benefit Cosmetics Um...Um...Uh... [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

4.4

I'm in the minority here. Didn't like this at all. It barely shows up on my lips. It's moisturizing and feels good, but it washes out my face. Disappointing for a BeneFit product.

on 5/16/2007 8:12:00 PM

Why, oh WHY did I discover this after it's been discontinued??!! I received this recently in a swap, and it is very flattering on me, which is unusual! I have a hard time finding shades that suit my skintone (light-medium with neutral-to-warm undertones). For some reason, most lipsticks look too dark, or dirty or muddy on me, and anything too pink or too orange makes me look like a clown! Um Um Uh is a perfect blend of pinky-peach and brown, and it is sheer, so it looks very natural. I use it with MAC Caramellow lipliner, and I love the effect. Why does everything good get discontinued??

Two (minor) gripes: 1) it doesn't last very long, but I guess that's true of most sheer lipsticks. 2) I don't like the oval-shaped tube, you have to line up the cap with the tube in order to put it back on again.

on 4/5/2007 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

For reference I'm medium/dark GGG. This is a pretty color in the tube, but just doesn't seem to show up on my lips. It may be MLBB for someone a little lighter. It only works with a lipliner for me. Then it takes on the color of the lipliner completely. It's a creamy formula, but it doesn't last long and I have to reapply often. I'll try another formula and color next time.

on 11/24/2006 10:23:00 AM

I noticed some reviewers were looking for this. I just ordered some from makeup.com
I was not as happy with this as I expected to be. The color is nice, but nothing special. Looks like a LOT of other lipsticks out there. The color really doesn't stand out on my lips, but the price was decent so I can't complain.

on 11/6/2006 3:26:00 PM

I really wanted to like this, and ordered it in response to all of the good reviews here, but I was disappointed. The color just didn't show up on me as much of anything--could barely tell I was wearing any lipstick. Oh well. BTW, I ordered this online from the Macy's website a couple of months ago, so the previous reviewer who is looking for this might find it there.

on 11/6/2006 3:07:00 PM

Help! I'm running out of this colour - I've been using it for four years now and usually buy 12 tubes at a time (about a year's supply) and it is perfect for me - colour, texture, no taste, no smell. Last week I tried to re-order off the Benefit site, but the colour isn't listed. An e-mail message re my request for info was not at all helpful - they essentially told me to check local stores.

Does anyone know if this colour has been discontinued? Thanks very much in advance for any info.

on 10/31/2006 12:21:00 PM

Um, uh, I must be the odd ball out here, I can't stand the color on me, turns out to be a tan, barely mauve color. It is the tan color I can't stand. The texture and smell are nice, as is the tube but the color is just "off" on me.

on 10/19/2006 2:42:00 PM

I searched everywhere for this after reading all the glowing reviews and I'm so happy I finally found it. It truly is the perfect YLBB nude-pink color that doesn't wash me out. Love the creamy formula and staying power is great. Looks amazing w/Dandelion blush, which I also just bought. I am just the opposite of the below reviewer - I also have Clinique Delovely and Um Um Uh definitely looks better on me - but with my brown hair and green eyes, mauves and pinks tend to be more flattering on me than caramel/browns. Among the mounds of partially-used l/s and l/g's I own, I can see myself definitely finish this one up and buying more!

on 10/13/2006 2:00:00 PM

This is a very lovely sheer, creamy, moisturizing, mauve lipstick. Not too expensive, and cute packaging, too. Don't care for the smell, and it's not quite my color, though--seems a tad too purple on my pale, yellow-toned skin, so I won't repurchase.

I have bought this lipstick several times. I love the color. It looks great and adds just the right hint of color. It always looks good on my friends who borrow it as well.