Ole Henriksen Rub n' Buff-Spa Salt Scrub

No Image

3.6

on 7/1/2018 8:06:00 PM

I love this scrub. It is creamy, yet exfoliates. The price is higher than I would like to spend for a scrub; I think it retails for about $44. Would buy again as a treat.

I like to treat myself to a shower before bed. This scrub has a spa scent, pleasant scrub. Residue isn't too oily, but you do have to wipe shower floor after. Its nice, nothing to shout about, but it helps me relax at end of day.

on 12/3/2014 1:55:00 PM

I purchased this product at a TJ Maxx so it was reduced and also on sale. Not sure I would feel the same if i had to purchase this at full price but for what I paid for it, I really like it. I have dry skin so this does moisturize a bit in addition to smoothing it out a lot. Like a previous reviewer, I like that it washed off clean with no sticky or oily residue. The smell is different - not for everyone. I don't like or hate the smell but I can see why someone would not like it. It does veer towards the medicinal, herby kinda smell and not in a very good way. It has a thick, kinda globy texture but when I put it in my hands and add a little waters, it spreads well. I gave it five lippies on the price as I beleive at fill price, this is about $30.00 which is just too much for a scrub but as I said, at the discount I bought it at, I am really enjoying it.

on 7/14/2006 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this scrub, it's a little non-traditional, but that's why i like it. for someone who has a tendancy to over-exfoliate this is a great one because it's not harsh at all and moisturizes at the same time without leaving that oily film on your body or your shower. The fragrance is so uplifting, especially in the morning when you're just trying to perk up in the shower. I use body sleek right after the shower and my skin has never been softer or smoother. definitely worth it, the quantity is huge for the price.

on 6/24/2006 11:03:00 PM

This is not the greatest scrub for the money. There are better out there.

on 6/30/2005 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Smells very much like Philosophy's Gingerbread man salt scrub - a very 'spa-like' scent - so that's a nice treat. The trick is to use the exfoliating gloves with any of these scrubs, the effects are much more obvious. This is a great prod. It leaves my skin silky soft, smelling good, a nice sheen but not oily - not crazy about the way any of these salt scrubs out there are pkged, you have to dig your fingers into the jar, but I guess it's the only practical way to do it. Price is a little hefty, $38 I think - Gingerbread man is cheaper - but I've tried it and it's nice, but this is a little more of a quality prod. IMO.

Ugh...what a terribly overpowering fragrance. Even if I could get over the fragrance, the scrub iteself (if you can even call it a scrub) does not do a thing. Instead of many fine granules, there are rather large chunks in a creamy base. This is way overpriced. I much prefer Alba Botanica Hawaiian Sea Salt scrub or even my own scrub made with sugar or salt and a few teaspoons of sweet almond oil!

on 5/16/2004 6:53:00 AM

Besides the lovely fragrance, the scrub doesn't scrub! The sea salts dissolve before you even start scrubbing! Has lavender & lemongrass essential oils so does moisturise the skin. Don't bother if you are looking for a good exfoliating product!