L'Oreal Feria Haircolor Hi-Lift Browns

L'Oreal Feria Haircolor Hi-Lift Browns
Feria Haircolor Hi-Lift BrownsFeria Haircolor Hi-Lift BrownsFeria Haircolor Hi-Lift BrownsFeria Haircolor Hi-Lift Browns

2.6

aromatic shimmer serum: helianthus annuus/sunflower seed oil. parfum/fragrance F.I.L. #D10218/1 shimmer boost hydrating conditioner: aqua/water/eau. cyclopentasiloxane. cetearyl alcohol. candelilla cera/ candelilla wax/ cire de candelilla. cetyl esters. dimethiconol. parfum/fragrance. phenoxyethanol. polyquaternium-37. peg-150/stearyl alcohol/smdi copolymer. paraffinum liquidum/ mineral oil/huile minerale. methylparaben. peg-150 distearate. hydroxypropyl starch phosphate. ppg-1 trideceth-6. chlorhexidine dihydrochloride. aloe barbadensis/ aloe barbadensis leaf juice. propylene glycol. camellia sinensis/ camellia sinensis leaf extract F.I.L. #D30632/1

I have very dark brown hair with henna/indigo in it- yep- stuck forever! I stripped it first a week before with some baking soda/peroxide/honey just for reference. Hair was still pretty much very dark brown, but a lot of the henna gone. Anyways, i put the feria hi-lift downtown shade on all my hair except the roots, and it lightened to a golden brown. Not a cool shade at all, but a pretty golden caramel color- which im happy with. Im surprised it lightened at all, or as much as it did. Smells awful like chemicals, but also surprised i didnt get any skin reactions (i usually do). Hair is in good condition after. Just went and bought a second box to see if it can go any lighter.

on 9/11/2016 2:27:00 PM

I was pleasantly surprised by this product because it ended up doing exactly what I hoped it would do...a very nice surprise in the world of at-home hair dye, lol!

I had previously dyed my hair dark brown and my ends ended up being much darker than my roots, because they were more damaged than my roots so they sucked up more of the colour. They were VERY dark brown, almost black. I bought this product to massage into my ends, hoping it would gently lighten them to match the colour of my roots.

I did not use a brush. I just dipped my (gloved) fingers into the dye and massaged it into my ends, going up the hair strand very lightly to blend it in. I left the colour on for the full 30 mins.

I actually wasn't hoping for drastic lightening (like you see on the box) and I was thrilled when I saw the final results. My ends turned out about 1 shade lighter and my ends look more uniform with my roots.

If you have dark brown hair and you're hoping this dye will lighten your hair to the colour on the box, I can't confirm that will happen. But it WILL lighten your hair at least somewhat if you leave it on for the full 30 mins.

I also want to add...there is full on GLITTER in the conditioner that comes with this product. If you don't want glitter in your hair...give the conditioner a miss.

on 9/11/2015 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

God awful DO NOT BUY!! I'm a brunette, dyed my hair black months ago and decided I needed to go lighter. Saw this color at the store and was excited to try it...thought it would come out just like they said it would...hell no it didn't! My roots are the only thing that changed color now I look stupid and I'm highly angry. Spent 20 for two boxes. I will be calling for a refund. Don't waste your time or money!!! Sorry Feria but you score a giant 0 on this one...take it off the shelves!!

on 9/17/2014 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Really I'm impressed with the B61 hi-lift dye from L'Oreal Feria, my hair looks great. It has nice hue between medium golden brown and brown. I have natural dark brown/black hair. I used to bleach my hair to get the desired color, and I always had to trim my hair. This dye do the work for me.

I used this for the first time last week. I am 55 years old and have been coloring my hair for years. My hair is about 30% grey. I have been using Nice n Easy in Medium blond for a while with good results. Only the color looked too one dimentional.. Saw L'Oreal Feria Haircolor Hi-Lift Browns...like the hair color on the box and felt it was time for a change.
Boy what a mistake I made!! The color is awful...totally awful! It has turned my hair into a drab shade of greyish silver. I just hate it and would like to get some hair color removal product (which I have never had to use before). But don't want to damage my hair. Or put another color over this ...but, again...I don't want to damage my hair by overprocessing. Actually, this product left my hair in fairly decent condition...it is just the God Awful color that I find very aging and unattractive. Why didn't I just leave my hair alone? The color isn't even close to the color on the box.

