Ettusais Day Protect (Amulet) Powder

Ettusais Day Protect (Amulet) Powder

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Used this product for about half a year. Quite liked it at first cos it gave me the exact amount of coverage i wanted - light/medium (buildable), matte while still giving a hint of radiance to my skin. Blends very well into skin-tone too. However, over time i felt that this, when worn for long hours (> 8hours) every day, tended to clog pores. Oil control, while decent at first application, also lasted for quite a short time (2 hours) before i turned into an absolute oil slick again. Packaging is nothing to shout about - don't like how cheap it looks and too much powder came out of the sifter (completely useless) every single time. Pity this didn't work out too well for me cos like i said, i liked the coverage and how it blended into my skin. I have a refill pack left but i think it'll be a complete waste to just throw it away. I guess this is a semi-decent product to put on my face if i ever need to leave the house for a couple of hours and want minimal make-up. Just make sure to double (triple, if you can) cleanse afterwards.

Been using this for years and still loving it. Great even if use alone. Good oil control and offers slight coverage.

this powder is indeed light and offers pretty good coverage. however, i just couldnt find the right shade that suited me as i'm in between the light beige and natural beige shades!

also i think this powder started to clog my pores and this resulted in quite severe acne on my cheek area which i never experienced before until i started on this particular product.

will not repurchase.

on 7/18/2009 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this powder everyday when I'm going out without fail. It gives me good oil control for the entire day when I'm outside, even in a humid country like Singapore. It makes my complexion seems better, pores "disappear" after application as well. I'm using the natural beige shade and it's just nice for me, I didn't have an oxidation issue. The price is slightly on the expensive side due to the ordinary packaging and the extremely little amount of powder. The refill is still quite affordable though. I don't like the packaging as the powder spills outside the filler, this resulted in the puff picking up too much powder so I don't bring it out for touch ups. Otherwise, I think this is a good powder, good coverage for a loose powder and with a great oil control.

on 3/17/2009 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder. Layered over sunblock, the coverage is quite nice and smooth. It can be reapplied without clogging my pores. I have actually exercised with it on without breaking out.
The sifter isn't well designed. It never seems to dispense the right amount of powder. But the puff is nice.

on 2/28/2009 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this product for more than a year and I find it effective for acne-prone skin. Have used other powders before and feel that this is the only one that doesnt cause me any break-outs. Good for oil control but only lasted me half an hour considering the fact that I have really oily skin around my nose. Would definitely recommend it!

The disadvantages include the bulky case that takes up space in my make-up bag and that the powder tend to spill out of the casing. Price wise quite affordable as they offer refills that can be purchase at $39. Powder with box sold at $64 in stores.

on 4/29/2008 4:14:00 AM

I used to use this product for about a year or so, till i settled with Chanel's loose powders instead. Ettusias powder is not really suitable for my combination skin and tends to gather into oil pool everywhere. With Chanel, i look matte most of the time, and touching up perfected the look while with Ettusias, u cant overdo the touching up, lest u look... patchy. I wont recommend this for tropical weathers, as the talcum settles into the large pores and constant blotting is needed.

on 1/29/2009 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this DPP!! I have been using lucent for years, it has a nice finishing touch to my sensitive skin. Great to use it alone or with foundation. Thumbs up!!

on 11/24/2008 4:12:00 AM

Great product. gives a coverage that is higher than most Loose powders but not as much as 2 way cake.

The only thing I wanna complain is that if used daily, It last only probably 2 months at most!

i love this a lot,the pink case and its soft puff.
its souffle like powder provides good coverage and fairly good oil control.it also contain anti roughness powder that makes your skin really smooth.when i'm using this,people ask what have i done to my face?cos it looks so smooth.i'm using lucent.