Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask

Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask

3.6

on 10/22/2001 4:36:00 PM

Best Cleanser I have ever used. Takes all your makeup off! I use the normal to oily version though I am pretty dry. Foams up nicely! Smells wonderful. I actually use it with a facial brush. Only thing is the bottle is huge and fills up your drawers too much. I have purchased this several times which I generally do not do but it is a winner.

on 12/14/2001 9:59:00 AM

The only reason this isn't my holy grail of cleansers is because sometimes it has trouble getting all the gunk off my oily end-of-a-long-day face. I absolutely love the scent - grapefruit and green tea - and it never leaves my skin feeling stripped or irritated, just clean and glowing. The price is moderately high, but it lasts quite a long time, so I consider it a good value.

on 12/17/2002 10:39:00 AM

Good cleanser, a little dry in winter. However, I will stick with my Cetaphil.

on 1/21/2003 9:44:00 PM

i was using this with no problems, and than i started retin a and couldn't use it without my skin stinging and burning. need to have tough skin to use the oily skin version.

This is a great cleanser. I love the cool feeling. However, it doesn't quite get everything off, so I find it best to follow with a bar soap (Clinque or EL) and toner.

Packaging is what really makes this product lose points. It gets sort of gloppy and you cannot tell how much is inside.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this foaming cleanser. It leaves my skin clean and fresh. Nice grapefruit scent. The package is deceiving though and not convenient for travel.

on 5/12/2003 3:53:00 PM

One of my first excursions with "high-end" cleansers and not an overall disappointment. It really isn't for those suffering from acne; you want a cleanser that has salicylic acid of some sort. Good for combination oily types, this cleanser has a great fresh citrus scent, foams nicely, and cleanses thoroughly. Again, not for sensitive, super blemish-prone, or super oily skins.

on 5/16/2003 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Yuck. The smell is marginally okay. This is a great idea and in theory should have been perfect, but it did not leave my skin feeling clean. It's a clear gel that lathers up quickly. Think shaving cream. It left a heavy film. This doesn't rinse very well. The SA told me that I wouldn't need toner afterwards but without it my skin felt so gross. You almost need another cleanser afterwards. I will never buy this stuff again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Like the reviewer below, this too was my first "high-end" cleanser, and i wasn't dissapointed at all. it left my skin very clean and it wasn't drying which is good. the only reason i probably won't get it again because it's just a basic combination/oily skin cleanser which every skincare line usually has.

on 12/20/2003 4:06:00 PM

This is a pretty decent cleanser if you don't wear makeup and sunscreen. It has a nice fresh scent, doesn't irritate my skin, but also hasn't helped clear any acne. I can't get used to spending $17 on a cleanser that doesn't remove all makeup. I used to spend $6 on Oil of Olay and Neutrogena, and I thought that was expensive. I stopped using those cleansers several years ago but just recently started trying to experiment w/ cheaper cleansers, since I spend so much on facial products already.

Popular Face Skincare Products