Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask

3.2

on 1/5/2018 4:59:00 PM

Estée Lauder’s short cut to make money with cleansing... before they had a proper cleaning range with several products answering needs of different skin profiles. Now all generalist bullshit one fits all. Go for Chanel cleansers and toners, far better!

on 1/5/2018 4:27:00 PM

I really hoped to like it, but nope it did not work . it broke me out and it is the first time that happens with Estee lauder product. Iread the ingredients and it does seem pretty harsh, so i am back to Weleda's cleansers, which work great!

It's an okay product but not amazing. It doesn't really clean pores very well, or hydrates or exfoliates. It's good at everything but not execllent. It left my face feeling clean and firm but then it gave some parts of my face odd burning\tingling sensations. Threre are definitely better products out there.

on 1/10/2015 8:28:00 AM

Ok, this is a lovely product.....but it trashed my face. It REALLY dried it out. Too bad, as I said it's nice, but after one wash I was dry and irritated for days. Maybe I should try the Soft Clean in this line?

on 10/11/2013 4:36:00 PM

This is a review for EL Perfectly Clean Multi Action Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask.

Got a sample with the latest EL promotion (buy two products and you get a gift bag in-store).

It's a very thick -not runny or gelly at all- substance that lathers but doesn't really foam all that much. It is definitely a treat, it smells amazing (well, I love the clean smell) and it warms up a bit as you massage it into the skin. You can then either rinse it off, or leave for 3 minutes as a face mask.

I didn't have very high hopes at first, but after using it a couple of times, I'm defo buying a full size tube when I run out of the sample. I have a really crappy T zone with clogged pores, shininess, blackheads and whatnot, and this thing leave me feeling squeaky clean. My skin actually squeaks as I rinse it. But it doesn't feel overdried or tight at all. Love it love it love it. Never tried anything like this. Winner.

on 1/4/2013 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

OMG!! This stuff is absolutely amazing. My skin is oily and acne-prone (actually, by genetics) and I pair this with Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit foaming scrub and it does wonders for my skin. It leaves it feeling so clean and soft and it actually looks brighter! I used to wear a lot of makeup to coverup my dark spots and imperfections from acne scars and hyper pigmentation but now I am leaning more toward light coverage foundations and BB cremes because this stuff helps to make my skin look gorgeous. It is a bit on the pricey side but I feel it is worth it, I would probably spend more than that on a good foundation anyway so.. WHY NOT? :)

on 7/7/2007 1:01:00 PM

This is a thick white gel that lathers up real nicely, which means you only need the tiniest amount. It feels soft on skin and is quite easy to wash away. Beware of getting this into your eyes though since it stings like crazy. Definitely not for getting rid of eye makeup. For the rest of the face it works wonders, I have combo skin and it leaves my face fresh, makeup free without making it tight or dry. I think, however, that it might be too harsh in wintertime and for drier skintypes it would definitely be too drying.

on 5/16/2003 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Yuck. The smell is marginally okay. This is a great idea and in theory should have been perfect, but it did not leave my skin feeling clean. It's a clear gel that lathers up quickly. Think shaving cream. It left a heavy film. This doesn't rinse very well. The SA told me that I wouldn't need toner afterwards but without it my skin felt so gross. You almost need another cleanser afterwards. I will never buy this stuff again.

on 5/12/2003 3:53:00 PM

One of my first excursions with "high-end" cleansers and not an overall disappointment. It really isn't for those suffering from acne; you want a cleanser that has salicylic acid of some sort. Good for combination oily types, this cleanser has a great fresh citrus scent, foams nicely, and cleanses thoroughly. Again, not for sensitive, super blemish-prone, or super oily skins.

This is a great cleanser. I love the cool feeling. However, it doesn't quite get everything off, so I find it best to follow with a bar soap (Clinque or EL) and toner.

Packaging is what really makes this product lose points. It gets sort of gloppy and you cannot tell how much is inside.

Popular Face Skincare Products