Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

Price: $

talc, triclosan, fragrance

on 9/18/2013 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the "BB" version of this magic powder... It comes in a pink bottle, just as the others, but it has the label "BB". I don't know exacly what BB stands for in this particular product, but it's definitely a trend in cosmetic industry nowadays.

So, i was searching on ebay for a good powder for oily skin, and i saw this "magic" powders by pond's. What really caught my attention was the price. It's soooo cheap! And you get a good amount! I paid less than 3 euros for a 50gr. bottle. My go-to translucent powder by catrice costs almost 5 euros for 11gr.

This claims to control oils and blemishes, keeps skin matte, has UV protection and it's allergy and dermatologist tested. I choose the BB one because it's a skin colored powder, and gives a little bit of coverage.

I have oily acne prone skin, so this seemed to answer my needs...

I'm not a fan of the smell of it, it's very perfumery, but once applied it doesn't bother me anymore. It really gives a flawless look. It has a very light coverage, which complements foundation or bb cream very well. The finish is matte, but it's not powdery at all!!! It's perfect! I'm amazed!! It controls oils very well. As for blemish control... i don't really know. I already use treatments for acne, and i'm not looking for a powder to do it, i just want it to set my makeup and control my oils.

Also, the color doesn't make me lighter than my skin tone (i use this over my colorstay foundation in Sand Beige, and my Garnier BB Cream for oily skin, in the color light, and it's perfect).

I just don't like the packaging, it's not really handy. It's like those bottles of baby powder. I put the powder on a empty translucent powder container and i'm good to go :)

Definitely repurchasing! I'm going to try the light pink one, to see if it has any difference, but i will then mix with this one, as i prefer a skin colored powder.

on 4/11/2009 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think the pink works for fairer skinned people. The orange ("natural tan") powder was my staple in college. Controls oilies better than plain baby powder, and I liked how it seemed to even out my skin tone (this was before I'd discovered foundation =P). I'd reapply when needed, and it kept me feeling fresh and relatively matte in humid weather. Just be careful not to get it on white clothes. (It doesn't really stain though. Just flick it off.)

The packaging is a bit clunky. Best to transfer to a cute sifter jar with a puff.

I've used this for the past three years and will still repurchase! I can't find it here so I have my mom or sister send me a couple of bottles which I'm keeping in stock for summer. Haven't used it much this past winter but I found another great use for it: I use a fluffy brush and dust it over my undereye concealer to set it. The orange tone helps cover up the blue, and the sparkles have that brightening effect. =D

on 8/17/2007 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love love love this loose powder. It comes in a plastic talcum bottle-like container. Cute.

I have 2. One in a white container and the powder is white. One in an orangey container and the powder is (you guessed it) kind of orangey. The latter has tiny flecks of GOLD shimmer in it. I've never seen a prettier loose powder.

I pour some of this into a little container and I use it as a loose powder. It absorbs oil well, keeps my T-zone matte and is uber cheap.

I use both. On usual days, I use the white one. When I'm a little tanned, or if I'm wearing warm colors that day (apricot, bronze, golds), I'll go with the orangey one.

I bet you could mix the orangey one with some body lotion and make a glowy body lotion.

Fantastic buy. HG!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It definately does it job well. It absorb oil well leaving my-normally-oiyl face smooth and soft.