Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask

Filtered by age: 25-29
Estée Lauder Perfectly Clean Foam Cleanser/Purifying Mask

3.4

I am over the moon in love with everything about this product . . . except the price. I love the thick cream that lathers up when applied to the face. I like to add St. Ives Apricot Scrub to the product for a more exfoliating clean. To me, the product smells somewhat like a cross between Ivory soap and a doctor's office. Perfectly Clean rinses away perfectly clean, leaving my face feeling clean without any residue. I have been using the product several times a day, as I am trying to unclog pores, and have had no skin issues, even with the apricot scrub added. My skin, however, is not sensitive, and can stand harsh treatments. The price is approximately $25, which is, in my humble opinion, the products' single downfall.

I've used this cleanser for more than a month until I decided not to use this again since my skin didn't benefit from this at all.

According to Estee Lauder, this cleanser "leaves skin healthy, fresh and luminous."
This cleanser doesn't do any of this. It just works well to clean the skin and remove makeup.

I tend to use a layer of foundation or 2 layers of BB cream, so I never thought it'd be a difficult case for removal. I think it takes a good 1 minute or more of rubbing in order to get the makeup off. I also need to use a toner and moisturizer right afterwards or my normal skin would feel dry.

Also, I've tried using this product as a 3-minute mask as the instructions suggest. I see no effects from using this as a mask.

This product stings my eyes horribly if I open them without having rinsed thoroughly.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Does a super good job cleansing the skin. If you have sensitive skin definitely pass on this, it is heavily fragranced which isn't important to me for a facial cleanser. It is the most drying cleanser I have ever used, my skin feels uncomfortably tight after every use. Alittle product goes a long way & it is a thick consistency. Packaging is easy to use BUT once you get low it is hard to push the remaining product through the tube, I had to cut open the bottle to get it all out. I wanted to like this because it cleanses well but the fragrance & tightness was a no no for me.

on 1/19/2015 4:27:00 PM

I love love love this products, does the job and does the job well.

I have very oily, very sensitive and acne probe skin. Most face washes suitable for oily and acne probe skin leaves my skin feeling extremely dry and painful.

This product removes everything its supposed and nothing that its not supposed to. Skin feels smooth, squeky clean and refreshed.

Perfect for removing estee double wear make up when paired with good cream/oil make up remover. Not suitable for make up removal on its own (tried and tested)
A little pricey but a little goes a long way so cant really complain. When used 2x a day lasts me around 8-10 weeks.

Removes dirt and make up from my skin. Doesnt dry out my skin,

on 1/15/2015 9:57:00 AM

Wanted to like this product so much. First time I used it my skin felt amazing.
After a while my skin started to break out so badly. I develop a sort of allergy reaction. It' s a very aggressive product. Ask for a free trial first.

on 12/20/2003 4:06:00 PM

This is a pretty decent cleanser if you don't wear makeup and sunscreen. It has a nice fresh scent, doesn't irritate my skin, but also hasn't helped clear any acne. I can't get used to spending $17 on a cleanser that doesn't remove all makeup. I used to spend $6 on Oil of Olay and Neutrogena, and I thought that was expensive. I stopped using those cleansers several years ago but just recently started trying to experiment w/ cheaper cleansers, since I spend so much on facial products already.

on 5/16/2003 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Yuck. The smell is marginally okay. This is a great idea and in theory should have been perfect, but it did not leave my skin feeling clean. It's a clear gel that lathers up quickly. Think shaving cream. It left a heavy film. This doesn't rinse very well. The SA told me that I wouldn't need toner afterwards but without it my skin felt so gross. You almost need another cleanser afterwards. I will never buy this stuff again.

on 12/17/2002 10:39:00 AM

Good cleanser, a little dry in winter. However, I will stick with my Cetaphil.