Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

4.5

talc, triclosan, fragrance

This powder is incredible! I ordered mine from Amazon. It's takes almost a month to get it since it's shipped from Thailand but it was worth the wait. I have oily skin and I usually blot my face at least 4 times in a day, since using this powder I only have to blot around my nose once. That's pretty amazing for me. I will definitely repurchase.

on 9/18/2013 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the "BB" version of this magic powder... It comes in a pink bottle, just as the others, but it has the label "BB". I don't know exacly what BB stands for in this particular product, but it's definitely a trend in cosmetic industry nowadays.

So, i was searching on ebay for a good powder for oily skin, and i saw this "magic" powders by pond's. What really caught my attention was the price. It's soooo cheap! And you get a good amount! I paid less than 3 euros for a 50gr. bottle. My go-to translucent powder by catrice costs almost 5 euros for 11gr.

This claims to control oils and blemishes, keeps skin matte, has UV protection and it's allergy and dermatologist tested. I choose the BB one because it's a skin colored powder, and gives a little bit of coverage.

I have oily acne prone skin, so this seemed to answer my needs...

I'm not a fan of the smell of it, it's very perfumery, but once applied it doesn't bother me anymore. It really gives a flawless look. It has a very light coverage, which complements foundation or bb cream very well. The finish is matte, but it's not powdery at all!!! It's perfect! I'm amazed!! It controls oils very well. As for blemish control... i don't really know. I already use treatments for acne, and i'm not looking for a powder to do it, i just want it to set my makeup and control my oils.

Also, the color doesn't make me lighter than my skin tone (i use this over my colorstay foundation in Sand Beige, and my Garnier BB Cream for oily skin, in the color light, and it's perfect).

I just don't like the packaging, it's not really handy. It's like those bottles of baby powder. I put the powder on a empty translucent powder container and i'm good to go :)

Definitely repurchasing! I'm going to try the light pink one, to see if it has any difference, but i will then mix with this one, as i prefer a skin colored powder.

on 4/6/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

Oh how I wanted to love this product - I don't think it's fair to mark it down because of MY sensitivity to the smell - which I find quite strong and lingers
(Migraine trigger) It did control the oiliness but I just cannot get past the smell.

If it were fragrance free it would be 5 lippies for sure.

If scents don't bother you give this a try to control your oily skin.
I've seen several different brands of Magic powder on Ebay if anyone
knows of 1 that is unscented please contact me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It definately does it job well. It absorb oil well leaving my-normally-oiyl face smooth and soft.