Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 8/14/2017 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm up in the air about this product, but I love the shade Stay Neutral - it matches my skin with light foundation perfectly.

However, it doesn't keep me matte. I apply it and about 1.5 hours later (or sooner) I'm shiny on my forehead and nose. Maybelline's Fit me powder lasts just as long, and the price is WAY less.

I'm leaving this open ended because I plan to use this for awhile, and I love the finish, but I just wish something that was "matte" actually kept me matte. I'm starting to think that nothing will mattify my face - which is probably because of my benzoyl peroxide gel that I apply to my face morning and night. Ugh. I'll also note that on my skin, I found this powder to cake up if I applied it as a blotting powder throughout the day. By the end of the day - my skin was pretty cakey. Maybelline's does NOT. Ugh UGH! I will not repurchase, but plan to use up as a setting powder only after foundation application. My Fit me powder will be used for the rest of the day to touch up since it does not cake up.

** updated - it hasn't even been one day of wearing this powder and I'm as dewy/shiny as I am when I wear my $5.99 Fit Me Matte and Poreless powder. For $26+ - this is a ripoff (for me). Ugh. I've blotted and reapplied and it lasts maybe an hour on me. And I'm doing nothing but sitting in a cold office setting.

FYI - I applied this powder to one side of my face, and then the $20 cheaper Maybelline Fit me matte and poreless to the other side - they looked and sat identical on my face and wore the exact same. Both sides got shiny at the same time - both looked identical. Save yourself the money and try Fit Me Matte and Poreless first.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Color purchased: Stay Buff

This is my favorite powder and I'm starting to use this over sunscreen for a "foundation" look because I dislike the feel of liquid foundation on my face (on the occasion I wear foundation, I use La Bella Donna pressed minerals).

This powder looks natural on me and takes the shine out. It doesn't irritate my skin.

I keep this in my purse at all times. I plan on replacing the sponge often to keep it clean.

this powder really does its job of keeping the skin matte all day. i used to have oily looking skin by the end of the day but eversince i started using this, i stopped being oily anymore. even if it is a bit expensive, i think it is worth the splurge. i will repurchase this if i run out.

on 4/4/2017 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the perfect powder to make you me skin look natural yet polished. I'm not a fan of heavy foundation, so this suits me perfectly for an everyday look. I apply with a powder brush and it controls shine for the whole day. Using the shade Stay Honey which is almost a perfect translucent for my skin tone.

I have purchased this product ten fold, because it is JUST THAT GOOD.

My skin has progressed from extremely oily and cystic acne prone, to sensitive, dry and red due to a prescription Retin-a medication. However, all of the moisturizing type foundations and CC creams I try tend to leave too much of a trace of luminosity in my T zone for my liking. Through both skin types, and the transition period in between, this product has been my tried and true.
Though I have never tried the Rimmel Stay Matte powder, this Clinique powder has AMAZING staying power, and adds a tad of coverage on top of what you are already wearing. It is very easy to use (I can blend it with either a fluffy powder brush, a puff or my beauty blender- though I prefer a puff), and I find that I am repurchasing it about every four months--- which, is a long time for a powder I use quite a bit of on an everyday basis.

Clinique, PLEASE don't ever discontinue this product!

on 11/27/2016 12:00:00 PM

I love this pressed powder - I have combination skin with an oily T-zone and this keeps the shine at bay for most of the day. I don't use the sponge applicator which comes with the package, though, since I find it applies the powder too heavily but instead, I use a big, fluffy powder brush.

on 11/2/2016 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Only bought this powder because the double superpowder was out of stock.

This product made my skin broke out. I used this for 2weeks and then I started to have small pimples, growing gradually. I stopped using it and my pimples started to heal slowly (with the help of medicine recommended by my derma).

I think this product is not for me. Hence, I just went to another store to buy the Clinique double superpowder.

PS: Coverage of this powder is poor. Well, you really can't expect since it's just powder.

Skin: Other, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got this in invisible, Im not big on powder but i must say this is a really good powder. It stays most of the day, does not look cakey and gives a nice smooth matte finish. Did not cling to dry spots. The packaging is elegant and versatile for travel. I prefer it to my mac and Elizabeth Arden powders. I just hate the price! :-(

on 12/10/2015 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've finally found the right pressed powder, I have sensitive, acne prone skin. This powder doesn't make me breakout. I also love the result, it gives light, natural finish. I will repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I purchased it three times alredy. It's mattifying perfectly! My tip for fair skinned ladies is to buy it invisible matte - that's how you never can go wrong!