underarms. Am ever grateful to this HG product and I sure hope Kiehl's will never, ever stop producing this.

on 5/20/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Boy, I love this stuff.

I have a medical condition whereby my bodynow has a hard time regulating its temperature. I don't sweat when most people would / when I first need to, so that I overheat, and then I sweat profusely. With this, I'm embarrassed to say, I can get pretty stinky. I have tried so many deodorants and anti-antiperspirants - the drugstore kind, more "natural" products, sticks, salt crystals, on and on. Then I tried this. It works. It has almost no scent, and yet it neutralizes odor, without leaving a strong, perfume-y smell. I haven't soaked through a garment since I started wearing it, but to be fair, I've only used it since X-Mas time (it is now May), so I've not used it in really hot weather. Still, I have actually gotten away with skipping a day with this product, and still haven't developed any, well, stank. It's about $20 a tube, but as with everything Kiehl's, a little goes a long, long way. It leaves behind no residue. Initially the idea of using a cream seemed strange to me, but the tube works well, and people were using cream deodorants long before we developed the "technology" to bind it in to stick form.

Pretty magical. Highly recommend. Kiehl's will give you a sample. Try it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This deodorant is actually superbly efficient!

It has no fragrance to it, so it does not clash with my perfume. The only downside is that it is a cream, rather than a solid stick. I apply it by squeezing a small amount onto my finger and spreading it onto my skin that way.

on 9/24/2014 1:11:00 PM

I purchased this based on reviews while looking for an antiperspirant deodorant that actually works. It is almost 3 months now that I am using it and I am completely satisfied with its performance. My teen daughter, who does yoga, gym class at school, and dance class asked me if she could try this as her store bought deodorant just wasn't working. She is hooked on it now. I went ahead and ordered her one. I run with dogs, run a small bootcamp, and dance and no wet stains underarm. I highly recommend this product.