Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

4.5

talc, triclosan, fragrance

on 5/18/2004 8:56:00 PM

Magic Powder comes in a 50 gram plastic canister (very small, but dirt cheap, drugstore/supermarket bought) at 23 Thai Baht (USD 1 = THB 42), purchased at Watsons, Your Personal Store, which has branches in parts of East Asia and Southeast Asia. It has an antibacterial agent that absorbs oil and shrinks swelling of pimples. I'm 34 and still have trouble with acne, and after 1 application and 1 night of useage, it's done wonders - and so cheap. Would surely repurchase. But as for packaging, this is loose powder and wish it was packaged in a "pan" as "caked powder" for easy carrying around. Comes in 3 types to choose from "Cool Blue," "Soft Pink," and "Natural White" as the colors of the powders - I bought the "Natural White." (UPDATE: I found out the other day that though this formula doesn't come in a "pressed/cake powder," there are some caked powders: 1.) Oil Control 2-way powder in 3 colors to choose from - a foundation powder 2.) Oil Control as a pressed powder.)

*** UPDATE: I've been using this product for a few days, over the weekend, and I've changed the rating from 5 to 3 lippies and might not buy this again. Reason: because it ended up drying my skin and making it oil-free, but it hardened the pimples and I had to use a facial scrub to remove the hardened pimples since a facial clay mask didn't help do the trick. It might be good for oil skin types rather than combination skin at age 34 with hormonal acne - but for me, it wasn't quite exactly what I wanted. I am currently off it and using regular moisturizer, making sure I thoroughly remove all makeup for a clean face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It definately does it job well. It absorb oil well leaving my-normally-oiyl face smooth and soft.

on 9/23/2006 12:51:00 AM

Ingredients : talc, triclosan, fragrance (old formulation); talc, triclosan, fragrance and micronised titanium dioxide (new formulation with UV protection)

My skin type is combination and acne prone.

The difference in the different types of powder is in the color and the smell (effects wise i don't think there's any difference).

Pink bottle: the powder is pink in color and the fragrance is the strongest. when applied it gives my face a more radiant look.
Orange bottle: the powder is white in color, the smell is like normal talcum powder's. will leave a white cast on the face when applied.
Blue bottle: the powder is blue in color, the smell is the same as the pink one but is not as strong. Have not tried this on the face yet.

This performs well for oil control (for its price) and this does not give me any breakouts or clogged pores. In fact i think it's good in controlling pimples due to the triclosan. I will use this after moisturiser for a natural look. It can also be used in place of loose powder too. I've been using this for years!

on 8/17/2007 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love love love this loose powder. It comes in a plastic talcum bottle-like container. Cute.

I have 2. One in a white container and the powder is white. One in an orangey container and the powder is (you guessed it) kind of orangey. The latter has tiny flecks of GOLD shimmer in it. I've never seen a prettier loose powder.

I pour some of this into a little container and I use it as a loose powder. It absorbs oil well, keeps my T-zone matte and is uber cheap.

I use both. On usual days, I use the white one. When I'm a little tanned, or if I'm wearing warm colors that day (apricot, bronze, golds), I'll go with the orangey one.

I bet you could mix the orangey one with some body lotion and make a glowy body lotion.

Fantastic buy. HG!!!

This is rather worth the money if you ask me.
However, I would prefer if it did come in a loose powder tub with powder puff form.
But for the super low price, I guess I cant complain much.

I have combi skin (normal but oily at the T-zone).
So far, it has been doing a rather OK job at keeping my face oil-free.
No breakouts or anything bad so far.

on 10/22/2007 10:51:00 PM

Bought this while i was holidaying in Bangkok. It has excellent oil control properties!! I was out scouring the flea markets for more than 5 hours in the terrible humid weather and my nose didn't shine one bit! It's super cheap too! :) Will repurchase definitely! :)

on 4/11/2009 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think the pink works for fairer skinned people. The orange ("natural tan") powder was my staple in college. Controls oilies better than plain baby powder, and I liked how it seemed to even out my skin tone (this was before I'd discovered foundation =P). I'd reapply when needed, and it kept me feeling fresh and relatively matte in humid weather. Just be careful not to get it on white clothes. (It doesn't really stain though. Just flick it off.)

The packaging is a bit clunky. Best to transfer to a cute sifter jar with a puff.

I've used this for the past three years and will still repurchase! I can't find it here so I have my mom or sister send me a couple of bottles which I'm keeping in stock for summer. Haven't used it much this past winter but I found another great use for it: I use a fluffy brush and dust it over my undereye concealer to set it. The orange tone helps cover up the blue, and the sparkles have that brightening effect. =D

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

indeed this powder's got magic...awesome color blends with your skin so well...but unfortunately can't find it here at all...do anyone know about this product sold in UAE as in Abu dhabi or in Dubai stores?

on 5/22/2010 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

the best powder i've ever bought!!!!

i think it's even better than my MAC studio fix

it goes better when i wear it with Benefit That Gal, gives me rosey look and it last longer than any foundie&compact powder..just the best!!!

this is my 3rd bottle and i think i only got 1 bottle left,,

i think i'm gonna bought a dozens via ebay...

on 3/29/2011 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Love this product, i have been using this for almost a year now... it has a light flowery scent, tha scent is very nice. & i use it in the pink shade, it comes on very soft, it miminze my pores. & it makes my skin look fresh, it feels very very soft too . Love itt <3