Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler [DISCONTINUED]

Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler [DISCONTINUED]

3.8

on 9/20/2017 8:20:00 PM

For something with the word "detangler" in the title, you would think it would make your hair easy to comb through. That was not the case with this Aveda product. I felt like I had to use quite a bit to get it to detangle. As a conditioner, it's pretty decent. It never weighed my hair down,and gave me some nice definition when I let it air dry. The scent was just okay IMO. It really wasn't very strong, but I actually like that because I'd rather smell my shampoo. (Suave Daily Clarifying, if you were interested.) Overall this is a decent conditioner, crappy detangler.

on 6/19/2009 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Aveda Sap Moss Conditioning Detangler promises to "nourish dry hair while smoothing frizz and repairing split ends". Seems like a hefty claim,-but for the price they are selling this product at, I figured it was up to the challenge. The product smells a bit like you would expect a conditioner named Sap Moss to smell. Not good exactly..but not horrible either. Kind of earthy. Fans of yummy smelling shampoo should steer clear of this one, however. As far as conditioning went, it did an ok job. My hair was not totally dried out after its use, and I did notice my frizz going down a bit. However, the conditioning part was nothing special. It makes a better detangler than a conditioner, and in this respect it was pretty good. I have major issues with tangles, and I could brush my hair out of the shower easily after using this. However, I still did not find this product to be a stand out, especially not for the extremely high price...and I would not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I liked this conditoner for my hair. It took a lot of the tangles out of my hair. The scent is more of a herbal scent like most aveda products. overall a pretty good product.

on 4/22/2008 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Oh, Sap Moss, how do I love thee?

Nothing gives my hair moisture quite like the Sap Moss line. I have pretty fine, short hair that's been processed within an inch of it's life for the past 15 years and Sap Moss conditioner, along with the Nourishing Concentrate as a bit of a leave-in, gives my hair perfect moisture that's not weighed down at all. It leaves it shiny, bouncy and soft to the point where you can't tell I've been torturing it since I was 13. The smell takes some getting used to. Either you're gonna feel like you're showering in a lush forest or you're scrubbing your kitchen floor with Pine Sol. It kind of bothered me at first, but I've gotten used to it.

However...according to my hairstylist (I go to an Aveda salon), the entire Sap Moss line is supposed to be getting discontinued!!! NOOOO!!!! So my fellow Sap Moss lovers, call up Aveda (the number should be on the back of any product bottle) or go to Aveda.com and send them an email letting them know how big of a mistake this is! It's by far my HG Aveda shampoo/conditioner!

on 8/4/2008 5:56:00 AM

I never though any product could compete with Redkens All Soft to soften, my naturally dry, brittle and frizzy hair - but this one does! It's even gives a softer and more natural feeling than the Redken ones too. Makes my hair shiny, soft and managable. The nearest thing to baby hair you can come with my locks;-.)
It's not a divine smell, but I have no problem with it....guess I kind of like that it's so natural smelling, that the scent is not so strong. I've been out of the shampoo-version of this for months now, forgotten to buy and then ordered wrong, and that really showed me how addicted I am to it, still with a cabinet full of other great (expensive) shampoos - hate that the it's been discontinued;-(

on 8/27/2008 8:56:00 AM

I understand Aveda is no longer providing this product and it's been replaced with a "new", "improved" formula with a different name. I used a lot of the Sap Moss shampoo and conditioner over the past few years. It works pretty well for my hair -- the shampoo especially. The conditioner does a so-so job with detangling. The smell is a little strange and takes some getting used to but for the most part I liked it well enough I kept buying it. I like that it's packaged in see-thru containers. I've tried the "replacement" product and UGH!!!! HORRIBLE SMELL!!!! I'm off to find another brand....

on 2/21/2008 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love everything about this conditioner. I have normal-fine Asian hair that is sometimes color-treated, oily roots, must wash everyday. This is a great conditioner and awesome detangler that I use a pump of in conjunction with either the Rosemary Mint or some other light conditioner like MB Hair Rinsing Conditioner. It moisturizes just enough to make your hair super silky, but never weighed down or glossed down. I use it everyday.

on 2/19/2008 11:05:00 PM

I like this. Every time I have gotten my hair foiled the stylist has used this on my hair, so I finally decided to get it. I don't mind the smell, I kinda like it actually. And it fulfills its purpose, it makes my hair really sooooofffft.

on 8/16/2007 5:36:00 PM

I loved this conditioner! It made my hair look and feel great without weighing it down. It's definitely worth the investment!

on 2/1/2008 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Two lippies for the scent (really earthy which I like, but some may hate) and it makes an ok conditioner, but didn't seem to live up to the detangling moniker. My hair is pretty thick and dry and it gets pretty snarly after washing - this didn't help that much to make comb outs easier. This might be too much conditioning for some unless your hair always feels parched, like mine.