Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask

Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask

3.6

on 1/5/2018 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser has a plastic, rubbery texture and a strong chemical smell which probably isn’t great for sensitive skin. It does clear sebum from the skin effectively but if you’re not careful, it can overstrip your skin. As someone with oily, acne prone skin I would recommend the kiehl’s calendula gel cleanser over this product

on 9/7/2016 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used this product for 2 years and my skin barely broke out. After almost exactly the 2 year mark my skin started getting acne on the checks and even my nose. Even when I had bad acne back in high school I never broke out on my nose. I really do think this product stopped working. It does work great for about 2 years. However, I will say that it does not control your oil even though it says it's for combination skin as well. Will most likely never use this product again.

on 3/27/2016 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser has been a God send for me. I use it first thing in the morning, to take off makeup (gmface and eye), and before a go to sleep. It is the only cleanser that has actually helped my acne. My skin has improved so much since using this- cleared up a lot of the spots, make my pores smaller, and I seem to be less oily. I was originally using Clinique and I'm so glad my curiosity to this product got the better of me. I'll be purchasing again and again and again.
NB: a little bit of product goes a long way- it lathers a lot.
NNB: only one wash is generally needed to remove a large amount of face and eye makeup (as evident by the lack of makeup/dirt on the cotton pad I use for my toner after this cleanser

on 11/24/2015 12:31:00 AM

I really like this cleanser. My skin feels so clean and fresh after using. Doesn't really help with existing acne, more so just to keep the skin under control and limit future breakouts. But I do love that fresh feeling after using it.

on 6/22/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This Este Lauder product is really both a cream cleanser and a mask. It cleans your skin fine but without any "wow" factor.

on 1/15/2015 9:57:00 AM

Wanted to like this product so much. First time I used it my skin felt amazing.
After a while my skin started to break out so badly. I develop a sort of allergy reaction. It' s a very aggressive product. Ask for a free trial first.

on 11/22/2014 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The only face wash that doesn't cause my skin to break out. Been using it for a while. It lasts for ages and I haven't had a problem removing eye make up with it either. I use it twice daily and morning i follow with el day wear plus moisturizer , double wear foundation and loose powder. Night time followed with advance night serum. My skin only loves Estée!

on 8/1/2010 1:50:00 AM

This is my favorite cleanser ever by far, but it's much too expensive. (I've since switched to Cetaphil simply for price reasons.)

It's a thick white cream that lathers up absolutely _deliciously_. The smell is pretty unobtrusive--not too good, not too bad--and you hardly notice it after a while. It takes a bit to rinse off, though, because it's such a thick cleanser, but once you rinse it off your skin feels soft and squeaky-clean.

It doesn't dry out your skin (and if it does, they have another cleanser that is supposed to be more emollient). It feels like it cleans much more deeply than my Cetaphil or any other cleanser I've used does.

I would definitely repurchase if price wasn't an option. Definitely check this out if you can afford it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Like the reviewer below, this too was my first "high-end" cleanser, and i wasn't dissapointed at all. it left my skin very clean and it wasn't drying which is good. the only reason i probably won't get it again because it's just a basic combination/oily skin cleanser which every skincare line usually has.