Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

4.1

talc, triclosan, fragrance

on 6/21/2016 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I feel bad doing this because so many people love it but... This powder turns my face slightly pink, and unnatural color even when I blend it out, and did nothing for oil control. I tried baking, lightly dusting it over my t zone and doing the Wayne goss method and still, it didn't control shine or oil production. Was super excited and it's just another dud. Sigh.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love Love LOVE this powder.

I have the blue and pink and I also bought the BB magic ones. They are strongly scented so if you are sensitive then they may not be for you.

I like the pink more than the blue, the blue greys me out a little. But what I love is that these powders are very lightweight and blur pores, can be easily topped off if like me you have an oily t-zone, and are cheap! They take a while to arrive but that's generally not a problem.

on 11/28/2014 8:14:00 PM

This is great stuff in my opinion. Inexpensive, gives nice coverage and has the added benefit of a sunscreen. I really appreciate products that give great results at a sensible price and this gets a big tick of approval from me.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this, I really do. I got the original pink one and truly no loose powder ever worked so well for oil control and minimizing pores. I used it for a while but its very light, gives me a white face. Which is disappointing because I havent found any loose powder I like better for setting my foundation or bb cream. But other than the whiteness, its the best. I like the smell of it too.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Found this product in thailand, when i really need a powder for my blemish skin. It was really cheap, around 27bath. Really worth the price. I applied it onto my face right after I paid, and think 'have to buy some more'. Last all day, and really reduce the blemish until 5-6 hours after outdoor activity. Will buy this product again.

on 7/30/2013 10:55:00 PM

I found this on Amazon and it was a bargain at under $14 for 3 small bottles, including shipping. Had to order from Thailand so it took a few weeks to arrive but did so in excellent condition. I'm fair and this loose powder is truly invisible and erases mid-day shine instantly. Too bad we can't purchase it in the USA except online. It even has SPF!!! You need to sprinkle it into a container because it comes in a baby powder style bottle, but it's worth it. At least this bottle won't spill in your purse or break if you drop it.

on 4/11/2009 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think the pink works for fairer skinned people. The orange ("natural tan") powder was my staple in college. Controls oilies better than plain baby powder, and I liked how it seemed to even out my skin tone (this was before I'd discovered foundation =P). I'd reapply when needed, and it kept me feeling fresh and relatively matte in humid weather. Just be careful not to get it on white clothes. (It doesn't really stain though. Just flick it off.)

The packaging is a bit clunky. Best to transfer to a cute sifter jar with a puff.

I've used this for the past three years and will still repurchase! I can't find it here so I have my mom or sister send me a couple of bottles which I'm keeping in stock for summer. Haven't used it much this past winter but I found another great use for it: I use a fluffy brush and dust it over my undereye concealer to set it. The orange tone helps cover up the blue, and the sparkles have that brightening effect. =D

This is rather worth the money if you ask me.
However, I would prefer if it did come in a loose powder tub with powder puff form.
But for the super low price, I guess I cant complain much.

I have combi skin (normal but oily at the T-zone).
So far, it has been doing a rather OK job at keeping my face oil-free.
No breakouts or anything bad so far.

on 9/23/2006 12:51:00 AM

Ingredients : talc, triclosan, fragrance (old formulation); talc, triclosan, fragrance and micronised titanium dioxide (new formulation with UV protection)

My skin type is combination and acne prone.

The difference in the different types of powder is in the color and the smell (effects wise i don't think there's any difference).

Pink bottle: the powder is pink in color and the fragrance is the strongest. when applied it gives my face a more radiant look.
Orange bottle: the powder is white in color, the smell is like normal talcum powder's. will leave a white cast on the face when applied.
Blue bottle: the powder is blue in color, the smell is the same as the pink one but is not as strong. Have not tried this on the face yet.

This performs well for oil control (for its price) and this does not give me any breakouts or clogged pores. In fact i think it's good in controlling pimples due to the triclosan. I will use this after moisturiser for a natural look. It can also be used in place of loose powder too. I've been using this for years!

on 5/18/2004 8:56:00 PM

Magic Powder comes in a 50 gram plastic canister (very small, but dirt cheap, drugstore/supermarket bought) at 23 Thai Baht (USD 1 = THB 42), purchased at Watsons, Your Personal Store, which has branches in parts of East Asia and Southeast Asia. It has an antibacterial agent that absorbs oil and shrinks swelling of pimples. I'm 34 and still have trouble with acne, and after 1 application and 1 night of useage, it's done wonders - and so cheap. Would surely repurchase. But as for packaging, this is loose powder and wish it was packaged in a "pan" as "caked powder" for easy carrying around. Comes in 3 types to choose from "Cool Blue," "Soft Pink," and "Natural White" as the colors of the powders - I bought the "Natural White." (UPDATE: I found out the other day that though this formula doesn't come in a "pressed/cake powder," there are some caked powders: 1.) Oil Control 2-way powder in 3 colors to choose from - a foundation powder 2.) Oil Control as a pressed powder.)

*** UPDATE: I've been using this product for a few days, over the weekend, and I've changed the rating from 5 to 3 lippies and might not buy this again. Reason: because it ended up drying my skin and making it oil-free, but it hardened the pimples and I had to use a facial scrub to remove the hardened pimples since a facial clay mask didn't help do the trick. It might be good for oil skin types rather than combination skin at age 34 with hormonal acne - but for me, it wasn't quite exactly what I wanted. I am currently off it and using regular moisturizer, making sure I thoroughly remove all makeup for a clean face.