Ponds Magic Powder - Oil and Blemish Control

4.4

talc, triclosan, fragrance

on 10/31/2017 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm reviewing the BB one because I bought only that one after reading so many good comments.

This product has totally nailed it! In Thailand it only costs about 20 Baht/ ±9000 IDR
And it really does its job! I have a very oily skin and my skin gets oily again after 2 hours of using other loose powders
But with this Ponds BB Powder my skin could stay looking fresh even after 5+ hours. It's really my holy grail now! Where was this product before? Everyone should really try this. Gonna buy this again hell yesss

on 6/21/2016 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I feel bad doing this because so many people love it but... This powder turns my face slightly pink, and unnatural color even when I blend it out, and did nothing for oil control. I tried baking, lightly dusting it over my t zone and doing the Wayne goss method and still, it didn't control shine or oil production. Was super excited and it's just another dud. Sigh.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this, I really do. I got the original pink one and truly no loose powder ever worked so well for oil control and minimizing pores. I used it for a while but its very light, gives me a white face. Which is disappointing because I havent found any loose powder I like better for setting my foundation or bb cream. But other than the whiteness, its the best. I like the smell of it too.

on 9/18/2013 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for the "BB" version of this magic powder... It comes in a pink bottle, just as the others, but it has the label "BB". I don't know exacly what BB stands for in this particular product, but it's definitely a trend in cosmetic industry nowadays.

So, i was searching on ebay for a good powder for oily skin, and i saw this "magic" powders by pond's. What really caught my attention was the price. It's soooo cheap! And you get a good amount! I paid less than 3 euros for a 50gr. bottle. My go-to translucent powder by catrice costs almost 5 euros for 11gr.

This claims to control oils and blemishes, keeps skin matte, has UV protection and it's allergy and dermatologist tested. I choose the BB one because it's a skin colored powder, and gives a little bit of coverage.

I have oily acne prone skin, so this seemed to answer my needs...

I'm not a fan of the smell of it, it's very perfumery, but once applied it doesn't bother me anymore. It really gives a flawless look. It has a very light coverage, which complements foundation or bb cream very well. The finish is matte, but it's not powdery at all!!! It's perfect! I'm amazed!! It controls oils very well. As for blemish control... i don't really know. I already use treatments for acne, and i'm not looking for a powder to do it, i just want it to set my makeup and control my oils.

Also, the color doesn't make me lighter than my skin tone (i use this over my colorstay foundation in Sand Beige, and my Garnier BB Cream for oily skin, in the color light, and it's perfect).

I just don't like the packaging, it's not really handy. It's like those bottles of baby powder. I put the powder on a empty translucent powder container and i'm good to go :)

Definitely repurchasing! I'm going to try the light pink one, to see if it has any difference, but i will then mix with this one, as i prefer a skin colored powder.

on 3/29/2011 2:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Love this product, i have been using this for almost a year now... it has a light flowery scent, tha scent is very nice. & i use it in the pink shade, it comes on very soft, it miminze my pores. & it makes my skin look fresh, it feels very very soft too . Love itt <3

on 5/22/2010 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

the best powder i've ever bought!!!!

i think it's even better than my MAC studio fix

it goes better when i wear it with Benefit That Gal, gives me rosey look and it last longer than any foundie&compact powder..just the best!!!

this is my 3rd bottle and i think i only got 1 bottle left,,

i think i'm gonna bought a dozens via ebay...

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

indeed this powder's got magic...awesome color blends with your skin so well...but unfortunately can't find it here at all...do anyone know about this product sold in UAE as in Abu dhabi or in Dubai stores?

on 4/11/2009 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think the pink works for fairer skinned people. The orange ("natural tan") powder was my staple in college. Controls oilies better than plain baby powder, and I liked how it seemed to even out my skin tone (this was before I'd discovered foundation =P). I'd reapply when needed, and it kept me feeling fresh and relatively matte in humid weather. Just be careful not to get it on white clothes. (It doesn't really stain though. Just flick it off.)

The packaging is a bit clunky. Best to transfer to a cute sifter jar with a puff.

I've used this for the past three years and will still repurchase! I can't find it here so I have my mom or sister send me a couple of bottles which I'm keeping in stock for summer. Haven't used it much this past winter but I found another great use for it: I use a fluffy brush and dust it over my undereye concealer to set it. The orange tone helps cover up the blue, and the sparkles have that brightening effect. =D

on 10/22/2007 10:51:00 PM

Bought this while i was holidaying in Bangkok. It has excellent oil control properties!! I was out scouring the flea markets for more than 5 hours in the terrible humid weather and my nose didn't shine one bit! It's super cheap too! :) Will repurchase definitely! :)

This is rather worth the money if you ask me.
However, I would prefer if it did come in a loose powder tub with powder puff form.
But for the super low price, I guess I cant complain much.

I have combi skin (normal but oily at the T-zone).
So far, it has been doing a rather OK job at keeping my face oil-free.
No breakouts or anything bad so far.