Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

4.6

talc, triclosan, fragrance

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the bees knees!!!!
It controls my very oily skin without making me look to powdery. And I'm not light skinned at all either!!! It does have a smell to it--a flowery type smell, but that goes away pretty quickly.
I think that I am going to be repurchasing a few more bottles of this to make sure I always have it on hand, since it comes all the way from Thailand, I figure I ll stock up beforehand.
I like how it is packaged and I often just put some in the palm of my hand and use a makeup brush to apply it to my face OR I just use my hands to pat it on.
It has Niacinamide (vitamin B3 that helps with acne and dark spots) and sunscreen--I really, really like the fact that it has the Niacinamide, since I already am using Ponds Clarant B3 2X A day.
It is super inexpensive, I wish it was available here in the U.S!!!
The only downside is that it has to be bought and sent from Thailand...other then that, there are no cons when it comes to my opinion :-)

on 6/30/2012 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ohh, how much I love this product! Some times the simplest solution is the best solution. All those expensive matte lotions, primers, BB creams, mineral powders didn't work on my sensitive, very oily and acne-prone skin but this simple thing does.

Definite recommend! I actually like it's packing because I apply it very precisely with my finger tips. Great Product!

on 3/18/2012 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have the pink one, I got this from ebay for about $4.30 CAD.
Packaging: Is loose and comes on bottle (looks like baby powder)

I untwist this and pour some an a flat palette or in my palm, It looks like hot pink loose powder but when applied it is translucent, has this sweet smell, I really like it. Over my regular foundation and powder (Hardy candy one step foundation + Gosh pressed powder) it keeps me matte for about 5-6 hours before I show signs of dewiness not greasiness! I can go without blotting for about 8 hours before thinking of blotting or applying it again and my makeup will still look fresh just like I applied it in the morning. When I used I got so many compliments on my skin! I love this and would definitely repurchase this again from ebay, since its not available in Canada.

Will update a couple of weeks later :)

on 3/29/2011 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Love this product, i have been using this for almost a year now... it has a light flowery scent, tha scent is very nice. & i use it in the pink shade, it comes on very soft, it miminze my pores. & it makes my skin look fresh, it feels very very soft too . Love itt <3

on 5/22/2010 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

the best powder i've ever bought!!!!

i think it's even better than my MAC studio fix

it goes better when i wear it with Benefit That Gal, gives me rosey look and it last longer than any foundie&compact powder..just the best!!!

this is my 3rd bottle and i think i only got 1 bottle left,,

i think i'm gonna bought a dozens via ebay...

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

indeed this powder's got magic...awesome color blends with your skin so well...but unfortunately can't find it here at all...do anyone know about this product sold in UAE as in Abu dhabi or in Dubai stores?

on 4/11/2009 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think the pink works for fairer skinned people. The orange ("natural tan") powder was my staple in college. Controls oilies better than plain baby powder, and I liked how it seemed to even out my skin tone (this was before I'd discovered foundation =P). I'd reapply when needed, and it kept me feeling fresh and relatively matte in humid weather. Just be careful not to get it on white clothes. (It doesn't really stain though. Just flick it off.)

The packaging is a bit clunky. Best to transfer to a cute sifter jar with a puff.

I've used this for the past three years and will still repurchase! I can't find it here so I have my mom or sister send me a couple of bottles which I'm keeping in stock for summer. Haven't used it much this past winter but I found another great use for it: I use a fluffy brush and dust it over my undereye concealer to set it. The orange tone helps cover up the blue, and the sparkles have that brightening effect. =D

on 10/22/2007 10:51:00 PM

Bought this while i was holidaying in Bangkok. It has excellent oil control properties!! I was out scouring the flea markets for more than 5 hours in the terrible humid weather and my nose didn't shine one bit! It's super cheap too! :) Will repurchase definitely! :)

on 8/17/2007 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love love love this loose powder. It comes in a plastic talcum bottle-like container. Cute.

I have 2. One in a white container and the powder is white. One in an orangey container and the powder is (you guessed it) kind of orangey. The latter has tiny flecks of GOLD shimmer in it. I've never seen a prettier loose powder.

I pour some of this into a little container and I use it as a loose powder. It absorbs oil well, keeps my T-zone matte and is uber cheap.

I use both. On usual days, I use the white one. When I'm a little tanned, or if I'm wearing warm colors that day (apricot, bronze, golds), I'll go with the orangey one.

I bet you could mix the orangey one with some body lotion and make a glowy body lotion.

Fantastic buy. HG!!!

on 9/23/2006 12:51:00 AM

Ingredients : talc, triclosan, fragrance (old formulation); talc, triclosan, fragrance and micronised titanium dioxide (new formulation with UV protection)

My skin type is combination and acne prone.

The difference in the different types of powder is in the color and the smell (effects wise i don't think there's any difference).

Pink bottle: the powder is pink in color and the fragrance is the strongest. when applied it gives my face a more radiant look.
Orange bottle: the powder is white in color, the smell is like normal talcum powder's. will leave a white cast on the face when applied.
Blue bottle: the powder is blue in color, the smell is the same as the pink one but is not as strong. Have not tried this on the face yet.

This performs well for oil control (for its price) and this does not give me any breakouts or clogged pores. In fact i think it's good in controlling pimples due to the triclosan. I will use this after moisturiser for a natural look. It can also be used in place of loose powder too. I've been using this for years!