Biotherm Aquasource Non Stop (combination skin)

Filtered by age: 30-35

Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerine, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum, Chlorphenesin, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Gluconate, Serine, 2-Oleamido-1,3-Octadecanediol, Citrulline, Cholestrol, Liminene, Fructose, Glucose, Tocopherol, Vitreoscilla Ferment Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Disodium EDTA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Urea, Menthoxypropanediol, Zinc Gluconate, Linalool, Ceramide 3, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine, Citral, Dextrin, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Benzyl Alcohol, Copper Gluconate, Hexyl Nicotinate, Sucrose, Glutamic Acid, Manganese Gluconate, CI 42090, CI 19140, Aspartic Acid, Alanine

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

In the UK last year I stopped at a Biotherm counter just to have a look at what was new in the lineup. An SA approached me wanting to know if I needed any help so I asked her what she would recommend for someone with oily or combination skin. She was very friendly, and suggested 'Aquasource'. As I mentioned I was staying in the city for a few days she let me take a sample with me which I tried out back at my hotel.
I found it to be very fresh and light with a gel-like consistency. However it was very perfumed (as I find a lot of Biotherm products can be) and my skin felt tight/tingled as soon as I applied this, possibly due to the high alcohol content in it. My skin also became more oily than normal as the day progressed which had to be down to the product.
As promised I did stop by at the counter to give some feedback but the SA I spoke to was not in that day and my flight was the following morning so I didn't get to see her again.

If you have sensitive skin it may be best to proceed with caution.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh. Did nothing for me. Also using the combined with the cleanser and toner from the same line I still got breakouts, despite this being a gel.

By the way, when is someone finally gonna wake up and create a gel moisturiser in a pump dispenser with an SPF....?!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Nice light hydrating fresh texture. Glides on smoothly, skin feel sgreat, but not moisturizing enough for dry skin. However I loved the smell and will repurchase if I ever want something light for nights out where I just apply a basic light moisturizer, MU and the full skincare regime just before bed. For now, Laneige water bank essence is also pretty good for that.

This is an amazing cream substitute for the summer. I've been using this for years. It's a light gel that makes your skin feel like it's being coated in spa water. It smells great, very gentle to sensitive skin and your face feels moisturized without an oily greasy feeling. This can even be worn under makeup.

Maybe my expectation was so HIGH;this procuct not match my expetation at all.

No effect on my face skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is the best smelling moisturiser ever. It's really light and gentle. I use this in summer or when my skin doesn't need a lot of moisture. The cleanser and toner are also good and I use them together.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Great products for younger skin. Used it in my 20's and loved the light gel and fresh scent. Hard to find but worth it for oily/combination skin that wants light hydration.

I like this moisturizer. I have been using Lush moisturizer for almost 3 years..but I found out that my face is just too oily in the afternoon, although it contains good properties for my skin but I can't stand the oiliness anymore. So..there you go.I browsed for a good moisturizer for my somewhat picky skin. I tried Biotherm a couple of years back with a not too bad result, and about 3 weeks ago Myer has a good deal for the aquasource line. I used this moisturizer along with Biosource cleanser and toner. I can say that my face is not oily anymore, I didn't experience any break out and it actually feels comfortable. The only thing that worries me a bit that the smell is just too strong for my taste.I wouldn't buy this again, just because I just bought the Biotherm Age Fitness night cream and I like it so much that I bought the day cream 2 days ago. so, no I wouldn't buy this again but yes I can recommend this for someone who has N/C skin and doesn't really need anti aging stuff for their skin at this stage. well done Biotherm!

I have tried a plethora of moisturizers from bottom to top. Acneic, combo, somewhat sensitive skin has plagued me for entirely too long. I tend to gravitate to the somewhat pharmaceutical displays in Shoppers Drug Mart and stay away from the "beauty section". Until now, I had never tried a Biotherm product with the exception of an eye makeup remover. A cosmetician approached me and I basically unloaded my woes. She suggested a few products, one in particular was Aquasource. I found the scent to be citrusy but was turned off when I smelled alcohol. Upon application, I noted a cooling sensation and it really went on smooth. It just seemed different, maybe because it was a gel formulation. I picked it up and decided to give it a go. I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with this product. My skin feels smooth, moisturized(without greasiness) and truly has a glow. As well, I have noticed improved clarity and tone. Not a huge fan of the jar but for me, the positives outweigh the negatives by a mile. I can certainly understand others misgivings regarding this product but for me..it just works.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

It's my favourite moisturiser. I love it.
Make my skin really soft. i like the fragrance, the texture. It doesn't cause oil. This product is perfect.