Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

4.5

talc, triclosan, fragrance

on 6/21/2016 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I feel bad doing this because so many people love it but... This powder turns my face slightly pink, and unnatural color even when I blend it out, and did nothing for oil control. I tried baking, lightly dusting it over my t zone and doing the Wayne goss method and still, it didn't control shine or oil production. Was super excited and it's just another dud. Sigh.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Love Love LOVE this powder.

I have the blue and pink and I also bought the BB magic ones. They are strongly scented so if you are sensitive then they may not be for you.

I like the pink more than the blue, the blue greys me out a little. But what I love is that these powders are very lightweight and blur pores, can be easily topped off if like me you have an oily t-zone, and are cheap! They take a while to arrive but that's generally not a problem.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

This powder is incredible! I ordered mine from Amazon. It's takes almost a month to get it since it's shipped from Thailand but it was worth the wait. I have oily skin and I usually blot my face at least 4 times in a day, since using this powder I only have to blot around my nose once. That's pretty amazing for me. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the bees knees!!!!
It controls my very oily skin without making me look to powdery. And I'm not light skinned at all either!!! It does have a smell to it--a flowery type smell, but that goes away pretty quickly.
I think that I am going to be repurchasing a few more bottles of this to make sure I always have it on hand, since it comes all the way from Thailand, I figure I ll stock up beforehand.
I like how it is packaged and I often just put some in the palm of my hand and use a makeup brush to apply it to my face OR I just use my hands to pat it on.
It has Niacinamide (vitamin B3 that helps with acne and dark spots) and sunscreen--I really, really like the fact that it has the Niacinamide, since I already am using Ponds Clarant B3 2X A day.
It is super inexpensive, I wish it was available here in the U.S!!!
The only downside is that it has to be bought and sent from Thailand...other then that, there are no cons when it comes to my opinion :-)

on 11/28/2014 8:14:00 PM

This is great stuff in my opinion. Inexpensive, gives nice coverage and has the added benefit of a sunscreen. I really appreciate products that give great results at a sensible price and this gets a big tick of approval from me.

on 11/8/2013 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing powder! Searched for years to find a product to control my oily skin which doesn't break me out. This is it!! I have adult acne on my chin and my skin becomes sooo oily after approx 2 hrs. This powder actually works! My skin stays matte for hours. Feels so good to finally find a decent product that does what it says it does. I was so excited to hear of milk of magnesia as oily skin cure however it did nothing for me. This powder is my HG! The price is ridiculously cheap, £2.20 for 2 on Amazon. Try it you will not be disappointed!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this, I really do. I got the original pink one and truly no loose powder ever worked so well for oil control and minimizing pores. I used it for a while but its very light, gives me a white face. Which is disappointing because I havent found any loose powder I like better for setting my foundation or bb cream. But other than the whiteness, its the best. I like the smell of it too.

on 9/18/2013 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the "BB" version of this magic powder... It comes in a pink bottle, just as the others, but it has the label "BB". I don't know exacly what BB stands for in this particular product, but it's definitely a trend in cosmetic industry nowadays.

So, i was searching on ebay for a good powder for oily skin, and i saw this "magic" powders by pond's. What really caught my attention was the price. It's soooo cheap! And you get a good amount! I paid less than 3 euros for a 50gr. bottle. My go-to translucent powder by catrice costs almost 5 euros for 11gr.

This claims to control oils and blemishes, keeps skin matte, has UV protection and it's allergy and dermatologist tested. I choose the BB one because it's a skin colored powder, and gives a little bit of coverage.

I have oily acne prone skin, so this seemed to answer my needs...

I'm not a fan of the smell of it, it's very perfumery, but once applied it doesn't bother me anymore. It really gives a flawless look. It has a very light coverage, which complements foundation or bb cream very well. The finish is matte, but it's not powdery at all!!! It's perfect! I'm amazed!! It controls oils very well. As for blemish control... i don't really know. I already use treatments for acne, and i'm not looking for a powder to do it, i just want it to set my makeup and control my oils.

Also, the color doesn't make me lighter than my skin tone (i use this over my colorstay foundation in Sand Beige, and my Garnier BB Cream for oily skin, in the color light, and it's perfect).

I just don't like the packaging, it's not really handy. It's like those bottles of baby powder. I put the powder on a empty translucent powder container and i'm good to go :)

Definitely repurchasing! I'm going to try the light pink one, to see if it has any difference, but i will then mix with this one, as i prefer a skin colored powder.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Found this product in thailand, when i really need a powder for my blemish skin. It was really cheap, around 27bath. Really worth the price. I applied it onto my face right after I paid, and think 'have to buy some more'. Last all day, and really reduce the blemish until 5-6 hours after outdoor activity. Will buy this product again.

on 7/30/2013 10:55:00 PM

I found this on Amazon and it was a bargain at under $14 for 3 small bottles, including shipping. Had to order from Thailand so it took a few weeks to arrive but did so in excellent condition. I'm fair and this loose powder is truly invisible and erases mid-day shine instantly. Too bad we can't purchase it in the USA except online. It even has SPF!!! You need to sprinkle it into a container because it comes in a baby powder style bottle, but it's worth it. At least this bottle won't spill in your purse or break if you drop it.