Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

3.3

talc, triclosan, fragrance

on 6/21/2016 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I feel bad doing this because so many people love it but... This powder turns my face slightly pink, and unnatural color even when I blend it out, and did nothing for oil control. I tried baking, lightly dusting it over my t zone and doing the Wayne goss method and still, it didn't control shine or oil production. Was super excited and it's just another dud. Sigh.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the bees knees!!!!
It controls my very oily skin without making me look to powdery. And I'm not light skinned at all either!!! It does have a smell to it--a flowery type smell, but that goes away pretty quickly.
I think that I am going to be repurchasing a few more bottles of this to make sure I always have it on hand, since it comes all the way from Thailand, I figure I ll stock up beforehand.
I like how it is packaged and I often just put some in the palm of my hand and use a makeup brush to apply it to my face OR I just use my hands to pat it on.
It has Niacinamide (vitamin B3 that helps with acne and dark spots) and sunscreen--I really, really like the fact that it has the Niacinamide, since I already am using Ponds Clarant B3 2X A day.
It is super inexpensive, I wish it was available here in the U.S!!!
The only downside is that it has to be bought and sent from Thailand...other then that, there are no cons when it comes to my opinion :-)

on 3/18/2012 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have the pink one, I got this from ebay for about $4.30 CAD.
Packaging: Is loose and comes on bottle (looks like baby powder)

I untwist this and pour some an a flat palette or in my palm, It looks like hot pink loose powder but when applied it is translucent, has this sweet smell, I really like it. Over my regular foundation and powder (Hardy candy one step foundation + Gosh pressed powder) it keeps me matte for about 5-6 hours before I show signs of dewiness not greasiness! I can go without blotting for about 8 hours before thinking of blotting or applying it again and my makeup will still look fresh just like I applied it in the morning. When I used I got so many compliments on my skin! I love this and would definitely repurchase this again from ebay, since its not available in Canada.

Will update a couple of weeks later :)