The L'oreal Feria line in my opinion is a pretty decent box-dye choice ... I have used the reds and browns and blacks and turned out pretty nice.... I naturally have medium to dark brown hair (my roots always come in dark) and I was at Alberson's looking at their hair dyes when I came across this "Hi-lift " collection in "down town brown" ... I thought the color was gorgeous on the box and wanted to give it a shot for $10,, which in my opinion is a little steep for a 'box-dye' color.... i wish it was on sale!

My hair is color treated, has been for many years... I usually dye my hair 4-5 times a YEAR! I will dye my entire head becuase I usually want to switch up colors because I get bored!

My hair was dyed previously to an 'auburn' darker red color ... After following the instructions on the box... dying my roots last, leaving it on 30 minutes total, the end results were fairly decent....
Of course the color isn't as light as I really was hoping,,,, it's maybe as light as the darkest shade on the color chart on the side of the box.... But All in all, I am pretty pleased.. Maybe next time if i use this again it will lighten my hair more?

on 8/13/2014 7:14:00 AM

OMG the worst. I put this on my virgin brown hair and It turned my hair a muted dk purple like the color the applicator bottle turns when your done using it. Where are they getting high lift color at????? I had to goto a salon and get my hair color fixed. Cost me $88.00 -I CALLED LOREAL AND INSISTED THEY PAY FOR IT. I SENT THEM THE RECEIPT AND THE BAR CODE OFF THE BOX AFTER THEY SENT ME FORMS TO FILL OUT. They reimbursed me for $70.00. They would not pay for the salon coditing treatment that my hair needed to to this product damaging my hair . Which they should of cause it caused it. My point.... Call them and complain!!! Insist on a refund if only for the price of the box of color if it does not work...they will refund you. Keep the receipt and box. You will need it

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

i just put in my hair. and i just thought of reading the reviews. my hair is naturally black but i had previous hair dye in it such as purple/pink i'm kind of scared now that i put it in..

on 7/28/2014 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Bought this before I read reviews, then used it anyway, hoping it would work on my black dyed hair. Nope. It did absolutely nothing. FOR UNDYED hair. They don't mention that.

I have mixed feelings about this product. I've been using Feria dark brown #4 for some time to cover grey roots. It's great- but I wanted to go lighter. I started coloring my naturally light brown hair at home when I was a teenager. Then I went to salons in a never ending quest to get it back to the brown I'd once had, naturally, for free, growing right out of my head. I started doing my color at home again after bad experiences at salons giving me witchy-almost-black hair instead of brown, and the last straw was when I said I wanted to go lighter, and being told it wasn't possible. It is possible. I just did it. However, I had a really scary experience with this product. It seemed fine while I was applying it, but I started risnsing it out, my hair felt awful- like a burlap bag. Then I HEARD a plop, looked down, and it was a clump of my hair falling out onto the shower floor. A few more clumps followed. I was horrified- wondering if it was ALL going to go wooshing down the drain. From the way it felt, it seemed highly possible. I used almost the whole tube of conditioner it comes with, plus globs of every other conditioner I have. My hair still felt rough and burlappy. But the clumps stopped coming out. I sprayed in yet more (leave in) conditioner and let it dry naturally (I never blow dry). This is wear the mixed feelings come in- because my hair feels soft and normal now, I still have plenty of it (it's thick, I guess I could spare the clumps I lost) and the color is exactly what I had been looking for, my old color, a golden brown, not brassy at all. It didn't cover my grey so well (the product doesn't claim to be great for greys) but with the lighter brown it blends in so that it isn't that obvious. I never plan to use the Hi Lift again so now I need a product that will maintain this color without causing scary hair loss and covers my grey like a champ- reaching for the moon, yes, but then again the pros said lighter brown couldn't be done either.

Popular Hair Products