Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

Price: $

Price: $

talc, triclosan, fragrance

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love Love LOVE this powder.

I have the blue and pink and I also bought the BB magic ones. They are strongly scented so if you are sensitive then they may not be for you.

I like the pink more than the blue, the blue greys me out a little. But what I love is that these powders are very lightweight and blur pores, can be easily topped off if like me you have an oily t-zone, and are cheap! They take a while to arrive but that's generally not a problem.

on 11/28/2014 8:14:00 PM

This is great stuff in my opinion. Inexpensive, gives nice coverage and has the added benefit of a sunscreen. I really appreciate products that give great results at a sensible price and this gets a big tick of approval from me.

on 9/18/2013 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the "BB" version of this magic powder... It comes in a pink bottle, just as the others, but it has the label "BB". I don't know exacly what BB stands for in this particular product, but it's definitely a trend in cosmetic industry nowadays.

So, i was searching on ebay for a good powder for oily skin, and i saw this "magic" powders by pond's. What really caught my attention was the price. It's soooo cheap! And you get a good amount! I paid less than 3 euros for a 50gr. bottle. My go-to translucent powder by catrice costs almost 5 euros for 11gr.

This claims to control oils and blemishes, keeps skin matte, has UV protection and it's allergy and dermatologist tested. I choose the BB one because it's a skin colored powder, and gives a little bit of coverage.

I have oily acne prone skin, so this seemed to answer my needs...

I'm not a fan of the smell of it, it's very perfumery, but once applied it doesn't bother me anymore. It really gives a flawless look. It has a very light coverage, which complements foundation or bb cream very well. The finish is matte, but it's not powdery at all!!! It's perfect! I'm amazed!! It controls oils very well. As for blemish control... i don't really know. I already use treatments for acne, and i'm not looking for a powder to do it, i just want it to set my makeup and control my oils.

Also, the color doesn't make me lighter than my skin tone (i use this over my colorstay foundation in Sand Beige, and my Garnier BB Cream for oily skin, in the color light, and it's perfect).

I just don't like the packaging, it's not really handy. It's like those bottles of baby powder. I put the powder on a empty translucent powder container and i'm good to go :)

Definitely repurchasing! I'm going to try the light pink one, to see if it has any difference, but i will then mix with this one, as i prefer a skin colored powder.