Jane Iredale Lid Primer

Jane Iredale Lid Primer

2.0

Not tested on animals

Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Mica, Glyceryl Stearate, Cyclomethicone, Carnauba Wax, Silicone Powder, Lecithin, Hydrated Silica. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Sadly this did absolutely nothing on my skin, which is mature and my eyelids tend to "eat" make up.

However I have found that the eye gloss was the perfect primer for kohl pencil. I was amazed. I told my local SA that I had discovered this trick on Jane Iredale blog. She had not heard of it and tried some on her hand. Her comment the next day was that she was amazed how this lasted, and stayed on even after washing up.

So if this does nothing, ditch it and try the gloss instead. I may try the primer on my lips now as it was oily and my lips need constant hydration.

on 2/17/2016 5:34:00 PM

I bought the lemon eyelid primer, a very disappointing product that does not meet the high reputation of the Jane Iredale brand. Basically, it does not work, at all. It's greasy and doesn't dry. Once I put eyeshadow over it, within an hour the whole lot had run into the crease. Also very expensive. I don't really know what you could use it for.

To Read all 28 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/7/2014 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a great highlighter if you have reddish pigmentation on your lids that you want to neutralize. I dab a tiny bit onto the reddish inner corner of my eyelid and make sure I don't leave any on the crease of my lid (because it does crease). I don't use eyeshadow on top of it. If you're looking for an eyeshadow base, this is not it. I'm not sure why they call it a 'primer' - definitely a misnomer. But really good as a subtle, beautiful, natural looking highlighter and pigmentation corrector.

on 2/24/2014 10:37:00 AM

Total Dud! I love Jane Iredale pressed powder, blush and eyeshadow but this is a stinker! I purchased the Petal color and it has no primer qualities; actually does the opposite - creases, doesn't dry, slippery. Also the desription states it can be used for as a overall quick color but it doesn't work for that either.

The only thing i might be able to use this for is a brow or cheek highlight. Usually, JI is a hit but this was a total miss.

on 5/25/2013 2:56:00 PM

I bought this in Canvas thinking it was a cream eyeshadow. Found out it's an eye primer, so I tried it under eyeshadow. It has a very slippery texture and it never dried (even with the powder eyeshadow on top) so it did crease and fade. However, I found it to be better used as a cream highlighter for the face. I used some on the tops of my cheeks, the inner corner of my eyes, the Cupid's bow of my lips and down my nose. Voila! My skin has a beautiful glow! For eye primer, I normally use Kat Von D High Voltage Eye Primer. With that, my eyeshadow doesn't go anywhere!

on 9/4/2011 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

"Would you buy this product again?" Hell, no!!! If only I could turn back time, I would turn it back to the time I went into that salon, and bought this eye primer. I was sucked in by the nice, champagne-y colour with a slight sheen, and thought I could use it on its own, much in the same way as a MAC Paintpot. Already when I opened the jar, I could suspect that I had made a terrible mistake. The texture....Like vaseline. I thought it would dry down nicely, but I was oh, so wrong. It streaked on my eyelids even before I had left the bathroom. That's a gem of a primer? Not in my book. I'll continue using my TFSI, because that actually works the way it's intended to.

on 2/10/2011 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love a lot of Jane Iredale products but this product does not work for me, The formulation is too oily and even with applying the smallest amount to the lid area it begins to crease after an hour. This product may work for someone who does not have the problem of oily lids.

on 1/5/2011 8:40:00 PM

I use the Jane Iredale Eyelid Primer in Canvas in two ways: for a base for eyeshadow and to brighten up the eyelid area and conceal mascara that accidentically get onto my skin.

In the mornings when I'm in a rush I need something that will let me get out the door on time and when mascara accidentally gets onto my skin I don't have time to get a Qtip wet it and clean up the mascara mess and eyeliner mistakes. Instead, I just take a bit of this stuff and put it over the mess since it conceals it nicely and makes the entire eyelid area brighter and seem more lively and makes me look much more awake. In other words, this stuff is amazing!

Even though it is quite expensive for a tiny jar retailing at $23 CDN at Spa Boutique spaboutique.ca it will last quite a while even though I've been using it almost every other day. The gold packaging is so cute and pretty so I always reach for it in my makeup bag and plus since its small and convenient I won't ever forgot to use it when I need to conceal something minor.

on 12/11/2010 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought this in Petal it is a pretty colour but the texture is like vasaline.
This was a total waste of money.

on 10/23/2009 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Personally not great as a lid primer to keep shadow on but is great when used as a subtle highlighter or cream eyeshadow..