Jason Natural Cosmetics Aloe Vera 84% Shampoo

No Image

3.5

Not tested on animals

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is such an amazing shampoo, it's so good! My hair is thin but I have a lot of it, bleached and I'm currently growing it out to my natural golden color.

No sulphate free, natural shampoos/conditioners have ever worked for me, ever. Except I took a chance on the Jason Apricot shampoo and conditioner and am so glad I did. Been using that for a while and decided to try the aloe version as well.

Total winner. I actually really enjoy the smell, really fresh. I'm getting the body wash in the same scent too, that's how much I like it. It gets my hair clean but not dry at all and with the conditioner, my hair is sooooo shiny!! No need for serums or anything.

Better than any high end shampoo/conditioner combo I have ever tired, and I've tried a lot! This and the apricot are my HG's for hair care.

on 3/25/2017 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Can't stand the smell of it. I'm guessing it's a prequent wash shampoo as in every two days as after a week with it in and moving with your sweat it would probably smell like your great grandma's drawers. Saying that it really does moisturise. Your hair is left very soft.
It doesn't Suds either which is interesting. If it wasn't for the smell i'd give it full stars.

Overall I am quite happy with this shampoo as it feels very mild and works well for daily shampooing of my baby fine color-treated hair. Most natural shampoos don't generate the same kind of lather as standard commercial shampoos, but don't get tricked into using more shampoo to try and get that same kind of highly-lathered shampoo you may be accustomed to. A small amount of shampoo massaged into the roots works well, and yes, my hair isn't as smooth right after shampooing with it since it doesn't have the kind of ingredients that load hair down with product. After rinsing I use Zion Health Adama Vanilla Coconut Conditioner, and my fine hair looks smooth but still has some body.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought this on a whim after running out of some other random organic SLS free shampoo. Very happy with it- it does smell kind of like gummy bears, but it leaves my hair clean, soft, shiny and frizz free. I have 2A wavy hair and live in Northern Europe, and I'm very happy to have found a shampoo that balances moisture and cleansing perfectly for me.

i usually use Live Clean brand, but this was on sale so i decided to try it, and boy am i sorry i spent 10 bucks on this shampoo and conditioner.. the shampoo smells like cheap soapy unknown brand shampoo you find in dollar stores. it stripped all the color out of my hair and made my hair dry and frizzy/brittle. The conditioner is nothing special, and it smells like dish soap. The packaging is ugly and cheap looking, do NOT like this product. I contacted the company asking for my money back and they never did answer. will not buy again and do not recommend to anyone.

great every day shampoo. I feel that the sea kelp shampoo is more hydrating, but this is so gentle on sensitive skin. my boyfriend shaved his head and always gets ingrown hairs and once he started using this, his skin called down a lot.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

LOVE this shampoo and the matching conditioner. I started by using the Biotin stuff, but I can't stand the smell. So now I switch between the Aloe Vera conditioner and the Biotin conditioner. But I am sticking with the Aloe Vera shampoo. I brought this along when I was on Tybee island for 2 weeks, and it worked out great. Tybee has hard water, and this shampoo and conditioner didn't make my hair feel gross and heavy. My husband and I also love the scent - it is very neutral and not at all too flowery for him.

on 6/6/2011 4:10:00 PM

I'd had no luck with 'natural' shampoos and conditioners -- the shampoos have been too harsh and the conditioners have been too greasy -- but this works out wonderfully! Wondering now why it took so long for me to figure out that what my face and body love will be great for my scalp and hair, too...
Jason brand has been reliable for me thus far (touch-wood). I can always find this on sale for 6 dollars or less, and it's so concentrated that it lasts a really long time. I lose little to no hair (a huge issue for me), the scent isn't flowery, and my hair feels lovely. Wonderful case of keep-it-simple-stupid.
I only need 1 wash, and I massage my scalp with aloe vera if I feel like it needs it. If I need extra hydration, I spray with water and a bit of oil, and that's it.
>>happy dance<<

I've been using this shampoo for years and think it's great for my long, fine, wavy, frizz prone hair. It makes it soft and manageable and bouncy. You do need to do a quick shampoo/rinse before the real shampoo, as the directions say. Aloe vera is a wonderful ingredient for smoothing hair. I've tried expensive shampoos but always come back to this funky bottled brand.

on 5/16/2010 11:41:00 AM

I'm really on the fence with this product. I have thick, wavy/coarse hair with an oily/sensitive scalp, so I try to stay away from sulfate shampoos. This one seemed like a winner: natural ingredients, no sulfates, made with aloe vera, etc. I was a bit put off by the price, but truthfully it's so thick that I've had it a few months now and have yet to replace the bottle. What I've found is that after using it everyday for a long period of time, my hair is getting increasingly dry and the cleaning ability of this shampoo is mediocre at best. I rarely blow-dry my hair, however after going to my stylist for a haircut after using this for a long time, I had to chop off a few inches due to the damage in my hair. I can only blame this product as I do VERY little styling to my hair (it's a bit pointless for me really). Overall, not a horrible product, but not great either. Certainly not worth the amount they are charging for it in stores.